• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A complete guide to getting your Equivalence certificate

Reaction score
Yes, Po :p that is not true because private students do study in universities that require EC. I'll try to get some information, though.

Well we get our Provisional Results on the result day. Since you're a private student, you'd get your Statement online and you'd print it out. If you give AS and A2 separately then you get separate provisional and separate certificates. If you give A level in one sitting then only 1 statement and 1 certificate. I wrote A level in one sitting so I know.
Thanks bro :p
But what i dont understand if like we have two results of AS and A2 which one do we need to show IBCC?
btw Isn't it unfair I did get a fair look at the Grade to Number conversion of A levels to standard Pakistan system,I wasn't happy at all I think A levels is very hard as compared to FSC -_-

Reaction score
That's not possible, Hassan because without EC, private students won't be able to get admission in any university. I hope a private candidate can help you since I don't know any.
Linkin Park ~ I donot know about lahore but here in Karachi universities like Bahria, Habib or some other expensive universities don't ask for equivalency, this why i am a little bit concerned because the university in which i am planning to go ask for equivalency issued from ibcc

Reaction score
Linkin Park ~ I donot know about lahore but here in Karachi universities like Bahria, Habib or some other expensive universities don't ask for equivalency, this why i am a little bit concerned because the university in which i am planning to go ask for equivalency issued from ibcc
Yes because some universities take your O/A level grades in direct consideration without needing the EC. There are some universities in Lahore that don't ask for EC but majority of uni ask for it.
Yes then you'll need to get the equivalence then. I have check IBCC's website and nowhere is any condition mentioned for private student. I think you'll fill it and just mention private in the institution part. I am still trying to get info for you and have contacted various friends but none of them knows any private. I'd let you know when someone tells me.

Reaction score
Thanks bro :p
But what i dont understand if like we have two results of AS and A2 which one do we need to show IBCC?
btw Isn't it unfair I did get a fair look at the Grade to Number conversion of A levels to standard Pakistan system,I wasn't happy at all I think A levels is very hard as compared to FSC -_-
Welcome. :p
Yes both AS+A2 otherwise you don't get your equivalence because they need to be sure that you did complete A level.
Yes it's quite unfair but we can't do anything. Even if you score like 8A* in O level and 3A* in A level you still lose 80+30=110 marks from your equivalence. :/

Reaction score
Welcome. :p
Yes both AS+A2 otherwise you don't get your equivalence because they need to be sure that you did complete A level.
Yes it's quite unfair but we can't do anything. Even if you score like 8A* in O level and 3A* in A level you still lose 80+30=110 marks from your equivalence. :/
Haha Perks of Being Pakistani :p

Reaction score
Please help!

In the part "Particulars of the Institution", Do I write my schools info or Cambridge's?

Reaction score
Please help!

In the part "Particulars of the Institution", Do I write my schools info or Cambridge's?
Hello Hassan! Please see the attached form at the bottom of original post. I have filled out a sample IBCC form in that.
You write about Cambridge in third and fourth fields. Refer to the form.pdf attachment in the original post.

Reaction score
I am a non Muslim who has completed his O level with 8 subjects and now doing A levels. My question is regarding Islamiyat since I have not given it in O level, What other alternatives do i have to be eligible for an equivalency regarding this subject? I was thinking of giving Religious Studies in M/J 2017 bu the thing is that the dates are clashing with my important ALevel subjects.

My main question is that can I give Ethics exam of the Matric board and be eligble for equivalency with 8 O level subjects and 1 matric subject (if I give ethics)???

Reply asap

Reaction score
I am a non Muslim who has completed his O level with 8 subjects and now doing A levels. My question is regarding Islamiyat since I have not given it in O level, What other alternatives do i have to be eligible for an equivalency regarding this subject? I was thinking of giving Religious Studies in M/J 2017 bu the thing is that the dates are clashing with my important ALevel subjects.

My main question is that can I give Ethics exam of the Matric board and be eligble for equivalency with 8 O level subjects and 1 matric subject (if I give ethics)???

Reply asap
my personal suggestion would that you should visit Inter board of committee chairman (IBCC) and discuss your matter over there before opting any subject

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm about to give me As papers I have the subjects Physics, chemistry(plan on dropping it and opting for computer science) and maths. I want to apply for indus Valley school of arts because I plan on doing textile and design there basic Eligibility (minimum requirement for percentage) is 50% of inter. And I want to know what should my minimum grades of Alevels should be?

