• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
whoever's appeared for the bio chem and phy papers this OCT NOV..rate it on a 1-10..how difficult were the papers???

Reaction score
Salam everyone, can someone tell me what is a saturated solution keeping in mind I'm an IGCSE first year student,it says that saturated solution is a solution which contains as much dissolved solute as it can at a particular temperature, I don't quite get it :/ thanks alot!

Reaction score
Salam everyone, can someone tell me what is a saturated solution keeping in mind I'm an IGCSE first year student,it says that saturated solution is a solution which contains as much dissolved solute as it can at a particular temperature, I don't quite get it :/ thanks alot!
W/salam.Think of that like this,At a particular(Specific) temperature when you add more solute(any soluble powder) in solution, it will not dissolve (just stay there undissolved).This type of solution is known as saturated solution and this is because there is no room for these additional particles to get dissolved.

Hope that answers the question :) :D

Reaction score
Anyone studied from Biology D.G.Mackean?
The book you're talking about has many syllabi combined. So there will be many things that you don't have to know.
This is not a problem, if you keep a copy of your syllabus with you and go to the relevant sections to learn only what you have to.

However, I would suggest getting a book dedicated to IGCSE and endorsed by Cambridge.

Reaction score
The book you're talking about has many syllabi combined. So there will be many things that you don't have to know.
This is not a problem, if you keep a copy of your syllabus with you and go to the relevant sections to learn only what you have to.

However, I would suggest getting a book dedicated to IGCSE and endorsed by Cambridge.
Yes I am aware that it has topics other than our syllabus too.
Right now I am studying from notes and revision guide,as I am giving biology in oct/nov session.

Reaction score
hey guys, how does
hydrogencarbonate indicator (bicarbonate indicator),
cobalt chloride paper
pH indicator paper
pH probes
work?

Reaction score
Please help me with barometers... i don't understand them at all.... {physics doubt}
A barometer consists of a large dish and a long glass tube that is sealed at one end. The tube and dish are filled with mercury (HG) or some other liquid, and the tube is inverted into the dish. If all this is done without any air entering the tube, a column of liquid will remain above the dish.
pressure_s1_2.gif

Figure %: The Mercury Barometer

When the tube full of mercury is inverted in the dish, the mercury level will drop. It will continue to drop until the pressure generated by the column's weight equals the atmospheric pressure. Since we know the column's height h , the density of mercury ρ , and the acceleration due to gravity g ( 9.81m s-2 ), we can calculate the atmospheric pressure P .

formula
P = ghρ