• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
What is a circuit breaker and what is meant by circuit breaker settings?
I'm so confused in this
Please someone post up any notes or links in connection with this topic, thanks:')

Reaction score
View attachment 58756Can you please explain this question as well? :rolleyes:
This question is of course related to the reactivity series but what the question is asking is that define the reactivity of these elements depending upon its OXIDE stability , CO2 , AL2O3 and Fe2O3. According to the reactivity series Aluminium oxide can only be broken through electrolysis. which makes it quite reactive , still on the other hand Iron oxide can reduced or broken by heating with Carbon / Carbon monoxide/hydrogen. Carbon on the other hand is quite reactive towards oxygen as if have seen through reactions such as carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide CO and CO2 and they are not that easily broken. So according the information i have provided above the answer is A. Carbon rules over most of the elements when we talk about Oxygen due to its formation with it. Hope you understood. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
This question is of course related to the reactivity series but what the question is asking is that define the reactivity of these elements depending upon its OXIDE stability , CO2 , AL2O3 and Fe2O3. According to the reactivity series Aluminium oxide can only be broken through electrolysis. which makes it quite reactive , still on the other hand Iron oxide can reduced or broken by heating with Carbon / Carbon monoxide/hydrogen. Carbon on the other hand is quite reactive towards oxygen as if have seen through reactions such as carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide CO and CO2 and they are not that easily broken. So according the information i have provided above the answer is C. Carbon rules over most of the elements when we talk about Oxygen due to its formation with it. Hope you understood. :)
Yeah. Thanks A LOT! :D

Reaction score
It's no longer a part of our syllabus if I am not wrong...

What is a circuit breaker and what is meant by circuit breaker settings?
I'm so confused in this
Please someone post up any notes or links in connection with this topic, thanks:')

Reaction score
Hi, are there any other books (or websites) from where i can do more practice questions for physics and chemistry, other than those redspot past papers, i want to do more to confirm my preparation.

Reaction score
Hi, are there any other books (or websites) from where i can do more practice questions for physics and chemistry, other than those redspot past papers, i want to do more to confirm my preparation.
You can use IGCSE PAPERS mostly of the Extended part ... they are good for practice and I mostly recommend them. you can get them at GCE GUIDE and each invariant is a whole lot different.

Reaction score
Simone pls explain why the hell we use glass beads in a fractional ting column it's so confusing I don't understand
And can anybody give me notes for crystallization pls pls

Reaction score

Um for math add math go for the variants as many as you can
For Chem if suggest fundamental chemistry qs and worksheets from simple Chemconcepts site
For physics and bio long man workbook would suffice
Don't worry past papers are enough bye I'm surprised you're done with them so quick Ma Sha Allah I haven't even completed my syllabus yet :/

Reaction score
Simone pls explain why the hell we use glass beads in a fractional ting column it's so confusing I don't understand
And can anybody give me notes for crystallization pls pls
We mostly use glass beads because they are nonreactive and they are inert. It is to prevent the liquid from reacting with the column to produce another compound.

Reaction score
A small cylinder of compressed helium gas is used to inflate balloons for a celebration.

(b) The helium in the cylinder has a volume of 6.0 × 10–3 m3 (0.0060 m3) and is at a pressure of 2.75 × 106 Pa.

(i) The pressure of helium in each balloon is 1.1 × 105 Pa. The volume of helium in an inflated balloon is 3.0 × 10–3 (0.0030 m3). The temperature of the helium does not change.

Calculate the number of balloons that were inflated.

I know how the calculation is done for this question using p1v1=p2v2 but my question is how can you equate the pressure and the volume of both systems if the mass of helium in both system is not equal?

Reaction score
Um for math add math go for the variants as many as you can
For Chem if suggest fundamental chemistry qs and worksheets from simple Chemconcepts site
For physics and bio long man workbook would suffice
Don't worry past papers are enough bye I'm surprised you're done with them so quick Ma Sha Allah I haven't even completed my syllabus yet :/
okayy thanks :) im doing it private thats why i have completed my syllabus about a year ago :D

Reaction score
Can any body provide me notes or a link to any resourceful site for radioactivity In physics?
I'd be very thankful :)