• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Islamic studies

Reaction score
if they ask for difference , we have to only state difference in quran and sunnah or even the other sources that wer common???

u cn state anything as long as u hv sth 2 justify. sm difference: either in d actual src (lyk amal of madinites in Maliki bt nt in ohters), or d interpretation (lyk I. Abu Hanifa preferred d Quran over all others dat apparently contradict)

Reaction score
yes i know about urf , my sir had told!
ya "dabba" is known as a horse all around the world , in general , but in syria when someone says "dabba" they mean any 4 legged animal , so if anyone is makig any dealings on buying or selling dabba in syria then they sholud be ell aware that it can be any four legged animal and not a horse. taking this into consideration imam malik has said that it will not be wrong on a persons behalf if he sells a goat(or any four legged animal) i syria in the name of dabba , because its a custom and tradition there to call any for legged animal "dabba"..................................i hope u understand.

concerning istislah , i am sorry even i am not well aware of it!!:unsure::notworthy::( AAnsarii pls help :) 1995@10Sept u too!

angelic dabba is 4 legged animal in general however in syria it is specificaly called horse....dis is urf's example
istislah is prefrence of one proof over another due to it being more applicable in d situation imam malik called it istishab n shafai called it isttishab......May Allah help you n plz pry 4 me 2......!!!!!(y)

Reaction score
can please someone tell me abt 6 compilation :( i just dont knw abt it n its da last thing i need to do .

6 compilations..?? or what lead to it....

there r 6 stages:
Era of Prophet:mostly quran written so not much imp on hadith but still they write it
Era of Sahaba
Era of Tabioon: umar bin abdul aziz told Abu Bakr bin hazm n as-zuhri to compile hadith coz many fabrigators
Era of Tabi ut- Tabioon : Muwatta of imam malik
Era of Saheeh : Saheeh bukhari n muslim

STAGGES OF WRITING:
1 st stg: SAHEEFA : age of companions & successord
2nd stg : MUSANNAF : muwatta of imam malik
3rd stg: MUSNAD : Musnad ahmed
4th stg: SAHEEH : saheeh bukhari n muslim..... overlaps mussanad period...

Reaction score
criteria/books??

Usool al hadith. somewhere in d Saheeh sxn

6 compilations..?? or what lead to it....

there r 6 stages:
Era of Prophet:mostly quran written so not much imp on hadith but still they write it
Era of Sahaba
Era of Tabioon: umar bin abdul aziz told Abu Bakr bin hazm n as-zuhri to compile hadith coz many fabrigators
Era of Tabi ut- Tabioon : Muwatta of imam malik
Era of Saheeh : Saheeh bukhari n muslim

STAGGES OF WRITING:
1 st stg: SAHEEFA : age of companions & successord
2nd stg : MUSANNAF : muwatta of imam malik
3rd stg: MUSNAD : Musnad ahmed
4th stg: SAHEEH : saheeh bukhari n muslim..... overlaps mussanad period...

can please someone tell me abt 6 compilation :( i just dont knw abt it n its da last thing i need to do .

AAnsarii why do imams differ is imp?? matlab is it a repeated question?

How did your paper 2 go? What questions did you attempt?