• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Islamic studies

Reaction score
Salam!
did you have ur AS level islamic studies exam last year?
If so, how was it? I am a bit afraid because i have been studying (actively) for this exam since late august and i am not sure about my knowledge. Also, when i read the question, at first i think that i cant answer it because of the way it has been asked. Any last minute advice?
InsaAllah that ur A level isl studies passes good.

Reaction score
The early ‘Abbasids: their seizure of the caliphate, the changes to administration of the state under their
rule, their decline and weakness after 850

Can someone give me notes of Abbasids please

Reaction score
Salam!
did you have ur AS level islamic studies exam last year?
If so, how was it? I am a bit afraid because i have been studying (actively) for this exam since late august and i am not sure about my knowledge. Also, when i read the question, at first i think that i cant answer it because of the way it has been asked. Any last minute advice?
InsaAllah that ur A level isl studies passes good.
wassalam... m giving A2.. I mean both AS & A together.. its easy.. if u want any notes or anything pm me.. il be happy to help:)

Reaction score
ooo God! I just saw that u wrote this.. probably its too late, but i think i know enough :) Thanks anyways!
My exam is in about two hours! Wish me luck!

skull gurl: Good look! InsaAllah ull do well

Reaction score
The Umayyads: the establishment of the dynasty, the main events of their rule, their decline and
collapse

the establishment era begin from muawiya (r.a) time.. battle of siffin n after the death of ali n the period of hassan's rule n tking oaths on yazeeds name during his time.

main events would be focused on rebellions, their expansion n ofcourse include the events of the caliphs for special study..

muawiya- ali, hussan , appointing yazid as governor. cousin zeyad bin abi sufyan, kharijis

yazeed- karbala, ibn zubair, kharijis

marwan- shifting of the claiphate from sufyanids to marwanids.

abdul malik-standardized the currency, hajjaj bin yusuf death blow to ibn zubair, arabic official lang, construction of the dome of the rock

waleed- conquest

sulaiman bin abdul malik- broke the rule of heriditory succession

umar bin abul aziz- considered by many as 5th rightly guided caliph, policies of the 4 caliph, compile hadith...

hisham- stabalise the caliphate, reformed umar(II) law, zayd bin ali,

marwan (II)- last caliph, how caliphate seized

decline- conspiracy of abbasids,
old tribal rivalry b/w umayyads n banu hashim tribe...
immoral practices like bribes, murders , deceptions, secrecy, terror in the hearts of masses
umayyad appointed merciless governors eg: zeyad bin abi sufyan,
ruling in their blood but personal heridatory didnt work too well.

its just the basic point try to beat around the bush about it :D

if i missed something or u want extra info, plzz let me know :)
hope it helps :)

Reaction score
aminame1 : lol.. jazakallah sis.. how did ur exam go ?
Good alhamdulillah :)) U?
It wasn't that hard at all :) many of the questions were repeated. Tomorrow (24 hours from the exam) ill ask u what questions did u choose, and what would u write on one of the questions (if u didnt choose that one) :))

Reaction score
Good alhamdulillah :)) U?
It wasn't that hard at all :) many of the questions were repeated. Tomorrow (24 hours from the exam) ill ask u what questions did u choose, and what would u write on one of the questions (if u didnt choose that one) :))

paper 1. right ?