• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

*~*~♦ тнᴇ αят ᴏƒ ɢяᴏᴏмɪɴɢ уᴏυя ѕᴏυʟѕ ♦~*~*

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Whenever you have the presence of mind to sincerely thank your Creator for everything you've been blessed with, make sure you remember your parents too.
You should always be thanking your parents for making it all worth it, and thanking your children for making it all necessary, but thanking Allah - first - for making it all happen.
This was the habit of Sulayman ('alayhis-salam), even at what would seem the most random times. On one occasion he was conducting a general inspection. Of his subjects. And observed a miracle. From an ant. That had nothing seemingly to do with him or his family. But he still said:
"My Lord, inspire me to be thankful for the blessings You have granted me and my parents..." (27:19)
The relationship between the Prophets Dawud and Sulayman ('alayhima al-salam) is incredible. Not only is it the quintessential father-son hook up but the fact that both were prophets and not just that but *kings* as well, makes it a unique one to study.
-Sh. Abu Esa

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
I loved this piece of reflection by sh. Abu Esa:

You know how some folks hate on "Ramadan Muslims"? Have a little think about this:

When the people of da'wah want to try and help those Muslims who are on the edge, those who are trying to find themselves again but struggling badly because of either their company or their upbringing or other circumstances, the number one thing we always call them to is Salah.

The prayer has incredible power, it really does. In fact it's so powerful that even if you don't have a scooby-doo what you're actually saying all the way through - like probably 90% of us - it still leaves a tremendous impact and spiritual boost. The sajdah especially. It can break even the hardest heart.

As I like to say, as long as someone holds on to the prayer even irregularly, then they're still in the game. They've always got a chance of turning it round *whatever* they get up to outside it.

Tarawih is an interesting subject. On the one hand, the Muslim community kind of polices itself with this insane pressure that you *must* attend these voluntary prayers as if it was more important than Fajr itself. On the other hand, if I was advising some folks new to the Deen and their local Mosques were doing that kind of absurd speed-reading exercise over 20 rakats that happens at 100mph in so many desi Mosques, I might even be reluctant to expose those folks to that in case they get turned off from the prayer itself. I know I did when I was younger.

But the prayer wins in the end. Any exposure to it is better than no exposure to it. Any minutes they join us for in the Masjid are better than the minutes outside. All my pain from my younger years is still trumped by the buzz of feeling like I achieved something, and that I knew that I belonged when my face was on the floor to my Lord.

I might have been jahil, but I least I was a jahil slave.

These guys especially on the weekends could be going to another place of worship instead of Allah's Houses. Clubs and pubs have an incredible attraction and it's not easy fighting that off to come to a prayer that you find it difficult to connect with. The last thing they need is for practising Muslims inside to make them feel even more unwelcome.

And yes if we can make actual material changes to the Tarawih themselves too especially in these late nights and Summer missions then that's even better. The kind of Tarawih prayers we pray these days aren't even for practising people anyway, they should be for the masses! You religious guys should be doing hours of Tahajjud at home! This communal stuff should be easy going to get bigger crowds in, it's not so much for the converted. So ask your Masjid admins to consider just a few pages instead of a whole juz', and slower, nicer recitation as opposed to Busta Rhymes on Crack, and less rakats even (OMG!) with a longer Sajdah for them to connect in. I know you'll get killed for asking but hey, martyrdom in Ramadhan is a good thing no?

Cut your brothers and sisters some slack. If they've made it to the Masjid, they've come a long way. And to go further, they'll need you to accompany them not just in person but in spirit as well.

Reaction score
I loved this piece of reflection by sh. Abu Esa:

You know how some folks hate on "Ramadan Muslims"? Have a little think about this:

When the people of da'wah want to try and help those Muslims who are on the edge, those who are trying to find themselves again but struggling badly because of either their company or their upbringing or other circumstances, the number one thing we always call them to is Salah.

The prayer has incredible power, it really does. In fact it's so powerful that even if you don't have a scooby-doo what you're actually saying all the way through - like probably 90% of us - it still leaves a tremendous impact and spiritual boost. The sajdah especially. It can break even the hardest heart.

