• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Islamic studies

Reaction score
12 Imams after me… then kingship…then Mahdi
what do u mean from this?
its the hadith of the prophet(pbuh) "after me there will be 30years of khilafa then there will be kingship"
30 years includde the four khulafa-e- rashideen n 'kingship' is the other sahabas ...like muawiah..yazid..ect
imaam mahdi is the twelve th imaam to b born in d end times..

Reaction score
12 Imams after me… then kingship…then Mahdi
what do u mean from this?

Sahih Bukhari:
Narrated Jabir bin Samura: I heard Muhammad saying, "There will be twelve Muslim rulers." He then said a sentence which I did not hear. My father said, "All of them (those rulers) will be from Quraish." [1]
Sahih Muslim :
Narrated Jabir bin Samura: I heard Muhammad saying, "The (Islamic) religion will continue until the Hour (day of resurrection), having twelve Caliphs for you, all of them will be from Quraysh."[2]
The Hadith of the Twelve Successors is a well-known statement attributed to the Prophet by the Sunnite transmitters of hadith according to which he predicted that there would be twelve caliphs after him, all from his tribe, the Quraysh. One version of the statement spoke of twelve caliphs during whose reign the Islamic community would be united. In other versions, it was also predicted that anarchy would prevail after the reign of those twelve

3. Lets see whom were the first righteous Khalifas (rulers) from the begining of the history of Islam:
- Abu Bakr radiyallahu anhu
- Umar radiyallahu anhu
- Uthman radiyallahu anhu
- Ali radiyallahu anhu
- Umar bin Abdul Aziz rahimahu Allah.
Then we have at the end of time, al Imam al Mahdi (Muhammad bin Abdellah) who will be from the offspring of al Hasan bin Ali bin Abi Talib.
All of the above were from Quraish.
Five whom were rulers in past, and one will be a ruler in future, as in authentic hadith.
As for the other 6, scholars differed and we can't be sure whom they are, and if all of them except for one (al Mahdi) have already past or some will come in future, Allahu a'lam.

I found this from d net....

Reaction score
its the hadith of the prophet(pbuh) "after me there will be 30years of khilafa then there will be kingship"
30 years includde the four khulafa-e- rashideen n 'kingship' is the other sahabas ...like muawiah..yazid..ect
imaam mahdi is the twelve th imaam to b born in d end times..

hey 30 yrs of Khalifatur Rashidoon....n they only include Abu Bakr (r.a)-2yrs, Umar(r.a)-10yrs, Uthman(r.a)12 yrs, n Ali(r.a)-5yrs n probably a few yrs of hasan(r.a) so here 30 yrs r done , so Muawiyya n Yazid wont b here :)

2+10+12+5=29 so a few months of Hasan(r.a) too i guess :)

fille spéciale AppleCherries

Reaction score
Shi'i Imam vs Sunni Khalifah
AppleCherries ur outline above.
generally, in dis ans, u must state d pts n justify, wid quranic verses, ahadith, n ur own justifications.

4 d reason mentioned above, u'l only hv tym 2 mk ur major points. so dnt go about jst stating, 4 higher mks v need support 4m d srcs. (even shia justification)
hence i'd humbly advice u 2 only include d foll. pts: (many of which u've stated above)

1. Eligibility: Only Ahle Bayt. Divine slxn 1.Quraysh in general. Shoora
2. Divine guidance 2. no direct divine help
3. 4m Ahle Bait 3. 4m pious ppl & gud in administration.
4. d 1st Imam in Shahadah (Ali(ra)) 4. no God but Allah, Muhammad (s) = slave & msgr
5. Infallible; \ mandatory obedience 5. exercise ijtihad. if ryt, 2 rewards, wrong, 1. so, prone 2 error; so obligatory 2 follwo unless against Q&S
6. their judgement = God's decision [ayatullah] 6. (related 2 d above^ pt) judge according 2 srcs of law. strive 4 best
7. spiritual, religious, political head 7. religious n political head
8. Power: supernatural, miracles, ctrl wrld, Ghayb 8. no power
9. Constitution: Quran, Sunnah, Qawle Ali, Imam 9. Quran, Sunnah, Ijma, Qiyas
10. last imam gone in2 hiding. his occultation 10. khilafah swept in2 kingship. I.Mahdi yet 2 b born

evidence given by Shi'as 2 support belief in imams:
I. 33:33 (interpretation of d meaning. problems plz correct) "...Allah only wants to remove you of the Rijz and to purify you..." \Allah has purified them n following is thus mandatory.
II. 3:61. verse of mubahilah. Pr(s) took Fatimah & family. \ahle bait + obedience.
III. Hadith of Ghadire Khum. Pr(s),"Whosoever I am maula to, Ali is his maula". bt maula/wali has many meanings
IV. hadith of the Cloak. Pr(s) took Ali, Fatimah, Hasan, Husain in d cloak of d Ka'bah n prayed (du'a)
V. hadith of the two weighty things. "Quran, Sunnah", "Quran, Ahle Bait". \Sunnah=Ahle Bait (quran gets cancelled. maths)

hope it helped :) all d best (y) may Allah Help us all get all A*s.

