• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CAREER COUNSELLING

Reaction score
Sir can you please tell me what skill set must a person possess to have a successful career in Accountancy? I am currently torn between going for Chartered Accountancy and Engineering. I was not able to take up accountancy in my A-levels because the subject was not offered but I have studied Economics along with sciences and maths.

Reaction score
Sir can you please tell me what skill set must a person possess to have a successful career in Accountancy? I am currently torn between going for Chartered Accountancy and Engineering. I was not able to take up accountancy in my A-levels because the subject was not offered but I have studied Economics along with sciences and maths.

There isn't any special skill required to become an accountant. All you need to is hard work as as all the careers demand hard work for success. Even if you didn't choose Accountancy in A levels, you will still manage to study it as many science students transfer to accountancy after A Levels.

Reaction score
What should one study to become the CEO of a Construction company?
One that builds houses, buildings and stuff and sells them for profit.

Should i study Architecture, or Civil Engineering, or what exactly? Or does it require no degree?

Reaction score
What should one study to become the CEO of a Construction company?
One that builds houses, buildings and stuff and sells them for profit.

Should i study Architecture, or Civil Engineering, or what exactly? Or does it require no degree?

A CEO does not require a specific degree but requires special skills and ethics that need to be implemented in the business.

Reaction score
I plan on doing ACCA so does the BSc(Hons.) degree completes my course or do I need to study further?

Reaction score
I plan on doing ACCA so does the BSc(Hons.) degree completes my course or do I need to study further?
A BSc degree is totally different from ACCA and on completion of your degree, you will be exempted from a few ACCA papers, and you still would need to appear for a few more ACCA papers. It all depends on the degree. If it is accredited, you will get exemption, otherwise no.

Reaction score
With such excellent results, you can apply to top universities around the world !!!!! So why choose Aston?
The reason why I am choosing Aston is due to financial restraints. Their Scholarship Program really attracted me.
BTW can you give me your opinion about University of Westminster.
Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
The reason why I am choosing Aston is due to financial restraints. Their Scholarship Program really attracted me.
BTW can you give me your opinion about University of Westminster.
Thanks a lot.

Personally, I would not prefer both of these universities. What I would like you to understand is the fact that studying in a top university will give you higher returns and i would prefer you to apply to top universities like Imperial, King's etc rather than Aston, Greenwich, Westminster etc. You have outstanding results and you have the potential to study at these universities. The scholarships at UK universities are usually marketing gimmicks. Or else, I would suggest you to apply to USA or Canada, rather than in UK universities like Aston. Following are some good universities to look at: Imperial, King's College, Newcastle, Leeds, Nottingham, Lancaster, UCL, Birmingham, Manchester, to name a few. I know they are expensive, but they are highly recognised. Universities like Newcastle offer 1500 pounds scholarships and you can go through their programmes.

Reaction score
But what should i study at University then? :|

You can study Accounting and Finance degree at a reputable university. The other option is to study ACCA from an institution and study for a BCom degree privately. In this way you will complete ACCA as well as gain a BCom degree. Remember when you complete a certain set of ACCA papers, you are awarded a degree from Oxford Brookes University as well.

Reaction score
Remember when you complete a certain set of ACCA papers, you are awarded a degree from Oxford Brookes University as well.
But isnt that only for those who study ACCA from the ACCA institute

Reaction score
You can study Accounting and Finance degree at a reputable university. The other option is to study ACCA from an institution and study for a BCom degree privately. In this way you will complete ACCA as well as gain a BCom degree. Remember when you complete a certain set of ACCA papers, you are awarded a degree from Oxford Brookes University as well.

But, can't I just hire an accountant for my company? Is there really a need to study Accounting myself?

What are the prospects of studying Architecture or Civil Engineering?

Reaction score
But, can't I just hire an accountant for my company? Is there really a need to study Accounting myself?

What are the prospects of studying Architecture or Civil Engineering?

Yes of course. There are several firms providing professional services for companies around the world, so there isn't any meed for you to do accountancy.

Both of the fields are very prosperous. All I want you to understand is that do what you are passionate about, regardless of what you think might happen in future. Just choose the career which you feel enthusiastic about.

Reaction score
Sir, can you please tell me which good universities can I apply to for admission in humanities with majors like International relations and political science. I have average O level grades 5A's 3B's. I expect 2A 2B's in my A level. Please provide information about International universities which are not very expensive and do accept international srudents or good local universities. Thanks. :)

Reaction score
Sir what do you think of NYUAD? Do you think it's a good university?
I'm interested in it due to the prospect of getting a scholarship.

Reaction score
Sir what do you think of NYUAD? Do you think it's a good university?
I'm interested in it due to the prospect of getting a scholarship.

NYUAD is a very good institution. However, admissions and scholarships are very competitive. And, places are limited.