• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A-levels or Intermediate. Engineering

Reaction score
So lately i finished my o level exams my results was very good i got 5A* and 1 A.

However now there is a little confusion and i am not sure if i should go for A-levels or Intermediate exams. I do want to go to a university in Pakistan and was wondering how hard is it to get on the merit list while doing A-levels. Can someone with previous experience regarding this matter guide me.

Also i have herd from people that you loose 20% marks if you do A-levels how correct is that, and if it is true do you have explanation as to why or how they do this?

Any help will be appreciated greatly.
Thanks

i want to do engineering, possibly mechanical

Last edited:
Reaction score
So lately i finished my o level exams my results was very good i got 5A* and 1 A.

However now there is a little confusion and i am not sure if i should go for A-levels or Intermediate exams. I do want to go to a university in Pakistan and was wondering how hard is it to get on the merit list while doing A-levels. Can someone with previous experience regarding this matter guide me.

Also i have herd from people that you loose 20% marks if you do A-levels how correct is that, and if it is true do you have explanation as to why or how they do this?

Thanks

Bro! first of all Congrats on achieving such a high score. Secondly, I would recommend you to continue your CIE education and begin your A Level, if you have no plans going to any Pakistani university. Thirdly you want to do engineering then it's not a big deal you would hopefully find a place in a good university as merits in engineering universities are lower as comparison to the medical.
Hope I helped a bit. :)

Reaction score
Suchal Riaz IDK if he comes to xpc now or not, but after doing AL he got admitted to NUST. I am not sure tho... but this is what I remember from our last conversation we had.

Moreover, you don't worry about these stuffs, Just give your best and your passion will lead you to some great university in any approach you choose... (Y)

Good luck

Reaction score

Thanks

linkinpark See if you can help this guy out.