• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
yes it does not finish as the absorption goes to plateau above the zero value
I think you didn't understand what I'm trying to say. The thing is DCPIP becomes colourless but in the presence of chlorophyll shouldn't it remain green? As a result, the absorption will be at a higher level than zero. Also, the plateau reaches constant value of 0.6 au (I think) at 7.9 (or earlier) right?

Reaction score
I think you didn't understand what I'm trying to say. The thing is DCPIP becomes colourless but in the presence of chlorophyll shouldn't it remain green? As a result, the absorption will be at a higher level than zero. Also, the plateau reaches constant value of 0.6 au (I think) at 7.9 (or earlier) right?
yes i understood and i wrote something to that affect.

Reaction score
guys who did p22.....what was the order of the numbers? was it 3-4-5? and was cell 1 in telophase or was it anaphase?

Reaction score
The whole exam was kinda weird, with so many suggest questions, it was quite tricky
it wasn't bad man...honestly i havent spent too much time studying bio and i expected to write utter shit in the exam (excuse my words) but it turned out really well (ofc some mistakes here and there) but hopefully the Marking Scheme is in our favor (same with the threshold and paper 1)

Reaction score
what i wrote is it is a carbohydate macromolecule made up of amonomers knows as monosaccharide
BUT YOU had to refer to glyosidic bonds and thingy
Not necessary for glycosidic bonds, it was for only 2 marks
I wrote about it being formed by condensation reaction by the liniking of monosachrides with the removal of water molecule