1. The papers section has been updated with the latest CIE May/June 2015 resources for most of the subjects.

Click here for more information or to discuss
    Dismiss Notice

A complete guide to getting your Equivalence certificate

Discussion in 'General University Discussion' started by linkinpark, Sep 12, 2014.

1. kungfuPanda

kungfuPanda

Thanks bro :p
    But what i dont understand if like we have two results of AS and A2 which one do we need to show IBCC?
    btw Isn't it unfair I did get a fair look at the Grade to Number conversion of A levels to standard Pakistan system,I wasn't happy at all I think A levels is very hard as compared to FSC -_-

2. XPC Bot

Sponsored Listings
  3. Hassan (SHT)

Hassan (SHT)

Linkin Park ~ I donot know about lahore but here in Karachi universities like Bahria, Habib or some other expensive universities don't ask for equivalency, this why i am a little bit concerned because the university in which i am planning to go ask for equivalency issued from ibcc

4. linkinpark

linkinpark

Yes because some universities take your O/A level grades in direct consideration without needing the EC. There are some universities in Lahore that don't ask for EC but majority of uni ask for it.
    Yes then you'll need to get the equivalence then. I have check IBCC's website and nowhere is any condition mentioned for private student. I think you'll fill it and just mention private in the institution part. I am still trying to get info for you and have contacted various friends but none of them knows any private. I'd let you know when someone tells me.

5. linkinpark

linkinpark

Welcome. :p
    Yes both AS+A2 otherwise you don't get your equivalence because they need to be sure that you did complete A level.
    Yes it's quite unfair but we can't do anything. Even if you score like 8A* in O level and 3A* in A level you still lose 80+30=110 marks from your equivalence. :/

kungfuPanda likes this.
  6. kungfuPanda

kungfuPanda

Haha Perks of Being Pakistani :p

linkinpark likes this.
  7. linkinpark

linkinpark

Yep! Can't disagree with that. :p

kungfuPanda likes this.
  8. Hassan Tanveer

Hassan Tanveer

Please help!

In the part "Particulars of the Institution", Do I write my schools info or Cambridge's?

9. linkinpark

linkinpark

Hello Hassan! Please see the attached form at the bottom of original post. I have filled out a sample IBCC form in that.
    You write about Cambridge in third and fourth fields. Refer to the form.pdf attachment in the original post.