• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

did anyone hear take IGCSE geography or history

Reaction score
I took history last year, got a C (yay me) and I'm about to take geography in like a couple of weeks. So, what do you need help with?

Reaction score
Is history difficult??
Not really, if you know how to effectively connect dots. Usually the questions go along the lines of "what was the effect of bla bla bla" or "describe the following cartoon from the year xxxx" Something like that (my memory isnt that good)

Reaction score
Not really, if you know how to effectively connect dots. Usually the questions go along the lines of "what was the effect of bla bla bla" or "describe the following cartoon from the year xxxx" Something like that (my memory isnt that good)
means if i study well, i have nuthing to worry about?? and can i pick any depth studies??? and how many??

Reaction score
means if i study well, i have nuthing to worry about?? and can i pick any depth studies??? and how many??
Granted I took mine 2 years ago so what I say here might have changed: but from what I remember yes you can choose any depth studies you want. You have to choose 2 (or 3. I cant remember tbh. It should be specified in the syllabus) out of 7? I honestly cant remember so bear with me.

As for studying, yes if you study well you should have nothing to worry about (unless your handwriting sucks, which is another matter entirely e.e) I would recommend studying your most comfortabke depth study as thoroghly as possible to get the most marks. Hope this helps!

P.S. Please double check the info on the course sylllabus. Somethings may hqve changed that I an not aware about.

Reaction score
Granted I took mine 2 years ago so what I say here might have changed: but from what I remember yes you can choose any depth studies you want. You have to choose 2 (or 3. I cant remember tbh. It should be specified in the syllabus) out of 7? I honestly cant remember so bear with me.

As for studying, yes if you study well you should have nothing to worry about (unless your handwriting sucks, which is another matter entirely e.e) I would recommend studying your most comfortabke depth study as thoroghly as possible to get the most marks. Hope this helps!

P.S. Please double check the info on the course sylllabus. Somethings may hqve changed that I an not aware about.
You are being really helpful........thnx a ton

oh and did u do the soursework or did u opt for the paper instead?? (paper 3 or coursework??)

Reaction score
Lol dw i wont torture u with a load of questions....but thnx i think i will go for the paper too....

Reaction score
how is geography? I want to take it up!
plz help

To tell you the truth, it is pretty hard if you're not prepared for it. Papers 1 and 4 are the real killers. In paper 1, be prepared for the case studies. There are 6 questions for you (2 for each theme), and you only need to do 3 (1 for each theme). Each question will have its own case study which are (there are multiple case studies to read) pretty much mandatory for you to read in detail before the actual test date.

Paper 4 is the alternative to course work paper (if you study in a Cambridge approved school, you can take paper 3 instead, which is the course work) Basically you are tested in your knowledge to conduct field work, mainly measuring the depth and/or width of a river, or measuring the weather. They also ask you "what equipment to use to measure blah blah blah" and stuff like that.

Paper 2 is probably the easiest out of the 3 papers. Basically it measures your understanding of Geographical skills such as calculating the length of a road/river (I advise you to take a LONG piece of string with you on test day. 10 cm should do the trick). They also test you on your ability to discern certain geographical locations on the map, or vice versa. For example: they may give you a picture of a certain building, and ask you to pinpoint the location of said building on the map. Or they may give you a city layout (with zones and everything) and a picture of a..... say a shoe store..... and ask you where would it most likely be located.

Hope this helps :D