• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A newbie guide to IELTS

Reaction score
wait first tell me whether you'be given your IGCSE's or not.. and did you take english ?

I did do IGCSE's and english 1st language and got an A* , i also did english literature and alhamdulilah have an A* but that was in 2013.....since then all i have beeen busy in is A Levels and now SATS......i a doing IELTS now but its going to take time.....

Reaction score
I did do IGCSE's and english 1st language and got an A* , i also did english literature and alhamdulilah have an A* but that was in 2013.....since then all i have beeen busy in is A Levels and now SATS......i a doing IELTS now but its going to take time.....
great job ! i only got an A ... i had only three days to prepare..
how i did was i bought cambridge ielts trainer 9 and did around 4 listening and reading tests ( they're realllyyyy easyy)
i didn't practice anything at all for writing... that's why i go a 7..
for speaking , just remember the most important thing.. CONFIDENCE ! i cannot emphasize how important it is !
not a lot of people know this but your speaking is marked by your examiners in UK AND person who's taking your test !
he marks you on how confident and sure you are when you're speaking ..
and always stick o the topic ! in the second section you have to talk for around 1-2 minutes.
i talked for hardly a minute ! but the thing is i covered all the points it asked me to.

so if you need anymore help please ask :)
good luck !

Reaction score
great job ! i only got an A ... i had only three days to prepare..
how i did was i bought cambridge ielts trainer 9 and did around 4 listening and reading tests ( they're realllyyyy easyy)
i didn't practice anything at all for writing... that's why i go a 7..
for speaking , just remember the most important thing.. CONFIDENCE ! i cannot emphasize how important it is !
not a lot of people know this but your speaking is marked by your examiners in UK AND person who's taking your test !
he marks you on how confident and sure you are when you're speaking ..
and always stick o the topic ! in the second section you have to talk for around 1-2 minutes.
i talked for hardly a minute ! but the thing is i covered all the points it asked me to.

so if you need anymore help please ask :)
good luck !

MsA congratulations !!! XD :D actually i have the ielts superpack which contains 3 books...i cant go buy that book (many probs lol)....yes please help me out

Reaction score
lol i'm surprised you guys did so much prep for IELTS :D

OP this website saved my ass like mad http://www.ielts-exam.net/practice_tests/

of course i couldnt practice my writing so i got a 7 in that sub section but for listening I scored 9 and for reading and speaking 8 respectively!

I promise you if you go through this website and do all the practice tests (something i couldn't finish in 15 days lol) you will get 9 in all sections :)

good luck!

Reaction score
lol i'm surprised you guys did so much prep for IELTS :D

OP this website saved my ass like mad http://www.ielts-exam.net/practice_tests/

of course i couldnt practice my writing so i got a 7 in that sub section but for listening I scored 9 and for reading and speaking 8 respectively!

I promise you if you go through this website and do all the practice tests (something i couldn't finish in 15 days lol) you will get 9 in all sections :)

good luck!

thank you so much

Reaction score
MsA congratulations !!! XD :D actually i have the ielts superpack which contains 3 books...i cant go buy that book (many probs lol)....yes please help me out
No worries just use your book. Just get an overall feel for the test and try to get used to it . The purpose of these tests is to help you bnot freak out in the test day. You should be confident about listening and reading parts .

Reaction score
No worries just use your book. Just get an overall feel for the test and try to get used to it . The purpose of these tests is to help you bnot freak out in the test day. You should be confident about listening and reading parts .

thank you so much

Reaction score
how if i have no books and live in place that we totally not use english, please give me links or steps to learn english, you could say i'm a newbie :rolleyes::) i need help
i got my ielts score as well.
Listeing - 9
Reading - 8
Writing - 7
Speaking- 9

so please ask if you need any help.