• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

May/June 2016: Pakistan Studies, Islamiat and Urdu-B

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I appeared for the May/June session 2015 last year and thought I could share some of my experiences with you guys.

I appeared for Islamiyat and Pak Studies only and got 2A*s with the Grace of God.
I did not make any notes nor did I learn from any notes written by anyone.

First of all , for both subjects follow the mark scheme carefully and read the examiner reports to see what the examiners really want. Trust me school teachers don't know much.
Also make sure you go through the syllabus contents of all subjects.
For Geography just do the past papers again and again following the mark scheme for every question you do. There are really good points written in the mark scheme. I used Huma Naz Sethi for Geo and frankly it isn't too good but it doesn't matter because Geo is sort of general knowledge. Apart for some very few things (locations , little facts here and there) not much from the book is really important. Like the guy above mentioned you have to follow a specific writing style to get good marks.

For History I used Nigel Kelly and Nigel Smith. A few relations were done from Nigel Smith and some topics like Siachen Glacier not present in Kelly. But 95% was done from Kelly. Try not to skip any topics and just follow Nigel Kelly. There is no need to go for notes by an acclaimed X ,Y , Z teacher. Trust me. Again make sure you go over the pastpapers although the mark scheme for History isn't as important as for Geo.

For Islamiyat I used three books - Farkhanda Noor , Yasmin Malik , Iftikhar-ul-Haq.
Again I used Farkhanda Noor mostly followed by Iftikhar-ul-Haq. Least from Yasmin Malik. Make sure you go through the syllabus content and again do pastpapers.
Just like history rattafy this and most importantly for A* learn verses. As many as possible from each topic. I used all three book to find appropriate verses for some topics.
Without verses and references even A is difficult in Islamiyat. To stay on the safe side try not to skip any topic although I left the Imams topic (it hardly comes).

Bottomline is this: If anyone is wondering whether its possible to get good marks in these subjects without following specific notes I can tell that it is.
Help each other too , there's nothing better than sharing knowledge with others (y).
Good Luck to all!
P.s sorry for the long post :D , one thing I missed , try to do left over topics as soon as possible so you don't get stressed out in last months.

Reaction score
So i got exams in may jun... could u tell me how to do the 4 mark part in isl... i mean how many points whould be wrote in it

Reaction score
So i got exams in may jun... could u tell me how to do the 4 mark part in isl... i mean how many points whould be wrote in it

well ..... you don't get marks for points , its actually level marking so they'll check the overall answer and give marks accordingly. For 4 marks questions, practice from pastpapers and try to give realistic answers rather than crammed ones. This part is basically 'general' and so you should have an open mind while attempting them as they will be new every year (more or less). But the redstop pure is good too , there are verses and references given learn them as they can be used for all sorts of answers.

Good luck and remember, grade boundaries are set by the threshhold , so difficult questions will be compensated for.

Reaction score
well ..... you don't get marks for points , its actually level marking so they'll check the overall answer and give marks accordingly. For 4 marks questions, practice from pastpapers and try to give realistic answers rather than crammed ones. This part is basically 'general' and so you should have an open mind while attempting them as they will be new every year (more or less). But the redstop pure is good too , there are verses and references given learn them as they can be used for all sorts of answers.

Good luck and remember, grade boundaries are set by the threshhold , so difficult questions will be compensated for.
Ok and like should i memorize the book for Isl......

Reaction score
how to pen this thread help me please
Pin*
Only the moderators can pin threads.. but if you want you can recieve updates by clicking on " watch thread" on the top right corner of this page and the next time you want see the thread click on "watched threads" on the top left corner.

Reaction score
Pin*
Only the moderators can pin threads.. but if you want you can recieve updates by clicking on " watch thread" on the top right corner of this page and the next time you want see the thread click on "watched threads" on the top left corner.
how to open that thread

Reaction score
Did u do personalities companions??? I hope u talking ant farkhands book... n
And how did u manage time...

I actually did the companions in the last months since I had skipped them earlier in school semesters. The ten blessed companions plus some other important personalities. Yes I did most from Farkhanda Noor and some from Iftikhar-ul-Haq + Yasmin Malik. The most important thing is to complete the whole syllabus as soon as possible , so you'll have more time for revision in the last days. Don't leave any topic for the last months, otherwise it will become stressful. There is still a lot of time though. Just speed things up after the end of this month.
Good luck!