• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A-Levels Equivalence

Reaction score
That totally is a foolishness, I'd say. I mean, getting a good A level result, and then that's not given a good value...My percentage drops..about 1% but yes..for medical, this 1% matters too...!

This thing is advantageous to those who got good O'level results but not that good results in A'levels...A friend of mine gets her % upgraded by 8% cuz of this...ofcourse this is good for her...

hey ! i got 3A,2B,2C in olevel and 2E and 1U in alevels
the uni i want to get into needs 45%.
can i get an equivalence? and if i can what will be my score ?
people are telling me i wont get an equivalence certificate and i am being asked to repeat, i dont want to repeat yaar

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
they require 3 a lvls, chem phys and bio or maths.

And a U doesnt appear on a certificate. so I'm afraid you might hv to rpt.

Call IBCC and confirm

Reaction score
i need help i got pretty bad grades in Alevels, really bad need to know equalence thing how to find out equalence if i have 5A's 3B's in olevels en pathetic grades in ALEVELS
for o levels ur equivalence will be 650/800 ---- 81.25% -- A
while a level result i dont know about urs so cant tell about a levels but if its even really poor, I dont think ur equivalence will fall down from 75%...... u should get 75%+ equivalence :)
Cheer up :)

Guys listen.... I want to know whether after applying equilance and getting grades according to the rule of IBCC (A*-90, A-85, B-75 etc) will there be more deduction of marks??
I mean my equivalence for 2A*s 4As and 2Bs are 670/800.... so will IBCC further deduct 10% more marks as they use to do before A* arrived? Please help me.... Im worried....

Ps: I didnt give A level CIE....

Reaction score
the marks euivalent to this percentage.

Sorry, I am not getting you.

i need help i got pretty bad grades in Alevels, really bad need to know equalence thing how to find out equalence if i have 5A's 3B's in olevels en pathetic grades in ALEVELS

O level equivalence : 731.25/900

For A levels mention the grades.

How do we calculate our A level equivalence? Whats the formula?

Check the last 2 pages of this document : Equivalence

CaptainDanger - Hey. Could you please convert my Olevel grades? I appeared for 7 subjects and got 1 A*, 4 A's and 2 B's?
thankyou soooo much in advance!

8th subject? Give a read to the link Suchal Riaz has posted.

for o levels ur equivalence will be 650/800 ---- 81.25% -- A
while a level result i dont know about urs so cant tell about a levels but if its even really poor, I dont think ur equivalence will fall down from 75%...... u should get 75%+ equivalence :)
Cheer up :)

Guys listen.... I want to know whether after applying equilance and getting grades according to the rule of IBCC (A*-90, A-85, B-75 etc) will there be more deduction of marks??
I mean my equivalence for 2A*s 4As and 2Bs are 670/800.... so will IBCC further deduct 10% more marks as they use to do before A* arrived? Please help me.... Im worried....

Ps: I didnt give A level CIE....

You are calculating it wrong. You have to multiply and divide those marks by 900 and 800 respectively. Like : (650*900)/800 = marks out of 900 is the equivalence. Give a read to the link that I have posted above.

So you end up getting : (670*900)/800 = 753.75/900 in O levels (no other deductions).

Last edited:
Reaction score
It does make a difference. Yes!!! When you are done with equivalence show it to each and everyone that said that to you.
salam man can you calculate my equivalence for fsc/alevels ? i got 756/900 in matric and alevels i got 3B's. What equivalence would i get?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I did Matric ( NOT O Level) years ago and got 668/850. Now I did A level ( Bio, Chemistry, Physics) and got 3 B. I am wondering what number I will get equivalent to FSc Pre Medical as I am interested to take admission in Medical college.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I did Matric ( NOT O Level) years ago and got 668/850. Now I did A level ( Bio, Chemistry, Physics) and got 3 B. I am wondering what number I will get equivalent to FSc Pre Medical as I am interested to take admission in Medical college.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi, Ive done someones calculations after a really long time and i hope im correct, ur total out of 1100 is 853.
Although shouldnt your total be 900 for Matric and not 850?
youve got a good percentage of 77.5% , you can go for medical colleges, yes. Start preparing for MCAT for this August and you must do really good in that ,like atleast score 950+ in that. :)

Reaction score
Hi, Ive done someones calculations after a really long time and i hope im correct, ur total out of 1100 is 853.
Although shouldnt your total be 900 for Matric and not 850?
youve got a good percentage of 77.5% , you can go for medical colleges, yes. Start preparing for MCAT for this August and you must do really good in that ,like atleast score 950+ in that. :)

Hi Saby,

Thanks for your help. You are right about Matric marks but I did Matric in 90s ( total marks were 850 in those good days) then I did FSc Pre engineering and I went to Europe where I studied Accountancy. I ended up doing ACCA and worked in Audit firm for 10 years & setting up my own practice. I went back to college again in USA studying degree in science and would like to change my profession now. More interested in medicine. I know its late but I have no liabilities and who cares if its late or not. Got sick of working as an Auditor and looking forward to change the profession. I have good chances to secure a place in USA medical school but I want to make sure that I meet basic MBBS requirements for PMDC, in case if I come back to Pakistan.