• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O level Commerce???

Reaction score
I have to give the exam of commerce this year....so can anyone guide me some books for commerce...and TIPS for learning and how to prepare for the exam in two-three months??? Is it tough??

Reaction score
I did take commerce and I feel like one can easily cover complete commerce syllabus in 1 month as some of those economics and BS topics and concepts are also there in commerce which makes it easier to complete it in less time ...
For mcqs paper : trigwell Jones book is really helpful along with past 5 years past papers ( all variants )

As for theory : I won't recommend you to use that thick book , some of the details are irrelevant .. Muhammad Hassan's notes ( posted on student guide ) were really to the point and were helpful .

Goodluck !

Reaction score
I have to give the exam of commerce this year....so can anyone guide me some books for commerce...and TIPS for learning and how to prepare for the exam in two-three months??? Is it tough??
I agree with everything Husnain has told. I gave it back in November 2011 and I finished the syllabus within 1 month,22 days alongside past papers of 2007-2010. Before 2007, the pattern used to be different as far as I can remember.

Like Husnain said, don't rely on the fat book, it has loads of unnecessary information. What I did was to highlight the necessary information from each chapter and made notes of them. I also used notes from internet and integrated them in my own notes. Once I was done, I started past papers and used to add points from Marking Schemes to my notes and it proved to be extremely helpful. I also read examiner reports of 2009 and 2010 to see what exactly was the examiner looking for which made my technique better. I practised the past papers thoroughly and crammed the information wherever it was suitable and got an A though was expecting an A*.
Commerce is perhaps the easiest subject in O level ONLY if it is done properly and not taken easy from the start. Good luck. :)

Reaction score
I did take commerce and I feel like one can easily cover complete commerce syllabus in 1 month as some of those economics and BS topics and concepts are also there in commerce which makes it easier to complete it in less time ...
For mcqs paper : trigwell Jones book is really helpful along with past 5 years past papers ( all variants )

As for theory : I won't recommend you to use that thick book , some of the details are irrelevant .. Muhammad Hassan's notes ( posted on student guide ) were really to the point and were helpful .

Goodluck !
Can you send me the link to Muhammad Hassan's notes? Which grade di you get?

Reaction score
I agree with everything Husnain has told. I gave it back in November 2011 and I finished the syllabus within 1 month,22 days alongside past papers of 2007-2010. Before 2007, the pattern used to be different as far as I can remember.

Like Husnain said, don't rely on the fat book, it has loads of unnecessary information. What I did was to highlight the necessary information from each chapter and made notes of them. I also used notes from internet and integrated them in my own notes. Once I was done, I started past papers and used to add points from Marking Schemes to my notes and it proved to be extremely helpful. I also read examiner reports of 2009 and 2010 to see what exactly was the examiner looking for which made my technique better. I practised the past papers thoroughly and crammed the information wherever it was suitable and got an A though was expecting an A*.
Commerce is perhaps the easiest subject in O level ONLY if it is done properly and not taken easy from the start. Good luck. :)
Why are extra subjects good is it better to take some??? How will A*s help in future?

Reaction score
Why are extra subjects good is it better to take some??? How will A*s help in future?
Ahmad only take those subjects that might be related to your field or you can easily study on your own. I took only 2 extra subjects: Stats and Commerce. I studied Stats from a tutor and Commerce I did on my own. I had B in stats (never was good in maths) and A in Commerce. I'd advise not to take more than 10 subjects.
Yes they will surely help ONLY if you are planning to study abroad and are pretty much useless in Pakistan unless you want to show off your grades to family and friends. :p

Reaction score
Please recommend me a book for commerce, is the one by Mary.T.Jones up to date ? For Oct/Nov 2016

Reaction score
from where i can get o level commerce guess papers of may/june 2017? pleze tell me...

Reaction score
Plz tell commere is easy or not? Plz

You can ace just about any subject given the right amount of practice. As others above have pointed out, practicing questions that students have been examined on in earlier years is key to scoring an A grade.