• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to draw the reflection of circular wavefronts? like in question 10 of the paper: w10 qp 33
Thnx................. :)
1. First you need to find the dot R (Q10 a i) which is the same distance from surface on other side as S is.
2. Now put your compass on S, and complete the three circles to the other side of the surface.
3. Now place your compass on R, and try to complete a circle from the circular wavefronts drawn on the right hand side to make a circle on this left hand side.
4. Repeat instruction in 3, to complete circles from right hand side to left hand side, from compass on R for all three wavefronts.
5. After its drawn, erase the circles on right hand side of reflecting surface leaving ones drawn on the left hand side.

There you go, ask if you need any clarification with above.

Reaction score
Q6 a) i) is Range.
Range is the difference between highest and lowest temperature,
now if you increase the stem of the thermometer you'll have a larger difference between highest and lowest hence a bigger range.

Q6 a) ii) is Sensitivity.
Sensitivity is how much the liquid expands per rise in temperature.
If you want it to react more per temperature rise, decreasing diameter of the capillary tube to make it thin, will make the liquid rise up more according to scale.
Hence if diameter reduced, liquid will seem to expand more per degree rise.
U rock man.. thanks alot..!

Reaction score
W
1. First you need to find the dot R (Q10 a i) which is the same distance from surface on other side as S is.
2. Now put your compass on S, and complete the three circles to the other side of the surface.
3. Now place your compass on R, and try to complete a circle from the circular wavefronts drawn on the right hand side to make a circle on this left hand side.
4. Repeat instruction in 3, to complete circles from right hand side to left hand side, from compass on R for all three wavefronts.
5. After its drawn, erase the circles on right hand side of reflecting surface leaving ones drawn on the left hand side.

There you go, ask if you need any clarification with above.
Wouldnt R be on the surface because that is the source of the reflected waves..?! :/

Reaction score
and can u ppl tel me a easy way of finding which reaction is exo or endo

and how many past exam paper should be done for A*

Reaction score
Cao + Sio2 = CaSio3

why no water formed
as

acid + base = salt + water

some one help me out plz

Reaction score
Cao + Sio2 = CaSio3

why no water formed
as

acid + base = salt + water

some one help me out plz

It is formed but Calcium Silicate (CaSiO3) has "high physical water absorption",
so calcium silicate is basically hydrated in nature and absorbs the water hence no water is produced as end result in reaction.

If its taking in heat its endo, you can identify if the reaction needs heat to complete and thus will be endo.
Also, sometimes they give the heat values in delta H. If the value is negative, that means the reaction is exothermic.

In my opinion, do structured to gain an understanding of how to answer the questions. Then do multiple choice to develop reasoning.
But go through the textbooks to ensure you know everything, since sciences rely on reasoning and past paper questions won't repeat.

- If i made any mistake in the above explanation, please let me know.

Reaction score
reactivity series (of metals n hydrogen is wat u need in d IGCSEs) :p :
please
stop
calling
me
a
crazy
zombie
if
that
large
hippo
can't
swim
gug glug!
plug plug!
:LOL: first letter of each word denotes d first letter of each metal in order <_<

reactivitySeries.gif
plz --- k
send ----Na
littel ---- li lithium
chat ---- Ca
massala ---- Mg
and ---- Al
chota --- C - Carbon
zebra ---- Zn
if ----Fe - iron
the ----Sn - tin
horse ---- H
cant ---Cu
make ----Mn - manganise
sweet ----Ag -silver
goldish ----Au -gold
poop ----Pt -platnium

Reaction score
ans is B

but it can also be C
explain plz

and can anyone tell the reason why stainless steal dont rusts

Attachments

• SCAN0000.jpg
    SCAN0000.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reaction score
ans is B

but it can also be C
explain plz

and can anyone tell the reason why stainless steal dont rusts

It can't be C, because if it is less finely powdered, the granules are larger and hence occupy a SMALL surface area.
Rate of reaction decreases with surface area, hence the answer cannot be C.

Also stainless steel doesn't rust because apart from 70% iron, it contains 20% chromium, and 10% nickel I think.
These compounds (Chromium and Nickel) help protect the iron (sacrificial protection) from rusting since they react with the water and oxygen to form a protective oxide layer like in aluminium

Cheers

Reaction score
It can't be C, because if it is less finely powdered, the granules are larger and hence occupy a SMALL surface area.
Rate of reaction decreases with surface area, hence the answer cannot be C.

Also stainless steel doesn't rust because apart from 70% iron, it contains 20% chromium, and 10% nickel I think.
These compounds (Chromium and Nickel) help protect the iron (sacrificial protection) from rusting since they react with the water and oxygen to form a protective oxide layer like in aluminium

Cheers

thankz man ur best

Reaction score
the second point in the increases the surface area so why ans is B

explanation plz

Attachments

• SCAN0000.jpg
    SCAN0000.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
the second point in the increases the surface area so why ans is B

explanation plz
It says SIZE is increasing.. not surface area.. they are 2 different things..
Size means the lumps or granules are getting bigger instead of smaller (crushed) so surface area is decreasing

Reaction score
Q ) which metal is best for overheated cable

Q ) plz explain :

• volume relation with rate
  • volume relation with concentration

Reaction score
0625/32/M/J/11

Q3) a(1) explain why it is necessary to keep total volume the same in all the experiments ?

can anyone give exlpanation to the answer in the markscheem

Reaction score
0625/32/M/J/11

Q3) a(1) explain why it is necessary to keep total volume the same in all the experiments ?

can anyone give exlpanation to the answer in the markscheem

I can't find this question in the paper you mentioned. Q3) a(1) is about moments in this paper, please link the paper here?

Reaction score
I can't find this question in the paper you mentioned. Q3) a(1) is about moments in this paper, please link the paper here?

sorry i typed physics code

can u also answer

Q ) which metal is best for overheated cable

Q ) plz explain :

• volume relation with rate
  • volume relation with concentration

Attachments

• 0620_s11_qp_32.pdf
    182.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 0620_s11_ms_32.pdf
    122.7 KB · Views: 1