Reaction score
Hi! I sure hope this thread isn't abandoned...
I wanted to ask if marks will still be deducted from my grade equivalence if I write Pakistan studies, Islamiyat and Second Language Urdu papers? I wrote my IGCSEs and AS Level exams from Qatar and will be writing my A2 Level exams this year in the May/June session as a private candidate in Pakistan.
For what reason are marks deducted anyway? For being an overseas student, or for writing exams from a foreign board?
And if I write Second Language Urdu papers instead of First Language Urdu, will marks be deducted due to this, or what will be the difference, if any?

Reaction score
And can I also get a reply from anyone here who is appearing (or did) as a private candidate who wrote the exams of Physics/Chemistry/Biology? What did you do about the practical course of these subjects? I'm writing the alternative to practical exam paper (like everyone does) but I'm not so sure if I will get marks reserved for the practicals that are carried out in school in the presence of a teacher and you're allowed to use your books. These marks are just for completing certain practicals suggested by the exam board. Did you face any problems in this case or was it all dandy?
Do let me know!

Reaction score
Hi! I sure hope this thread isn't abandoned...
I wanted to ask if marks will still be deducted from my grade equivalence if I write Pakistan studies, Islamiyat and Second Language Urdu papers? I wrote my IGCSEs and AS Level exams from Qatar and will be writing my A2 Level exams this year in the May/June session as a private candidate in Pakistan.
For what reason are marks deducted anyway? For being an overseas student, or for writing exams from a foreign board?
And if I write Second Language Urdu papers instead of First Language Urdu, will marks be deducted due to this, or what will be the difference, if any?
Well it's not. :p
Yes, your marks would be deducted irrespective of the type of student you are i.e. private or schooled.
A*= 90, A=85, B=75, C=65 and so on.
Yes the latter reason, for writing exams from a foreign board. The issue has been debated for a very long time now and I think removal of this deduction policy is under consideration.
No effect at all whether you write first language or second language Urdu. You'll just lose marks anyways.

Reaction score
And can I also get a reply from anyone here who is appearing (or did) as a private candidate who wrote the exams of Physics/Chemistry/Biology? What did you do about the practical course of these subjects? I'm writing the alternative to practical exam paper (like everyone does) but I'm not so sure if I will get marks reserved for the practicals that are carried out in school in the presence of a teacher and you're allowed to use your books. These marks are just for completing certain practicals suggested by the exam board. Did you face any problems in this case or was it all dandy?
Do let me know!
I am not sure about this so can't help you regarding it. I think techgeek might be able to help you on this matter.
All I know is that there are private labs, academies or even schools that let you take the practical exam as a private candidate and obviously there's a cost attached to it. You can't be exempted from the P3 even as a private student otherwise you'll end up losing almost 15% marks (as far as I remember)

Reaction score
I am not sure about this so can't help you regarding it. I think techgeek might be able to help you on this matter.
All I know is that there are private labs, academies or even schools that let you take the practical exam as a private candidate and obviously there's a cost attached to it. You can't be exempted from the P3 even as a private student otherwise you'll end up losing almost 15% marks (as far as I remember)
Do let me know!
If you are writing Edexcel exams, there are alternate to practicals there instead of practicals but I've no idea about their assessment because I'm doing Cambridge, so don't know whether you can pass them without doing actual practical work.
I'm taking private Cambridge exams and I do have practicals but I'm an exceptional case here because I have a home science lab. And I won't recommend you to appear for practical exams without doing actual work because there's no as such restriction for private candidates to take practical exams, but the preparation is solely your own responsibility and it's very much stressed by CIE that you do actual practical work. But I've known students taking them without practicing beforehand because the techniques are very basic (like two questions in practical paper are always reserved for analysis of cations and anions and on titration) so maybe if you can just join a private lab for a short time or a school maybe so you can at least perform once or twice or even when you have just seen all the equipment, it's easy for you to perform.

Reaction score
Hi!!
I hope this thread still exists....

Wanted to ask about the equivalence certificate

Reaction score
Yes it does, please ask away. :)
So I am really tensed. I have my IGCSE equivalence made with 5 subjects as I did it from abroad n my percentage was 67% which is a 603 out of 900. Now I need to get one for my A levels as well but I made the biggest mistake of my life by entering a school that's basically shit and has teachers with no degrees. I did 4 subjects at A levels and just to know I have U's in all. I am really tensed. What will my total equivalence be for HSSc according to the Pakistani system. I cleared tests in 2 unis n now m officially accepted in 1 n the other I have to give an interview. But after this horrible results, I don't even know what's going to happen. Never in my life have I ever got anything below a C and this was edexcl where E is a pass and I didn't even get 1 principal pass. I am totally heartbroken. Please help me out on this and let me know what my overall equivalence percentage will be. I am even scared that they might not even consider my alevels as it is all Us. So could u please just help me out on that.