• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A-Levels Equivalence

Reaction score
The May/June session of this year and the previous one.

Man give biology or computer studies whichever you want. Don't give up hope that quickly, there are people in the world who go through two bachelors degrees to get to their dreams, 1 subject is a piece of cake.

Reaction score
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr WB

I'm afraid, yes you should have given it.
Plus...there's another rule...o lvl should be given within 2 years, not a gap more than that between the different sessions you appear!

To the last part of your post, so they don't give you equivalence certificate if the gap is more than 2 years? And you have to appear again? o_O

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
The May/June session of this year and the previous one.
To the last part of your post, so they don't give you equivalence certificate if the gap is more than 2 years? And you have to appear again? o_O
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb, appear for some subject either computer studies or biology sfter confirming from IBCC..

Actually, as far as I remember it should be given within ONE year, not two...made a mistake earlier...

I tried searching their documents, but I didnt find. Although it does say that in the case of re-appearing for the subject so as to improve the grade, it should be within one year.

So, either I do not remember properly or I'm unable to find the document. If I do get to know, I'll let you people know. Try to call IBCC and confirm with them. cuz I might be wrong. In that case, you might have the chance to reappear for a subject..plus check with them if they'll count add maths, cuz according to what they said in one of their docs, looks like they wont.
To quote:
i) Secondary School Equivalence Certificates (Science Group) may be issued to students who have studied at ‘O’ level, in addition to compulsory subjects including Mathematics, the subjects of (i) Physics (ii) Chemistry and (iii) Information Technology or Information Communication Technology or Computer Studies in lieu of Biology or Additional Mathematics with the condition that such an equivalence of SSC (Science Group) will not be valid for HSSC (Pre-Medical Group) even if Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects are passed at ‘A’ Level or in any other system. However, the above SSC Science group Equivalence of ‘O’ level shall be valid for HSSC (Pre-Engg) etc; if relevant subjects at ‘A’ Level are passed.
ii) This relaxation will not be allowed to the students who will pass ‘O’ Level examination in the academic year 2009 and onward and combination of Subjects given in the Government’s Scheme of Studies 2006 for relevant Levels shall be followed.

Reaction score
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb, appear for some subject either computer studies or biology sfter confirming from IBCC..

Actually, as far as I remember it should be given within ONE year, not two...made a mistake earlier...

I tried searching their documents, but I didnt find. Although it does say that in the case of re-appearing for the subject so as to improve the grade, it should be within one year.

So, either I do not remember properly or I'm unable to find the document. If I do get to know, I'll let you people know. Try to call IBCC and confirm with them. cuz I might be wrong. In that case, you might have the chance to reappear for a subject..plus check with them if they'll count add maths, cuz according to what they said in one of their docs, looks like they wont.
To quote:
i)Secondary School Equivalence Certificates (Science Group) may be issued to students who have studied at ‘O’ level, in addition to compulsory subjects including Mathematics, the subjects of (i) Physics (ii) Chemistry and (iii) Information Technology or Information Communication Technology or Computer Studies in lieu of Biology or Additional Mathematics with the condition that such an equivalence of SSC (Science Group) will not be valid for HSSC (Pre-Medical Group) even if Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects are passed at ‘A’ Level or in any other system. However, the above SSC Science group Equivalence of ‘O’ level shall be valid for HSSC (Pre-Engg) etc; if relevant subjects at ‘A’ Level are passed.
ii)This relaxation will not be allowed to the students who will pass ‘O’ Level examination in the academic year 2009 and onward and combination of Subjects given in the Government’s Scheme of Studies 2006 for relevant Levels shall be followed.

If I get my equivalence made with my original O/A level certificates will it remain valid forever ?

Reaction score

To quote:
i)Secondary School Equivalence Certificates (Science Group) may be issued to students who have studied at ‘O’ level, in addition to compulsory subjects including Mathematics, the subjects of (i) Physics (ii) Chemistry and (iii) Information Technology or Information Communication Technology or Computer Studies in lieu of Biology or Additional Mathematics with the condition that such an equivalence of SSC (Science Group) will not be valid for HSSC (Pre-Medical Group) even if Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects are passed at ‘A’ Level or in any other system. However, the above SSC Science group Equivalence of ‘O’ level shall be valid for HSSC (Pre-Engg) etc; if relevant subjects at ‘A’ Level are passed.
ii)This relaxation will not be allowed to the students who will pass ‘O’ Level examination in the academic year 2009 and onward and combination of Subjects given in the Government’s Scheme of Studies 2006 for relevant Levels shall be followed.

What the F. How to contact them now?

Reaction score
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr WB

Ofcourse it will..

Wsalam, thanks. Due to some family problems I had to take a gap year after O levels before starting my a levels, I want my equivalence for pre-medical group (am in A2 right now) as getting into a government college is going to be the best feasible option to me, I did my O levels with the required subjects and straight As so that gap year shouldn't affect my equivalence right ?

Reaction score
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr WB

Plus...there's another rule...o lvl should be given within 2 years, not a gap more than that between the different sessions you appear!
<A bit doubtful about this rule>

Please if you could tell me what grades would I need to get in A levels (atleast) so that I am into Mechanical or Electrical field of NED. My O-level grades are 6 A*s 1A and 1B.

Reaction score

To quote:
What should I do now? :unsure: :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
What should I do now? :unsure: :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb,

give an additional exam for either biology or computer studies. Personally, I think in this short time, it's better you give computers for you haven't studied biology for a long time, and you'll have difficulty memorizing everything..

Which subjects are you giving for A'levels?

IBCC's contact number is 051 9235020.

Although, I'm sure they they don't accept add maths anymore, you can still call and confirm with them. And another thing to check is if it'll be ok for you to give an additional exam now, I mean, cuz there's a 2-3 year gap since you gave O'levels, are they going to accept it?

Reaction score
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr WB

<A bit doubtful about this rule>
Please tell me should i give the paper in the coming session of 2013. Is there any way to contact the IBCC and ask whether it will be included with the other subjects I gave in O'levels or not? You are not sure about the rule to have completed ur O'levels within 2 years, but it seems to be correct.. so... what should i do now?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Please tell me should i give the paper in the coming session of 2013. Is there any way to contact the IBCC and ask whether it will be included with the other subjects I gave in O'levels or not? You are not sure about the rule to have completed ur O'levels within 2 years, but it seems to be correct.. so... what should i do now?
I gave the contact number in the above post. You can confirm with them.