As I like to say, as long as someone holds on to the prayer even irregularly, then they're still in the game. They've always got a chance of turning it round *whatever* they get up to outside it.

Tarawih is an interesting subject. On the one hand, the Muslim community kind of polices itself with this insane pressure that you *must* attend these voluntary prayers as if it was more important than Fajr itself. On the other hand, if I was advising some folks new to the Deen and their local Mosques were doing that kind of absurd speed-reading exercise over 20 rakats that happens at 100mph in so many desi Mosques, I might even be reluctant to expose those folks to that in case they get turned off from the prayer itself. I know I did when I was younger.

But the prayer wins in the end. Any exposure to it is better than no exposure to it. Any minutes they join us for in the Masjid are better than the minutes outside. All my pain from my younger years is still trumped by the buzz of feeling like I achieved something, and that I knew that I belonged when my face was on the floor to my Lord.

I might have been jahil, but I least I was a jahil slave.

These guys especially on the weekends could be going to another place of worship instead of Allah's Houses. Clubs and pubs have an incredible attraction and it's not easy fighting that off to come to a prayer that you find it difficult to connect with. The last thing they need is for practising Muslims inside to make them feel even more unwelcome.

And yes if we can make actual material changes to the Tarawih themselves too especially in these late nights and Summer missions then that's even better. The kind of Tarawih prayers we pray these days aren't even for practising people anyway, they should be for the masses! You religious guys should be doing hours of Tahajjud at home! This communal stuff should be easy going to get bigger crowds in, it's not so much for the converted. So ask your Masjid admins to consider just a few pages instead of a whole juz', and slower, nicer recitation as opposed to Busta Rhymes on Crack, and less rakats even (OMG!) with a longer Sajdah for them to connect in. I know you'll get killed for asking but hey, martyrdom in Ramadhan is a good thing no?

Cut your brothers and sisters some slack. If they've made it to the Masjid, they've come a long way. And to go further, they'll need you to accompany them not just in person but in spirit as well.
I love his way with words... :D
His most recent post on the music issue was also so super spot on!!!

Reaction score
A lovely series to watch for the month of Ramadan Part 1

I have always found that telling the last signs of the Day of Judgement brings us back on the right path.

Minor Signs

Major Signs

Battle of Al Mahdi

State of the world

Story of Saf Ibn Sayyad

Last edited:
Reaction score
me too.. n the funny puns he embeds in them :p masha'Allah
IKR.. i loved it as well.. didnt share it here coz wasnt in mood to start a debate :p
Yes yes.... that's exactly what I too love about his posts!!! :p
Me too... I was very tempted to but I remembered the pages long debate we had earlier here...

Reaction score
13567490_1124052817618230_4420756583900300128_n.jpg

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
EID MUBARAK!

Taqabal Allahu Minna Wa Minkum

Don't give Shaytan a "welcome back" party!!

Keep in mind that EID is not a day to disobey Allah (SWT) but rather a day to thank HIM for giving us chance to express our happiness and his blessing over us. "Breaking Allah's rules" isn't the only definition of fun. Don’t spoil your reward by doing sinful acts on this precious occasion.Keep your fun on Eid halal folks!

Don’t forget to pray for those who are facing serious hardships throughout the world especially our beloved Muslim brothers and sisters in Palestine, Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kashmir, Pakistan and so on.

May Allah accept our good deeds, forgive our sins and ease the suffering of all around the globe.

Reaction score
EID MUBARAK!

Taqabal Allahu Minna Wa Minkum

Don't give Shaytan a "welcome back" party!!

Keep in mind that EID is not a day to disobey Allah (SWT) but rather a day to thank HIM for giving us chance to express our happiness and his blessing over us. "Breaking Allah's rules" isn't the only definition of fun. Don’t spoil your reward by doing sinful acts on this precious occasion.Keep your fun on Eid halal folks!

Don’t forget to pray for those who are facing serious hardships throughout the world especially our beloved Muslim brothers and sisters in Palestine, Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kashmir, Pakistan and so on.

May Allah accept our good deeds, forgive our sins and ease the suffering of all around the globe.
ameen