• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Books were available at gceguide.com a few days back...does any one know that why are they removed??
I think they were receiving copyright claims frequently,

Anyhow, to access them, u simply go to the wayback machine site (this site will show u an older version of any site) and access the books at a time before they were removed
Thank me later, the captain has to fly :)

Reaction score
could somebody please tell me why amp hydrolysis releases less energy than hyrolysis of atp or adp, with reference to bonds?

Reaction score
could somebody please tell me why amp hydrolysis releases less energy than hyrolysis of atp or adp, with reference to bonds?
because in amp the phosphate is bonded to adenosine,the bond is stable and it isnt a high energy bond while in adp and atp, phosphate is bonded to the phosphate next to it,this bond is less stable and it is considered a high-energy bond. Hence energy released from atp and adp is the same but amp's one is lesser.

Reaction score
YES PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
i cant find it anywhere on the internet

Here is the solution

I think they were receiving copyright claims frequently,

Anyhow, to access them, u simply go to the wayback machine site (this site will show u an older version of any site) and access the books at a time before they were removed
Thank me later, the captain has to fly :)

Reaction score
because in amp the phosphate is bonded to adenosine,the bond is stable and it isnt a high energy bond while in adp and atp, phosphate is bonded to the phosphate next to it,this bond is less stable and it is considered a high-energy bond. Hence energy released from atp and adp is the same but amp's one is lesser.
thank you so much but i am a little confused. how can we call a bond stable and high energy at the same time?

Reaction score
Hey.. can anyone help with A2 biology p5? whats the pattern and how to solve it? and what exactly do we need to study for p5?

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I found some examinations questions' responses on biologyref.blogspot.com It contains few questions but the answers are easy to understand. Have a look at it.