• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

whats the difference between IGCSE and GCSE?

Reaction score
Me neither i think IGCSE as the name says is more internationally recognized while GCSE is a more declining sort of thing as many countries are switching to IGCSE !

Reaction score
Me neither i think IGCSE as the name says is more internationally recognized while GCSE is a more declining sort of thing as many countries are switching to IGCSE !
why are u saying that GCSE is a declining sort of thing i mean papers are more difficult and is a world wide more preferrable degree than IGCSE?

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
That's not true. IGCSE has more recognition and higher difficulty level than the old GCSE.
If you don't know something, don't misguide other people with wrong info.

Reaction score
That's not true. IGCSE has more recognition and higher difficulty level than the old GCSE.
If you don't know something, don't misguide other people with wrong info.
NIbz r u sure that IGCSe is more difficult i have heard IGCSE papers are easier than GCSE

Reaction score
GCSE is only done in london,while Igcse is just the international version done around the world.

Reaction score
GCSE is only done in london,while Igcse is just the international version done around the world.

If u are talking abt GCSE exams occurring only in Britain then no,it also happens everywhere,im in Pakistan we have mostly GCSE here as well as IGCSE !