• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Hello.. I have been having some problems with biology. It's about transcription, translation and protein synthesis. I have been reading many books, watching videos, etc.. but I still couldn't understand it at all. Can someone please explain it to me?? I really need to submit a presentation about these by Thursday..Please... Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
yeah that's a heck of a topic. anyway u didn't got from anywhere so how will u get from me? but its worth a try i guess. these r 3 attachments covering transcription nd translation.
try Wikipedia as well.

Attachments

• transcription.JPG
    transcription.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 208
  • trans 1.JPG
    trans 1.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 201
  • trans 2.JPG
    trans 2.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 193
Reaction score
rviboy said:
yeah that's a heck of a topic. anyway u didn't got from anywhere so how will u get from me? but its worth a try i guess. these r 3 attachments covering transcription nd translation.
try Wikipedia as well.

Thanks a lot.. The language was easier to understand and I'm starting to get the concept.. Btw, one more question.. is transcription and translation=protein synthesis??

Reaction score
welcome. glad it helped u. yes! together they contribute in protein synthesis!

Reaction score
^even widths means same size of each width throughout i guess

the bars should be labelled with the quantity nd its unit clearly

the 3rd u underlined i can't read it..text missing but is is saying denote the letters used for those quantities at the right place of bars.....
hope i didn't helped :D

Reaction score
rviboy said:
^even widths means same size of each width throughout i guess

the bars should be labelled with the quantity nd its unit clearly

the 3rd u underlined i can't read it..text missing but is is saying denote the letters used for those quantities at the right place of bars.....
hope i didn't helped :D

well i know them..!! i mean.we need to make a even width..thats okay..!! but..the thing, the scale...like..ms mentioned...reject awkward scale..!! well...what types of scale are defined as awkward..they said....25 to 40 for 2.. they said awkward scale for this.....and...there was a scale similar to this kind..like...5 to 2mm..!! so little confused..!!

Reaction score
yeah don't use awkward scales. should cover the whole range of data and should have reasonable intervals in it. like 20 small squares representing 2 cm is ok...pardon

Reaction score
Explain the highlighted points for the question..!!

Attachments

• Photosynthesis.PNG
    Photosynthesis.PNG
    53.9 KB · Views: 156
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    92.6 KB · Views: 154
Reaction score
can someone pls give a summary of immunity. im sitting for p2 on friday and im soo blank
thanx in advance

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum..

well is there anybody to answer our questions.... :(

Everyone's coming up with questions...but there's no one to answer! :cry:

Reaction score
hassam said:
cn somebody explain me how synapse are involved with memory
here is what i found in a book:
synapses are involved in memory and learning.despite much research, little is yet known about how memory operates. however, there is much evidence that it involves synapses. For example, if your brain frequently receive information about two things at same time, say a sound of a particular voice and a site of particular face, then it is thought that new synapses form in your brain that links the neurones involved in the passing of information along the particular pathways from your ears and eyes. In future, when you hear the voice, information flowing from your ears along this pathway automatically flows into the other pathway too, so that your brain pictures the face which goes with the voice.
hope that helps!!

Reaction score
Macrophages only cut the pathogens up to display antigens or they also engulf pathogens by phagocytosis?

Reaction score
Q) Explain how vaccination can control disease?
---> Vaccine contains the micro organisms living or dead..when vaccines are injected, it gets into the body and body immune system recognize it as a foreign body.....the specific B and t Cells divide mitotically to form a clone.......which produces many antibodies.....and memory cells....!! antibodies find the pathogens and invade them..whereas memory cells make the body safe from the attack of pathogen the next time later...!!

Well..is this answer ok to this question...if the question was for 3 marks?