• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A Level Subject Choices???

Reaction score
Hey guys.. Going to start A Levels in September. Do u think Bio chem phy socio and psychology is a good mix?
Is it very hard to do?

Need honest opinions..

Reaction score
Hey guys.. Going to start A Levels in September. Do u think Bio chem phy socio and psychology is a good mix?
Is it very hard to do?

Need honest opinions..
Yes its a good take ONLY if you are set to study medicine after A Level.
If you are unsure about your career at the moment, I'd suggest you drop Sociology and Psychology both. They are not going to help you in your undergraduate and you'd just be putting extra burden on yourself.
Your combination for medicine: Physics Chem Bio and Sociology (it's relatively easy)
Your combination for ANY field ranging from medicine to engineering to CS: Physics Chemistry Maths and Bio. No need of Socio or Psy.
I'd suggest you opt for the second combination, this way if you have a change of plan then you can easily apply to all relevant programmes and see whatever suits you. If you do not take Maths, you are pretty much left with Medical. Assuming you're a Pakistani, getting into a government institute is pretty hard and private are super expensive. So, just stay on the safer side, take 4 subjects and have maths in it. The combination is perfectly doable if you work hard.
A Level won't be a walk in the park like O level so don't get over confident if you have gotten good grades in O Level.

Good luck! :)

Reaction score
Actually I am set for medical... So u got that right. Thats one of the reasons why I didnt want maths cuz its a full fledged subject that requires a lot of hardwork and I dont want to take up extra burden for nothing. Secondly Psychology is my interest and I might go for psychiatry as my specialization option..

Reaction score
Is it very hard to do?

Need honest opinions..
Alevels is not easy? It requires a lot of work and patience. Don't overload yourself with unnecessary subjects. It's too early for you to take psych for specialization. Med schools don't care or take it into acct. I would recommend you stick with the main sciences.

Reaction score
Actually I am set for medical... So u got that right. Thats one of the reasons why I didnt want maths cuz its a full fledged subject that requires a lot of hardwork and I dont want to take up extra burden for nothing. Secondly Psychology is my interest and I might go for psychiatry as my specialization option..
Well then it's cool. You should be good with Physics, Chemistry, Bio and Psychology. Good luck! :)