• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

english help required

Reaction score
im abt to appear in the oct nov session for second language english...n ive been assigned to write at least 5 stories on the topics of my choice...but this has made the job more difficult for me cuz idk what topics to write on...plzz suggest me some
Dark Destination
plzzz help

Reaction score
If they are to be stories, then you can try these topics, if you like :p

1. Write about an incident which taught you that money is not the most important thing in life.
2. Write a story which includes the sentence: "When I thought about it, I couldn't deny the fact that we'd been dishonest."
3. Write about an occasion someone saved you at the last moment.
4. Marriage
5. Write a story in which you undergo a fiasco.

^ Hope you'll like them. :p

Reaction score
im abt to appear in the oct nov session for second language english...n ive been assigned to write at least 5 stories on the topics of my choice...but this has made the job more difficult for me cuz idk what topics to write on...plzz suggest me some
Dark Destination
plzzz help

1 A visit to an amusement park
2 Describe the scene outside a sports stadium immediately before an important match
3 imaginary encounter with a real person
4 first day at / school/ college / job
5 a day when everything went wrong/right
6 experiance that taught you a lesson
7 a trip you would like to take
8 a moment of failure/success
9 an impotant discovery
10 begin story with " 20 minutes before the quake hit...'

Reaction score
Checkout recent pastpapers of English...The way pastpaper topics are going to help you, nothing else can!

Reaction score
You can also list down all the topics that fall under argumentative writing, story, descriptive, monologues, discursive etc from the past papers and practice one from each everyday. You will not hunt for topics every time you sit to study once I've listed everything down.. So that saves time aswell

Reaction score
Dark Destination
plzzz help
If you are very much worried about the creative essays than I'd suggest you try to write on some of the topics provided in past papers, however the real thing the cambridge examiners will mark you on would be your language, prose and content. If you don't already read books grab one with good language such as a classic or a modern one that hasn't been written in un-impressive language.
Check out synonyms for ordinary words such as Sad= Gloomy, Angry= Anguished, Happy= Jubilant
Use the words in your essay and make sure YOU DO use them.
Use similies, metaphors and understand PUNCTUATION...
You can't really go wrong if you develop good vocabulary, punctuating skills and most importantly your imagination.
oh and keep a diary if that helps...writing everyday improves your skills!

Hope that helps since that's what I did and ended up with an A*
If you need any more help all you need to do is ask. (y)(y)(y):X3::LOL:

Reaction score
If you are very much worried about the creative essays than I'd suggest you try to write on some of the topics provided in past papers, however the real thing the cambridge examiners will mark you on would be your language, prose and content. If you don't already read books grab one with good language such as a classic or a modern one that hasn't been written in un-impressive language.
Check out synonyms for ordinary words such as Sad= Gloomy, Angry= Anguished, Happy= Jubilant
Use the words in your essay and make sure YOU DO use them.
Use similies, metaphors and understand PUNCTUATION...
You can't really go wrong if you develop good vocabulary, punctuating skills and most importantly your imagination.
oh and keep a diary if that helps...writing everyday improves your skills!

Hope that helps since that's what I did and ended up with an A*
If you need any more help all you need to do is ask. (y)(y)(y):X3::LOL:
thx alot plus i need some help with comprehension too
m good at paper 1 but m never able to score well in paper 2 passage 2
m good at that last word meanings qs
but the qs before that r the real problem
almost half of my answers never match the mark scheme
ive practised alot of past papers but it doesnt help at all
plzzzz give me some pointers so i can improve
ty :)

Reaction score
can anyone please give the october november 2015 english as a first language papers from teachers support or anywhere