• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
View attachment 54032

THIS ONE ALSO PLZ ......
In the circuit shown, let the current be I1
I1=V/R=6/2R
Power dissipated in external resistor (P1)=I1*I1*resistance of external resisitor=(6/2R)*(6/2R)*R= 36R/(4R*R)=9/R
in the circuit with negligible internal resistance, let the current be I2
I2=V/R=6/R
so power dissipated in xternal circuit(P2)=I2*I2*Resistance of external resistor=(6/R)*(6/R)*R=36R/(R*R)=36/R
SO P2=4P1

Reaction score
When the negatively charged plate is brought close to the initially neutral plate, the electrons in the bottom plate are repelled away and move into the earth, since a wire is connected so the electrons are able to flow away. This makes the bottom plate become overall positively charged, since there are more protons than electrons.
:confused:
but isnt it that anything earthed becomes neutral? :eek: :unsure:
do u mean if the bottom plate was not earthed, it wud not get a +ve charge?

Reaction score
:confused:
but isnt it that anything earthed becomes neutral? :eek: :unsure:
do u mean if the bottom plate was not earthed, it wud not get a +ve charge?
If the bottom plate was not earthed, there will be positive charge in upper part of this plate and negative charge in bottom half, because the elections are repelled and so move down. They are not able to escape anywhere. So top part would be positive and bottom part would be negative, within the bottom plate itself.

By earthing it we allow electrons to move away so the plate is positively charged everywhere as a whole