• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
what did to guys write about the respiratory system
Trachea- C shaped windpipe with cartillage
Bronchus-Structures with smooth muscles and some cartillage
Bronchiole-Does not contain cartillage and smooth muscle
Alveoli- Greater surface area for gaseous exchange, contains elastic fibres and collagen. Elastic fibres stretch to allow greater diffusion of gases

Reaction score
For the question about Nicotine and when a person stops smoking what are the effects on the CV system - is decrease in Heart rate and decrease in blood pressure right?

Reaction score
Also higher breathing rate and greater partial pressure of oxygen required for the same percentage haemoglobin saturation of the person who smoked joints.

Reaction score
What did u guys put for the properties of H2O that allow for apoplastic movement?
Water molecules attraced to each other
-cohestion between water molecules
-Adhesion to the cellulose cell wall
-For intercellular air spaces high latent heat of vapourisation

Reaction score
What did you write for that Mico mRNA thing?? They mentioned start codon as well within the question.

Reaction score
i
For question 1 what 2 additional structures did u guys put?
wrote RER and Ribosomes but one of my friends said that i had to write 80S ribosomes because prokaryotes also have ribosomes so am not sure about that.....and btw plant cells have golgi apparatus?

Reaction score
and guys....out of stress i missed up between adhesion and cohesion like i explained cohesion as if it was adhesion and explained adhesion as if it was cohesion.....how many marks will i lose :'(

Reaction score
and guys....out of stress i missed up between adhesion and cohesion like i explained cohesion as if it was adhesion and explained adhesion as if it was cohesion.....how many marks will i lose :'(
It was 3 marks right?
Probably 1 mark, as long as you mentioned water has a high latent heat of vaporisation and another property.

Reaction score
Translation does not occur as START codon is not initiated.
Proteins are not made .

But i'm not sure
Isn't it that protein is made but the protein produced is different from the one that carries normal activity hence mechanism initiated. But I'm not quite sure of my answer either.