• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Preparing for the SAT Reasoning Test

Reaction score
What are the best book for SAT REASONING as I'm sitting in 2014!!??? Please tell me! Someone??

Reaction score
I'm new to this examination and the uni I hv selected have asked me to sit for it. Any help will b greatly appreciated. Plz guide me and give me some idea abut it. I'm sitting for the 1st time :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm new to this examination and the uni I hv selected have asked me to sit for it. Any help will b greatly appreciated. Pls guide me and give me some idea abut it. I'm sitting for the 1st time :)

Oh bhai me too konsi uni waase?

Reaction score
I'm new to this examination and the uni I hv selected have asked me to sit for it. Any help will b greatly appreciated. Pls guide me and give me some idea abut it. I'm sitting for the 1st time :)
SAT is basically a general aptitude test, you don't need to attend an aptitude test of university (at least in the US) if you have given SAT exams.
There are 2 parts to this test, SAT I and SAT II. SAT I is a basic test, for English and Math ONLY. whereas, SAT II is a subject test, where you register to the college board as per your subject requirement.
Go to the site, www.collegeboard.com to find out about tthe test dates, how to register, and how will you be questioned, get the guide, get the materials to study, and practice the pastpapers. ALL of which are provided in the site. :)
Good luck!!

Reaction score
I DONT KNOW WHY TO GIVE SAT...
I am in AS level from India... And want to go in electronics field... What should i do? ?????
How much grade in A level???? And may i have to apply sat for getting admission out of INDIA... reply me soon... :(

Reaction score
AoA, Xtremites!

This thread is intended for all those who may have problems related to the SAT. Members here have made numerous posts regarding testing centres, registration dates, the importance of the SAT, etc. This post is not for the aforementioned issues. Instead, post specific questions related to the subject matter here and have your doubts cleared. Your problems may relate to any of the three SAT sections:
  • Critical Reading
  • Writing Skills
  • Math
Happy posting and good luck! :)

Hey, I wondered how much time do we need to give for the preparation of SAT 1, for a score greater than 2000. I really need help with the time management part. Waiting for a reply. Thanks. ^_^

Reaction score
guys would i really need to give sat subject test?? please let me know as i want to apply in a course associated with business/economics
and if yea which one would it be ?
Kind Regards

Reaction score
What would be the best way to improve Critical reading and writing skills part???
I have been practicing but my score isnt improving by much what should I do???

Reaction score
I'm giving the SAT I this November and I need a bit of advice. I've found a lot of SAT resources on the internet but the problem is that now I have a LOT of resources(Ebooks of Barron's, Princeton, McGraw Hill's, practice tests, notes etc) and it isn't possible to study from each and everyone of them. So can someone tell me which book(s) are the BEST for getting a good score in the SAT I (for those who have given it)? Help will be appreciated :)

Reaction score
I'm giving the SAT I this November and I need a bit of advice. I've found a lot of SAT resources on the internet but the problem is that now I have a LOT of resources(Ebooks of Barron's, Princeton, McGraw Hill's, practice tests, notes etc) and it isn't possible to study from each and everyone of them. So can someone tell me which book(s) are the BEST for getting a good score in the SAT I (for those who have given it)? Help will be appreciated :)
Barron's book is awesome.
Yeah, DarkEclipse, Awesome12 :)

Reaction score
Barron's book is awesome.
Yeah, DarkEclipse, Awesome12 :)
No I hate it :D
I like the fact that it explains everything nicely, but I hate the tests. The tests make you feel so stupid, as if you don't know anything. But yeah, it was the first book I used, and I have to credit for helping me.

Kaplans is the worst. The worst tests on Planet Earth, with even more asinine explanations that make no sense whatsoever.

Get the Blue Book. I have heard it is the best. Its tests are regarded as being as closest to the original tests.

Reaction score
No I hate it :D
I like the fact that it explains everything nicely, but I hate the tests. The tests make you feel so stupid, as if you don't know anything. But yeah, it was the first book I used, and I have to credit for helping me.

Kaplans is the worst. The worst tests on Planet Earth, with even more asinine explanations that make no sense whatsoever.

Get the Blue Book. I have heard it is the best. Its tests are regarded as being as closest to the original tests.
P.S. Yet Barron forever. :D

Reaction score
I actually like Kaplan's Chemistry book.
Princeton Review's Physics and Biology E/M books are good, Barron's Biology E/M and Mathematics Level II is great. The blue College Board book is only good for the SAT I, and the SAT II Subject Tests book is okay-ish. McGraw Hill's SAT I book is good.