• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
u
It was 3 marks right?
Probably 1 mark, as long as you mentioned water has a high latent heat of vaporisation and another property.
unfortunately i think i haven't understood the question too well...so no i haven't wrote that point but i wrote about osmosis and other stuff to try and increase my chances of meeting valid answers in the MS.

Reaction score
My answer was that the thing prevented the translation from happening....guys it said it was on the start codon so how can translation happen if the start codon isnt available?
I wrote that the small molecule had a STOP codon so the polypeptide is not synthesised as the STOP codon is encountered before the START codon...is it right?

Reaction score
i forgot to mention about memory cells but mentioned about the specificity of antibodies to antigens. How much marks will i lose?!

Reaction score
there was also a question about the features of channel protien
what did u write in the question

Reaction score
there was also a question about the features of channel protien
what did u write in the question
I wrote about amino acids with hydrophobic R groups facing the hydrophobic fatty acid chains so they can interact for stability and the lining of the inside with hydrophilic R groups to allow the entry and interaction with polar molecules

Reaction score
it a
I wrote about amino acids with hydrophobic R groups facing the hydrophobic fatty acid chains so they can interact for stability and the lining of the inside with hydrophilic R groups to allow the entry and interaction with polar molecules
lt also mentioned about the total number of polypeptide chain it contains. Is it necessary to tell about quatenary structure

Reaction score
it a

lt also mentioned about the total number of polypeptide chain it contains. Is it necessary to tell about quatenary structure
I don't know whether mentioning about the quaternary structure was mandatory or not...but I think that the question was to state and explain so the answer which I told u would be sufficient for 4 marks...what do u say?