• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A complete guide to getting your Equivalence certificate

Reaction score
The university which I have been selected in, what if it decides to drop me seeing those horrific results????

Reaction score
So I am really tensed. I have my IGCSE equivalence made with 5 subjects as I did it from abroad n my percentage was 67% which is a 603 out of 900. Now I need to get one for my A levels as well but I made the biggest mistake of my life by entering a school that's basically shit and has teachers with no degrees. I did 4 subjects at A levels and just to know I have U's in all. I am really tensed. What will my total equivalence be for HSSc according to the Pakistani system. I cleared tests in 2 unis n now m officially accepted in 1 n the other I have to give an interview. But after this horrible results, I don't even know what's going to happen. Never in my life have I ever got anything below a C and this was edexcl where E is a pass and I didn't even get 1 principal pass. I am totally heartbroken. Please help me out on this and let me know what my overall equivalence percentage will be. I am even scared that they might not even consider my alevels as it is all Us. So could u please just help me out on that.

The university which I have been selected in, what if it decides to drop me seeing those horrific results????

I'll reply to you over PM because this might be a longer discussion, okay?

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm also in need of some help here. I received A*A*AAA at GCSE in Bio, Eng, Maths, Chem and Phys respectively and I got an equivalence of 87% which is 783/900. What's confusing me is the method they used to calculate this percentage, as I want to get an idea of how to calculate the same for A levels. I used the formulae at the start of this thread but couldn't get the same percentage as above. I then looked around the IBCC website where I found some similar information and worked out they must have done something like this. If I received AAB for A levels what would be the method of working it out?

(720-15/810)*900 = 783/900
720 is the total possible mark for O level and I subtracted 15 because of my 3 As (85 per A)

Not sure if this is the way they did it but I could really use a hand.

Thank you and regards,

Charade

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm also in need of some help here. I received A*A*AAA at GCSE in Bio, Eng, Maths, Chem and Phys respectively and I got an equivalence of 87% which is 783/900. What's confusing me is the method they used to calculate this percentage, as I want to get an idea of how to calculate the same for A levels. I used the formulae at the start of this thread but couldn't get the same percentage as above. I then looked around the IBCC website where I found some similar information and worked out they must have done something like this. If I received AAB for A levels what would be the method of working it out?

(720-15/810)*900 = 783/900
720 is the total possible mark for O level and I subtracted 15 because of my 3 As (85 per A)

Not sure if this is the way they did it but I could really use a hand.

Thank you and regards,

Charade
Well if we assume you got AAB in A Level and given your current O Level result, this is how your equivalence would be calculated:

O Level: ((90*2 + 85*3)/total of 5 subs = 500) * 900 (scaled out of 900) = 783/900
Exactly like you did.

Now there's no such thing as A Level equivalence on the certificate. It's overall of O+A Level.
Your individual A Level Eq: 85+85+75 = 245/300

Your overall O+A Level equivalence which would be on your certificate:
= ( A Level marks + O level marks )) / 1100 (300 of AL + 900 of OL)
=
((245 + 783) /1100 ) *100
= 93.5%

I hope it clears your doubts.

Reaction score
linkinpark salam
I've few questions.
1. Can I get my A levels equivalence without getting o levels one? Or should I go for both together?
2. Is there an ibcc office in Karachi?
3. Can you re explain the part where about challan?
4. What is the mode of payment?

Reaction score
linkinpark salam
I've few questions.
1. Can I get my A levels equivalence without getting o levels one? Or should I go for both together?
As far as I can help, equivalency for both A.L & O.L will be needed to get into a university.
And yeah, there is a IBCC office in Karachi. Here you go: https://goo.gl/maps/wsPR32BGXaR2.

Reaction score
linkinpark salam
I've few questions.
WSalam. I guess demon has already answered your questions.

1) No you can't. There's no such thing as A Level equivalence officially. It's O level equivalence and then an O+A Level equivalence out of 1100. So you first need to get your O Level's and then A Level's. Although you can apply for both at the same time given you have all the certificates and the required documents.
2) Yes, Demon shared the pinpoint.
3&4) Challan part is basically they'll give you a receipt that you need to pay at the bank they require you. Once you do that, you come and show them the bank's receipt and they'll officially begin the procedure. Mode of payment is cash, as far as I know. If you're an overseas student then they accept online payment otherwise I guess it's usually cash. Nothing inconvenient though.

Reaction score
Hi
i have a question regarding IBCC . If i give 2 A levels (Cambridge board) and 1 Alevel (Edexcel board) , would the IBCC accept it for the equivalency?

