• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

9709 MATHS MARCH 2018 PAPERS OUT !

Reaction score
s18 qp12 was really easy, just one tricky question which was related to set of values, i think it was q4(ii). It asked about giving values of k for which F(x)=k has no solutions. K was a constant while f(x)= 4cox-7

Reaction score
The thing was that people would think about using b^2-4ac <0 on that question, but that cannot be applied since there is no a, so the whole equation becomes 0. U had to think about the max and minimum values of a cosx graph and use that concept to replace x with -1 and +1 and find the relevant set of values of k. The set of values were 3>k>11. I think that was the answer, this is all from my recent memory so some part could be incorrect here, but the answer I wrote in my paper was surely correct since I cross-examined it with my mates

Reaction score
does anyone have the marking scheme for the feb march 2018 mechanics paper. PLEAAAAASE LET ME KNOW

Reaction score
s18 qp12 was really easy, just one tricky question which was related to set of values, i think it was q4(ii). It asked about giving values of k for which F(x)=k has no solutions. K was a constant while f(x)= 4cox-7
It wasn't that easy. Also, it was really lengthy, some people didn't even get to finish the exam fully.

Reaction score
Well people should've tried to time themselves and practice papers, because p1's are meant to be this long.

Reaction score
These were the only march papers that could released. The rest will be officially released by CIE around the 18th of May