• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O level Pak Studies: Difficult questions and answers.

Reaction score
I guess I'll answer the first one too

X7DhHYn.png

Reaction score
Can you help me with this?

Q: Why did being a nuclear power create difficulties for Pakistan in the
1980s and 1990s? [7]

The mark scheme states this:
• The Pakistan government expressed concerns about the status of India
as a nuclear power.

but how does this create a difficulty for Pakistan?

And, are there more points? If so, please list them.

Reaction score
Sorry, I just opened XPC today..

1) USAID stopped
2) Threat of nuclear war with India

I think that point from Mark Scheme means that Pakistan was worried that India might use nuclear weapons,that may lead to nuclear war.

Reaction score
no idea, except the one mentioned in the ms

1.Tensed relations with India
2.Stoppage of aid from US etc
3.Serious financial crisis at home: govt had to freeze the FCA's( Foreign Currency Accounts) to deal with a financial emergency

Reaction score
Can u clear my doubt pls...

In N Kelly, it says that the Basic Principles Committee formed the Objectives Resoultion.
N Smith says that Constituent Assembly passed the RESOLUTION and then Basic Principles Committee formed a draft based on resolution,for a constitution.

What should i follow?

Reaction score
Can u clear my doubt pls...

In N Kelly, it says that the Basic Principles Committee formed the Objectives Resoultion.
N Smith says that Constituent Assembly passed the RESOLUTION and then Basic Principles Committee formed a draft based on resolution,for a constitution.

What should i follow?
Follow any, but they're the same

Reaction score
So if a qs about Objective Resolution comes, can i just start like this...

'IT WAS PASSED BY THE CONSTITUENT ASSEMBLY...'? Instead of 'IT WAS PASSED BY THE BASIC PRINCIPLES COMMITTEE'?

Reaction score
Q. Why was there a constitutional problem in 1950? (7)

I know the 3 points that are written in Kelly and Smith,but how can we extend the answer as they are written short?

Reaction score
Q. Why was there a constitutional problem in 1950? (7)

I know the 3 points that are written in Kelly and Smith, but how can we extend the answer as they are written short?

ya need to link it, 3 lines suffice per reason, provided you justify it by explanation and an impact statement.
like,um, take the ulemas. mention a few, mention zafarullah as qadiani, want to oust qadianis but strong influence, so constitution not being accepted etc. etc., seculars vs. ulemas etc.
take language, give stats for urdu, bengali etc., concern by punjabis etc., every province wants its lang., bengalis opposed every draft that denied them their language as the national status since they held it in high esteem.
then take representation and provincial autonomy/strong federal govt. resented. give punjab, pakhtoonistan, baluch liberation, punjab views of govt. vs. other provinces, bengalis dont want equal representation.

I am stretching reasons but it is your job to produce an impact statement and then link it with constitutional disagreements.