• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A-Level ICT - do the practical exams use Microsoft 2003 or 2007?

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what year are the programs they use on the exams? I've been practicing all this time on Microsoft Access and Excel 2007, and the textbook I'm learning refers to 2003 so it takes a while to find required buttons and functions in the more later version. So confusing! :cautious:

Please don't tell me they're using the latest ones, I have no experience with those whatsoever :confused:

Also, the only past practical papers I've been doing are the
PAPER 2's. I'm doing AS, so I figured paper 2 is my level, and paper 4 is A2. Please tell me I'm right and that I'm not expected to be able to handle paper 4's too! :eek:

Reaction score
Hi, i am not really sure too because i practiced it all with 2010!
It would be really great if someone clearifies this for us.

And yes for AS level its just paper 2 and paper 1 so no worry you were on the right track. Goodluck though :)

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what year are the programs they use on the exams? I've been practicing all this time on Microsoft Access and Excel 2007, and the textbook I'm learning refers to 2003 so it takes a while to find required buttons and functions in the more later version. So confusing! :cautious:

Please don't tell me they're using the latest ones, I have no experience with those whatsoever :confused:

Also, the only past practical papers I've been doing are the
PAPER 2's. I'm doing AS, so I figured paper 2 is my level, and paper 4 is A2. Please tell me I'm right and that I'm not expected to be able to handle paper 4's too! :eek:

No worries!
It all depends on your school computers', whether they have 2007 or later versions.. :)