• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
No news on Bio 34? My teacher sent me "9700_s09_qp_31 (question 1)" and "9700_s14_qp_33 (Question 2)" and said the exam is gonna come very similar to these two questions......But I wanna make sure by seeing a prediction paper or a guess paper or something...Please, if anyone gets anything, don't hesitate to send here. (i want to guarantee Bio as I fucked up maths already) and thank you.

Reaction score
No news on Bio 34? My teacher sent me "9700_s09_qp_31 (question 1)" and "9700_s14_qp_33 (Question 2)" and said the exam is gonna come very similar to these two questions......But I wanna make sure by seeing a prediction paper or a guess paper or something...Please, if anyone gets anything, don't hesitate to send here. (i want to guarantee Bio as I fucked up maths already) and thank you.

Your teacher giving you the hint is already big enough or a prediction for questions by itself.I suggest you do read both of them throughly and you'll be just fine :)

Reaction score
Between I suggest you go throughly through both of these videos.Best videos to understand topic that is 90% expected to come.

Check difference btw histogram and barchart and how to draw each of them in detail!.
Also check feb march 2018 papers because thee new type of microscope questions are really hard!.

Also make sure you do know how to perform benedicttest for both reducing and non reducing, emulsion test,iodine test,semi quantitative test,protein test by heart,even though you might be given the steps.

And also try to learn 3 improvements and 1 error as well for these test!!!.

Good luck

Reaction score
i think its based on yeast slides this time i guess

Reaction score
How can you tell that they are more turgid if only the leaf shape is shown ?
Look first see which options are incorrect.
They are cell of same xerophytic plant right?.
So now 4th option is water potentiol is 0 in cell Q which is not possible because it's shape is diffeen and flattened.
that leaves option A and B.
Cells cannot be LESS TURGID when they are PLAMOLYSED. Get it?. :)
And you can sort of confirm it from the shape as well.
Thus option B

Reaction score
How can you tell that they are more turgid if only the leaf shape is shown ?
The shape actually tells us about them being turgid or plasmolysed...consider a wilted leaf. That is plasmolysed and we can observe that it has a bent type of shape. On the other hand if we have a turgid leaf, it would have an inflated shape

Attachments

• IMG_20180526_214457.JPG
    IMG_20180526_214457.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
The shape actually tells us about them being turgid or plasmolysed...consider a wilted leaf. That is plasmolysed and we can observe that it has a bent type of shape. On the other hand if we have a turgid leaf, it would have an inflated shape
It cannot be less turgid when it is already plasmolysed is the hint I guess

Reaction score
I have posted them in my forum
As level Biology paper 1 Help!!! In help idea and suggestions.Pls check them :D

Reaction score
Thank you