Reaction score
hey 30 yrs of Khalifatur Rashidoon....n they only include Abu Bakr (r.a)-2yrs, Umar(r.a)-10yrs, Uthman(r.a)12 yrs, n Ali(r.a)-5yrs n probably a few yrs of hasan(r.a) so here 30 yrs r done , so Muawiyya n Yazid wont b here :)

2+10+12+5=29 so a few months of Hasan(r.a) too i guess :)

fille spéciale AppleCherries

she meant 2 say (i thk) dat 1st, Khilafatur Rashidah--d 4 +Hasan (Ra). then d kingship includes d other sahabi--Mu'awiyah n his successors.

Reaction score
For Imaam Shafi please also explain this:
o Quran: Inheritance after debts and bequests… Sunnah: only a 1/3rd of property and debt precedence
o Mas-h ruling only if in purified state…
o Sunnah : inspired and is part of revelation
AAnsarii plz see if it is right...

What i think is that see d quran tell chop off hands of d thief but sunnah limits it to telling that only if d prson has robbed (i guess more than or equal) to 1/4 dinar only then chop of the hands...

Masah: only if u had ur wudoo earlier n then wore ur socks before breaking ur wudoo...then even if u break ur wudoo n still u have ur socks on n didnt remove it, then u can do mashaa...

Sunnah inspired n part of revelation coz how else would Prophet(p.b.u.h) get to know things, only if Allah inspires him na...also its mention in surah Najm ch53 v3-4
Nor does he speak from [his own] inclination.It is not but a revelation revealed,

Reaction score
When you write answers on Shi'ism/Sufism, do NOT show ur bias/opinion.

Sould i quote the below while writing a question on Imamat?
Evidence Shia give to support belief in Imamat:
· Allah assigns Imam
"And when Abraham was tested by his Lord with certain commands and he fulfilled them. Then He said: Lo! I appoint you an Imam for mankind." (Quran 2:124).
· Salman al-Farsi (RA) narrated that:
I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HF) saying: "I myself and Ali were one light in the hands of Allah fourteen thousand years (14,000) before He created Adam (AS). When Allah created Adam. (AS) He divided that light into two parts, one part is me and one part Ali."
· And I heard the Messenger of Allah(PBUH&HF) saying: "I am the seal of the prophets and you, Ali, the seal of the Awliyaa."
· Concept of Ihlam e.g.
See verses 11:69-73 where angels talked to the wife of Abraham and gave her the glad tiding that she is pregnant of prophet Isaac (AS).
· Regarding being Muhaddath
Sahih al-Bukhari Hadith: 5.38 (Arabic-English Version)
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Among the nations before you there used to be people who were inspired (though they were not prophets). And if there is any of such a persons amongst my followers, it is ..."

Reaction score
AppleCherries sorry there were some mistakes i did!!!
but my friends corrected me , i hope u forgive me!!!
jazakALlah :) AAnsarii fille spéciale 1995@10Sept

· Allah assigns Imam
"And when Abraham was tested by his Lord with certain commands and he fulfilled them. Then He said: Lo! I appoint you an Imam for mankind." (Quran 2:124).
· Salman al-Farsi (RA) narrated that:
I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HF) saying: "I myself and Ali were one light in the hands of Allah fourteen thousand years (14,000) before He created Adam (AS). When Allah created Adam. (AS) He divided that light into two parts, one part is me and one part Ali."
· And I heard the Messenger of Allah(PBUH&HF) saying: "I am the seal of the prophets and you, Ali, the seal of the Awliyaa."
· Concept of Ihlam e.g.
See verses 11:69-73 where angels talked to the wife of Abraham and gave her the glad tiding that she is pregnant of prophet Isaac (AS).
· Regarding being Muhaddath
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Among the nations before you there used to be people who were inspired (though they were not prophets). And if there is any of such a persons amongst my followers, it is ..."

Reaction score
AAnsarii plz see if it is right...

