• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Which Universities accept AS level candidates?

Reaction score
Hi, Do you guys know good universities around the world which take AS level candidates for undergraduate studies who haven't done A2 or complete Alevels?

Reaction score
Every university judges the candidate on bases of AS result. E.g: Students apply in LUMS after their AS. However admissions are completed after A2 is completed. The universities which accept only AS are not considered so good. That's all I know.

Reaction score
Every university judges the candidate on bases of AS result. E.g: Students apply in LUMS after their AS. However admissions are completed after A2 is completed. The universities which accept only AS are not considered so good. That's all I know.
I know this :| Thanks... bdw which universities are not considered good and what's the criteria for being a good university according to your info? can you name any 'not so good' uni just like you did for Lums?

Reaction score
I know this :| Thanks... bdw which universities are not considered good and what's the criteria for being a good university according to your info? can you name any 'not so good' uni just like you did for Lums?
I think you 'mis-understood' my point. :)
Earlier I remember answering for a member here who wanted to get admission in university without A2. There are very few universities which offer this but these aren't considered good. I would Insha'Allah post more about this after I m free from exams.

Reaction score
I think you 'mis-understood' my point. :)
Earlier I remember answering for a member here who wanted to get admission in university without A2. There are very few universities which offer this but these aren't considered good. I would Insha'Allah post more about this after I m free from exams.
no i didn't. i think you misunderstood that's why you skipped my original query. Thanks anyway..
oh yeah your exams.. :D

Reaction score
I disagree with what has been said above about universities not being that good if they accept AS. Hundreds of the best American universities accept AS level and so do almost all Canadian universities. Strictly talking about USA, they really don't care all that much about your A level/AS grades, as long as they're pretty good ( B/A/A* )
As long as you have a great SAT score, good extracurriculars etc. you're good to go.

Reaction score
I disagree with what has been said above about universities not being that good if they accept AS. Hundreds of the best American universities accept AS level and so do almost all Canadian universities. Strictly talking about USA, they really don't care all that much about your A level/AS grades, as long as they're pretty good ( B/A/A* )
As long as you have a great SAT score, good extracurriculars etc. you're good to go.
Oh Awesome, then there shouldn't have been A2 in the first place right? Why do students spend 1 whole year which so much money to do A2 when they can get in good university with just AS? Answer this please.

Reaction score
Oh Awesome, then there shouldn't have been A2 in the first place right? Why do students spend 1 whole year which so much money to do A2 when they can get in good university with just AS? Answer this please.
Sure, the reason students spend the extra year is either because they plan to attend a university in UK where the complete A level is mandatory OR if they wish to attain and gain extra credits when applying to US/Canadian universities sometimes making them eligible for starting university at sophomore year instead of starting as a regular freshman, so basically, get enough credits to skip the first year of university. It all depends on personal opinion, I, myself am applying to UT Austin and Texas A&M this November after sitting my SAT and they've clearly stated that AS levels are fine as long as my SAT grades and my extra curriculars are good. American/Canadian universities only require 12 years of education. I hope that answers your question :)

Reaction score
Thanks bro for the valuable info. :]

Reaction score
You are asking him as if he is the one who sets the criteria for admission in universities. :D its solely depends on university choice and preference.
maybe they just want to see the aptitude and talent in a student, weather he/she has the right basic skills, are they focused and determined to study for any undergraduate coarse or not. they just need to check weather you have good maths and english that's why SAT 1 is required in many Uni's.
many people do complete alevels in science subjects but they may study business when they enter university, so it doesn't really help them in that bachelors program and alevels study becomes more or less meaningless in their field of study, but alevels make them diversified and increase their knowledge in other subjects...

a levels actually is considered hard and makes you ready for the challenging study in university. its a formality to get into university.
the money issue is rightly posed. cie do charge us a lot. agree with you :D

Reaction score
Is it necessary to give SAT exam before applying to any canadian/uk university?

Reaction score
Is it necessary to give SAT exam before applying to any canadian/uk university?
You don't have to give the SAT for majority of Canadian universities, if not all. For American universities, it depends from one university to other but generally, community colleges ( 2 year college from which you transfer to university after end of the 2nd year but generally attract a less studious student body ) don't require the SAT. Proper American universities would require the SAT 1 and depending on your course, SAT subject tests as well.

Reaction score
For instance if applying to medical Canadian/uk university is it necessary to give SAT or just ielts or tofl are required or it depends on the university we are applying?

Reaction score
For instance if applying to medical Canadian/uk university is it necessary to give SAT or just ielts or tofl are required or it depends on the university we are applying?

You can't do medical straight up, you have to major in something first which could e premed. UK, I believe you have to give a different test, forgot what it was. Canada doesn't require SAT but yes, you might have to give toefl or ielts, however, you can ask for a waiver if you have a high English grade from a British/American/International school.

Reaction score
Oh and sorry, the UK, you can go straight to med school but you have to sit a test ( UKCAT ) and depending on your mark, you'd get admission.

Reaction score
Actually my sis is currently doing A levels, she is in A2.... Her current result means in A1 was b, c, e , e...... Would she get admission in any of the Canadian medical university ? She searched for university of Toronto ... Are there any chances for getting admission there.....? Please suggest...!

Reaction score
Actually my sis is currently doing A levels, she is in A2.... Her current result means in A1 was b, c, e , e...... Would she get admission in any of the Canadian medical university ? She searched for university of Toronto ... Are there any chances for getting admission there.....? Please suggest...!
As I said, you would need to get a major in a bachelor's degree before you started med school in Canada so yes, it is possible for her to get admission DEPENDING on the course she chooses.

Reaction score
What is major bachelor degree?
In canada they accept 100students per year only in entire country

Reaction score
What is major bachelor degree?
In canada they accept 100students per year only in entire country

The first 4 years of college that you study a course, that is your major/bachelors degree.
100 students per year? That's not correct LOL must be a LOT more then that for sure!