• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level for DOW Medical ?

Reaction score
Sorry if this thread is in the wrong category.
I will be done with my O levels shortly and have to make a touch choice.I'll be studying Medical here in Pakistan but I want to do A levels, I've heard that its almost impossible to get in the college if I do A levels.
Is it true ? Even if my equivalence ends up being good ? I'm really good at Bio so I could prepare for the entry test even from the FSc book.
If I don't get into DOW Medical can I at least get into SMC ? Is there a huge difference between DOW and SMC although they are both controlled by DUHS ?

I know these are a lot of questions but I am confused.I don't want to do intermediate, if I am going to be doing something forcefully just because of the stupidity of our education boards then I will be least interested in it.

Reaction score
i would suggest not to! Go for inter if you want to go in DOW! But do A levels if you want to go to Aga Khan (which is the best)

Agha Khan fees is too much, about 7 lack per year.
but if I do A levels from BSS on 100% scholarship, that will save about 3.6lac which could come useful.

Reaction score
btw I think this thread will fit better in general university discussion, mod please move it there.

Reaction score
:(...im gonna appear for my a2 next moth..ill get my equivelance certificate appear fr the entry test n i hope i get in DOW,,or khi uni cz my course is biochem

Reaction score
Kinda Long But Hope It Will Be Helpful

I Was Going Through The Same Problem Last Year (On Completing My O Levels)
Asking Many People, they Said Go For Inter For DMC
But Many Of Them With Relatives In DMC, Assured Me You Can Get Into DOW With A levels (Even With Straight B's)
What Really matters Is The Entry Test
What I Have Heard Is the Weightage Is Somewhat like This:
10% O Level Result
30% Alevel Results
10% interview
50% Entry Test

But I Went For Inter Any Ways & Guess What, Doing O'levels, Adjusting Up With Inter Is Really Difficult (Their Methods, Crowd, Ratta etc)
I Left Inter After a Month (With a Loss Of Rs 33000 because of admission fee etc in inter college) To Continue With A levels
But I would recommand If you go to BSS on scholarship, take regular tutions (Yes im a beaconite, Jublee Campus)
Work hard (Its not as easy as O Levels), Score A's in Your AS (also to continue ur scholarship u need 3 A's in ur AS)
Now You have Good Weightage in O Levels & in A Levels. All you have To Do Is Ace your Entry test And YOU ARE IN !!

Reaction score
Kinda Long But Hope It Will Be Helpful

I Was Going Through The Same Problem Last Year (On Completing My O Levels)
Asking Many People, they Said Go For Inter For DMC
But Many Of Them With Relatives In DMC, Assured Me You Can Get Into DOW With A levels (Even With Straight B's)
What Really matters Is The Entry Test
What I Have Heard Is the Weightage Is Somewhat like This:
10% O Level Result
30% Alevel Results
10% interview
50% Entry Test

But I Went For Inter Any Ways & Guess What, Doing O'levels, Adjusting Up With Inter Is Really Difficult (Their Methods, Crowd, Ratta etc)
I Left Inter After a Month (With a Loss Of Rs 33000 because of admission fee etc in inter college) To Continue With A levels
But I would recommand If you go to BSS on scholarship, take regular tutions (Yes im a beaconite, Jublee Campus)
Work hard (Its not as easy as O Levels), Score A's in Your AS (also to continue ur scholarship u need 3 A's in ur AS)
Now You have Good Weightage in O Levels & in A Levels. All you have To Do Is Ace your Entry test And YOU ARE IN !!

DUDE I'M IN JUBILEE TOO.
and you're post was very helpful, I've already made my mind up to do A levels, all that I need to decide now is which institution.

Reaction score
Your Name ??

And I Would Recommend Stay In beaconhouse if you get 100% or 75% scholarship but take regular tutions

and if you dont manage to get 100% or 75% , go for lyceum, it is undoubtfully the best

Reaction score
Your Name ??

And I Would Recommend Stay In beaconhouse if you get 100% or 75% scholarship but take regular tutions

and if you dont manage to get 100% or 75% , go for lyceum, it is undoubtfully the best

Mushahid, XI-D.

Reaction score
Sorry if this thread is in the wrong category.
I will be done with my O levels shortly and have to make a touch choice.I'll be studying Medical here in Pakistan but I want to do A levels, I've heard that its almost impossible to get in the college if I do A levels.
Is it true ? Even if my equivalence ends up being good ? I'm really good at Bio so I could prepare for the entry test even from the FSc book.
If I don't get into DOW Medical can I at least get into SMC ? Is there a huge difference between DOW and SMC although they are both controlled by DUHS ?

I know these are a lot of questions but I am confused.I don't want to do intermediate, if I am going to be doing something forcefully just because of the stupidity of our education boards then I will be least interested in it.

it is very hard to get in DOW

Reaction score
can anyone please tell me about the equivalence marks cutting? i've opted for a levels but still in doubt.. please help :oops:

Reaction score
Bro this is totally wrong concept that if you want to do medical or engineering from pakistan you should have fsc? This is lame, my sister did her O levels and scored 7A's and in A Levels she scored 1A and 2B's and now Allahamdulillah she is in MBBS Class of 2014 Aga Khan University Karachi. Same was problem with my brother as our relatives advised my brother to not to give A levels and do fsc but my brother did his A Levels from city school and scored 2B and 1C and did mechanical engineering in Nust and now he is doing masters in Mechanical Engineering from University of Newyork USA. Let me tell you never loose your hope's do as you want, and i would advice you to do A levels instead of Fsc. Anyways best of luck.