• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Applying to US

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm in need of desperate advice. So I checked out the US application and they require things like "counselor recommendation letter". Now, I don't even know the name of my college's counselor when I was doing A levels and I doubt they would write one either. Anybody with experience on this?

And also, since I'm self studying SAT, what do I do about the teacher recommendation letter?

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm in need of desperate advice. So I checked out the US application and they require things like "counselor recommendation letter". Now, I don't even know the name of my college's counselor when I was doing A levels and I doubt they would write one either. Anybody with experience on this?

And also, since I'm self studying SAT, what do I do about the teacher recommendation letter?

Tell me about it! I studied privately for my entire A level, so I don't even have teacher recs.. You should drop councilor rec may be, provide teacher recs only.
I personally will be providing rec from my employer and one of my secondary teacher may be,

Reaction score
Tell me about it! I studied privately for my entire A level, so I don't even have teacher recs.. You should drop councilor rec may be, provide teacher recs only.
I personally will be providing rec from my employer and one of my secondary teacher may be,
The problem is they seem pretty hell bent on the counselor letter. Did you email them regarding your situation?

Reaction score

If you're a school student, who studied at a school, you don't fall under the home school applicant category.
In that case, you need to get your school counselor to write you the counselor recommendation.

But if you're a complete home school applicant, who didn't do O/A-Level from a school, then you can get a parent to write the counselor recommendation, and you can get teacher recommendations from any two teachers who know you. You'll need to provide details of your entire home school curriculum - how you studied, how you were tested, etc.