Reaction score
WSalam. I guess demon has already answered your quesobtained1) No you can't. There's no such thing as A Level equivalence officially. It's O level equivalence and then an O+A Level equivalence out of 1100. So you first need to get your O Level's and then A Level's. Although you can apply for both at the same time given you have all the certificates and the required documents.
2) Yes, Demon shared the pinpoint.
3&4) Challan part is basically they'll give you a receipt that you need to pay at the bank they require you. Once you do that, you come and show them the bank's receipt and they'll officially begin the procedure. Mode of payment is cash, as far as I know. If you're an overseas student then they accept online payment otherwise I guess it's usually cash. Nothing inconvenient though.
What do I write in the box of 'Title of of Certificate/Diploma in the language of the country where obtained'?

Reaction score
Hi
i have a question regarding IBCC . If i give 2 A levels (Cambridge board) and 1 Alevel (Edexcel board) , would the IBCC accept it for the equivalency?
Hello Sumayyah.
Well I am not sure about A level but as far as I know, there's no problem in getting your Equivalence while having a combination of CIE + Edexcel.
You still should confirm it once because I might be wrong. There's no as such information on their website either.

Reaction score
This thread is so helpful, thank you!
I live in Saudi Arabia and am currently doing A2. I've decided to apply early for LUMS and an old senior told me they required IBCC equivalence.
1) My question is, can I DHL the O level certificates to my cousin so he can get the equivalence certificates for me? Should I be worried about sending original certificates like this?
2) I don't understand the part where you said 'get the photocopies attested'. Why would I need photocopies of my results? Do universities require those and not the original? '
3) If I do get them photocopied. what do you mean by 'get them attested by a government worker'?

Reaction score
This thread is so helpful, thank you!
I live in Saudi Arabia and am currently doing A2. I've decided to apply early for LUMS and an old senior told me they required IBCC equivalence.
1) My question is, can I DHL the O level certificates to my cousin so he can get the equivalence certificates for me? Should I be worried about sending original certificates like this?
2) I don't understand the part where you said 'get the photocopies attested'. Why would I need photocopies of my results? Do universities require those and not the original? '
3) If I do get them photocopied. what do you mean by 'get them attested by a government worker'?
I asked from my friend and this is her reply. I hope it clarifies your queries. :)

Yeah she has to courier her original docs to her cousin and he can get the job done for her. I sent my docs and my cousin got my equivalence for me. There's no other way she can get the certificate. Plus also advise her to send her original Pakistani Id card along with her original olevel result and certificate. They asked for mine for some reason.
And idk why but they did ask for attested photocopies of my O/A level certificates too. So she has to get that done too, in Saudi Arabia itself. And then she can courier all the original docs, the attested photocopies and her original Pakistani Id card as well,if possible.

3) Attestation means you need to get them stamped from a government worker with a scale greater than 14. That has to be done by someone within Pakistan. You can ask your cousin to get it attested and now IBCC offers online attestation too although I don't have any idea of their efficiency cause IBCC system is really bad but you can check it out.
http://ibcc.edu.pk/online_att/
http://www.ibcc.edu.pk/attestation.php

Reaction score
I asked from my friend and this is her reply. I hope it clarifies your queries. :)

Thank you sooo much!! Just one last thing, your friend said that I should get the photocopies attested in KSA. Could you perhaps ask her if my school will do that or will I have to go to the British Council to get it done?

Reaction score
Thank you sooo much!! Just one last thing, your friend said that I should get the photocopies attested in KSA. Could you perhaps ask her if my school will do that or will I have to go to the British Council to get it done?
You're welcome, Armeena! :) She isn't from KSA so she wouldn't have any information about it.
I did a simple google search and this what I found:
http://lifeinsaudiarabia.net/blog/2015/09/14/procedure-to-attest-documents-from-mofa/
http://www.saudi-expatriates.com/2014/12/how-to-get-saudi-embassy-attestation.html

I hope this helps you. Otherwise you need to reach out to your school and see if they can assist you on this matter. :)

Reaction score
I hope this thread isn't dead. I wanted to ask that I recently got the voucher from IBCC Office and it's just a printed paper with empty boxes and lines (see picture). I mean they didn't even mention the amount to be paid. Do I have to mention it myself according to the prices on the last page of form. I have to get my O level Equivalance made so I guess my case lies under Foreign Qualification with Marks - 2000Rs.?

Attachments

• WP_20180217_22_53_55_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180217_22_53_55_Pro.jpg
    920.4 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
I hope this thread isn't dead. I wanted to ask that I recently got the voucher from IBCC Office and it's just a printed paper with empty boxes and lines (see picture). I mean they didn't even mention the amount to be paid. Do I have to mention it myself according to the prices on the last page of form. I have to get my O level Equivalance made so I guess my case lies under Foreign Qualification with Marks - 2000Rs.?
Where did you appear for your O.L exams?
When I got my equivalency made (US High School), I paid 3000 PKR. Although it was my uncle who did all the stuff.
Here's a copy of my receipt, hope it helps.

Attachments

• InkedInkedIBCC RECEIPT_LI.jpg
    InkedInkedIBCC RECEIPT_LI.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
Reaction score
I hope the above reply answers your question