• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CHEMISTRY PAPER 3 DOUBTSS!!

Reaction score
Did you guys prepare for practical in some specific way,i just did a few calculations. :/ and practiced drawing tables.

Reaction score
Did you guys prepare for practical in some specific way,i just did a few calculations. :/ and practiced drawing tables.

Yeah man got a lab set up in my basement, did some 10 years of practicals in one go. Gonna take a power nap for 30 mins and perform more practicals till sunrise.

Jk man did the same. Good luck to you too!!

Reaction score
though i will be getting 53-54 in p2 but still did careless mistakes like writing the structural formula instead of name in IR.....
thats nothing cuz heres my list of careless mistakes:
forgot to square HCl's moles when putting in values (tho i did when i wrote the formula)
wrote methyl ethanoate instead of methyl methanoate (tho i had the right compound structure in my mind)
n wrote oxodising agent for NO2 instead of catalyst
put up a partial positive charge on a carbon in ethene (idk if marks r deducted for anything extra u write)
forgot to mention van der waal's forces in that comparing melting points question
n there may be a mark deducted from that question too which involved temporary induced dipoles of Br2 when it comes near to ethene.

so chill out n give ur best in p3 n p1 :p

Reaction score
n um sarmadimran was it u who was asking abt that marking thing for papers?
cuz the actual method is quite simple
u just add the theory n mcq marks but the p3 marks have to be calculated out of 30 before they could b added

Reaction score
in latest ms its written about oxygen that it relights glowing splint so am bit confused
With acids, H2 gas is given off, which is tested with a lighted splint which 'pops'.
With H2O2, O2 is given off which relights glowing splint
Yeah man got a lab set up in my basement, did some 10 years of practicals in one go. Gonna take a power nap for 30 mins and perform more practicals till sunrise.

Jk man did the same. Good luck to you too!!
I thought you were serious until the last line xD
but I do have a home science lab set up, but it's not that much fun. All I could do was practice qualitative analysis, because during titration, my methyl orange indicator didn't work. It stays red even if I add direct concentrated alkali into it :/ and during the water of crystallisation experiment, my salt totally decomposed and turned into a liquid..
And it's so hectic that after completing each paper, I just collapse for straight 2 hours, so I could only practice like 5-6 papers and not 10 years : p

Reaction score
Mine was around 28 :/ in my centre 26-29 was common.Yeah the guess was right :D.Overall the paper was good,expecting around 34.FA6 OR FA7 which had lower ph?

Reaction score
Mine was around 28 :/ in my centre 26-29 was common.Yeah the guess was right :D.Overall the paper was good,expecting around 34.FA6 OR FA7 which had lower ph?
FA7 because gas was evolved that turned limewater milky though limewater didn't turn milky but we had to write that

Reaction score
Why lid is placed while cooling? And improvement?
I wrote to prevent residue loss and improvement use larger mass so that uncertainty will be reduced...
And what was your percentage purity ?mine was 99.5%