• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Respiration doubt
The hydrolysis of one ATP molecule release a small packet of energy that is the right size to supply energy for a particular step in a process. If a glucose molecule is used instead, much energy would be wasted. I really don't get it

Reaction score
Does anyone have notes on The nervous system A2.?
I'm very confused in this topic,help will be appreciated a lot
Thankssssss

Reaction score
Biology A2 paper 5 is really hard... I don't know from where should i study for it.. can an one help me..?

Reaction score

Water potential of potato strip would be where the line intersects the x-axis. i.e the point where no loss or gain in length occurs. In this question, it cuts between -500 and -1000, so we can narrow it down to B. -525 kPa and C. -875 kPa. My guess would be that it is C. since it cuts closer to -1000 kPa than -500 KPa. Which year is this?

Reaction score
Water potential of potato strip would be where the line intersects the x-axis. i.e the point where no loss or gain in length occurs. In this question, it cuts between -500 and -1000, so we can narrow it down to B. -525 kPa and C. -875 kPa. My guess would be that it is C. since it cuts closer to -1000 kPa than -500 KPa. Which year is this?
Your ans is abslutly corect its C thnks a lot :)
can u ans the pic abov aswel¿

Reaction score
Your ans is abslutly corect its C thnks a lot :)
can u ans the pic abov aswel¿
Hi, the reason I never answered that question - I wasn't really sure about it :)...but for what's worth I think the answer might be B. Well?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm really struggling with the whole DNA translation and transcription thing (protein synthesis). I'm giving my As this may... And I have my mocks in a couple of weeks. I'm really freaking out! Do you know some website/book/notes I can refer to? Or can someone explain this to me in a simple form?

*in distress* :(:(:(:(

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm really struggling with the whole DNA translation and transcription thing (protein synthesis). I'm giving my As this may... And I have my mocks in a couple of weeks. I'm really freaking out! Do you know some website/book/notes I can refer to? Or can someone explain this to me in a simple form?

mary jones cie As and A level ...topical pastpapers of biology

Reaction score
What occurs in the sieve tube elements of a photosynthesising leaf and an actively growing root?
sieve tube elements in leaf sieve tube elements in root
A water potential decreases sugars are moved in
B water potential decreases sugars are moved out
C water potential increases sugars are moved in
D water potential increases sugars are moved out
Y B? help SOMEBODY??? explain

Reaction score
Can someone give me the reason for energy loss between consumers and decomposers?
Oh bro!
Energy is lost each and every second like in respiration, breathing, movement, metabolic activities and much much more.
At each tropic level 90% energy is lost and 10% is left behind so the living organism at top of pyramid will have least energy
I hope you go it :D

Reaction score
What occurs in the sieve tube elements of a photosynthesising leaf and an actively growing root?
sieve tube elements in leaf sieve tube elements in root
A water potential decreases sugars are moved in
B water potential decreases sugars are moved out
C water potential increases sugars are moved in
D water potential increases sugars are moved out
Y B? help SOMEBODY??? explain
Expand your ques... I am not getting what you wanna ask.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

http://www.biologyguide.net/cells/genes.htm
Try this.
If you still not get than quote this message :)

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Did you understand it yet, or should I explain??

Reaction score
Well, I have been spending all day looking for ActiveTeach resource or Implementation and assessment guide for teachers and technicians

If you have student/teacher/techincian preparation sheets for 9 core practicals, please share them here or e-mail me (I will PM you for the address).

Any valuable notes for Unit 3 WBI03 are also appreciated.

Thanks in advance !!