What i think is that see d quran tell chop off hands of d thief but sunnah limits it to telling that only if d prson has robbed (i guess more than or equal) to 1/4 dinar only then chop of the hands...

Masah: only if u had ur wudoo earlier n then wore ur socks before breaking ur wudoo...then even if u break ur wudoo n still u have ur socks on n didnt remove it, then u can do mashaa...

Sunnah inspired n part of revelation coz how else would Prophet(p.b.u.h) get to know things, only if Allah inspires him na...also its mention in surah Najm ch53 v3-4
Nor does he speak from [his own] inclination.It is not but a revelation revealed,

AppleCherries sorry there were some mistakes i did!!!
but my friends corrected me , i hope u forgive me!!!
jazakALlah :) AAnsarii fille spéciale 1995@10Sept

When you write answers on Shi'ism/Sufism, do NOT show ur bias/opinion.

What can you write in this question? plzzzz help

With reference to any country you know where Muslims are in a minority, discuss
(b) the opportunities they have in living their lives as Muslims. [12]

Reaction score
Shi'i Imam vs Sunni Khalifah
AppleCherries ur outline above.
generally, in dis ans, u must state d pts n justify, wid quranic verses, ahadith, n ur own justifications.

4 d reason mentioned above, u'l only hv tym 2 mk ur major points. so dnt go about jst stating, 4 higher mks v need support 4m d srcs. (even shia justification)
hence i'd humbly advice u 2 only include d foll. pts: (many of which u've stated above)

1. Eligibility: Only Ahle Bayt. Divine slxn 1.Quraysh in general. Shoora
2. Divine guidance 2. no direct divine help
3. 4m Ahle Bait 3. 4m pious ppl & gud in administration.
4. d 1st Imam in Shahadah (Ali(ra)) 4. no God but Allah, Muhammad (s) = slave & msgr
5. Infallible; \ mandatory obedience 5. exercise ijtihad. if ryt, 2 rewards, wrong, 1. so, prone 2 error; so obligatory 2 follwo unless against Q&S
6. their judgement = God's decision [ayatullah] 6. (related 2 d above^ pt) judge according 2 srcs of law. strive 4 best
7. spiritual, religious, political head 7. religious n political head
8. Power: supernatural, miracles, ctrl wrld, Ghayb 8. no power
9. Constitution: Quran, Sunnah, Qawle Ali, Imam 9. Quran, Sunnah, Ijma, Qiyas
10. last imam gone in2 hiding. his occultation 10. khilafah swept in2 kingship. I.Mahdi yet 2 b born

evidence given by Shi'as 2 support belief in imams:
I. 33:33 (interpretation of d meaning. problems plz correct) "...Allah only wants to remove you of the Rijz and to purify you..." \Allah has purified them n following is thus mandatory.
II. 3:61. verse of mubahilah. Pr(s) took Fatimah & family. \ahle bait + obedience.
III. Hadith of Ghadire Khum. Pr(s),"Whosoever I am maula to, Ali is his maula". bt maula/wali has many meanings
IV. hadith of the Cloak. Pr(s) took Ali, Fatimah, Hasan, Husain in d cloak of d Ka'bah n prayed (du'a)
V. hadith of the two weighty things. "Quran, Sunnah", "Quran, Ahle Bait". \Sunnah=Ahle Bait (quran gets cancelled. maths)

hope it helped :) all d best (y) may Allah Help us all get all A*s.

AppleCherries
i dont know if all that u have said is correct or authentic , but i dont think there is any harm in quoting it if u have the knowledge , it may gain u marks!
but all that aansarii has said above would be enough i guess!

AAnsarii jazakAllah :)

Reaction score
What can you write in this question? plzzzz help

With reference to any country you know where Muslims are in a minority, discuss
(b) the opportunities they have in living their lives as Muslims. [12]

wow thats so tough!

Attachments

• Human relations non muslims.docx
    32 KB · Views: 14
  • Muslims in India.docx
    15.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Muslims in minorities.docx
    16.4 KB · Views: 20
Reaction score
·Allah assigns Imam
·Salman al-Farsi (RA) narrated that:
·And I heard the Messenger of Allah(PBUH&HF) saying: "I am the seal of the prophets and you, Ali, the seal of the Awliyaa."
·Concept of Ihlam e.g.
·Regarding being Muhaddath
Narrated Abu Huraira:

gud supporting info. bt mk sure its nt inaccurate (at least shi'as should have made that claim which they appear 2 hv)
n d last hadith, i think (as far as i rmbr:confused:) "...it is Umar" AngelicBeauty 1995@10Sept fille spéciale correct?