• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

TAJWEED

CAN U RECITE QURAN WITH TAJWEED?

• YES

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • NO

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • YES AND WANT TO HELP OTHERS

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • I WANT TO LEARN IT

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
What is tajweed?
It refers to the rules governing pronunciation during recitation of the Qur'an.
The importance of Tajweed:

And recite the Quran with measured recitation."[Quran 73:4]
Muhammad bin Al-Jazaree the great Qur'an and Hadeeth scholar of the 9th Century (Hijri) says in his famous poem detailing the rules of Tajweed:

"And applying Tajweed is an issue of absolute necessity, Whoever doesn't apply Tajweed to the Qur'an, then a sinner is he."

Sheikh Zakariyyaa Al-Ansari [died in 926 H.] said in explanation of this verse in his book: Sharh al-Muqaddimah al-Jazariyyaa
"It is required to observe all of the Arabic rules in that which changes it and ruins the meaning".

Reaction score
tiRU8BC.jpg

Reaction score
Awwwww bro m srsly vry srry as I didnt receive ne alert claiming dt u hv tagged me :( jazakAllah fr de tag brooo...indeed a vry useful thread :)

Reaction score
Guys if you're dead serious it's better to start a Skype or Gtalk group or something. Having a real teacher to encourage you is the bestest thing ever. And if you wanna learn how to recite properly, I'll pass my teacher's recommendations to you:
- Listen to Imams Huzaifi and Abdullah Basfar. Their madd, ghunna, etc, is perfect, ma shaa Allah. Very good for learners!
- Recite newly memorized verses during your Salah
- READ OUT LOUD! I'm a bit shy about my voice, so I do this at night in a far away room, but nevertheless! Nouman Ali Khan says so too :)
May Allah assist, bless, forgive and reward all of you, and grant us all Jannat al Firdaws, ameen!
Oh and knowitall10, have you read this?

Reaction score
Guys if you're dead serious it's better to start a Skype or Gtalk group or something. Having a real teacher to encourage you is the bestest thing ever. And if you wanna learn how to recite properly, I'll pass my teacher's recommendations to you:
- Listen to Imams Huzaifi and Abdullah Basfar. Their madd, ghunna, etc, is perfect, ma shaa Allah. Very good for learners!
- Recite newly memorized verses during your Salah
- READ OUT LOUD! I'm a bit shy about my voice, so I do this at night in a far away room, but nevertheless! Nouman Ali Khan says so too :)
May Allah assist, bless, forgive and reward all of you, and grant us all Jannat al Firdaws, ameen!
Oh and knowitall10, have you read this?
Aameen.
Yes, now I have.. Jazakillahu Khair for the tag:)
And you're perfectly right. I agree with you.

Reaction score
COMPLETE TAJWEED SERIES (AUDIOS)

The Audio Series
*It is advised that these audios be heard using headphones as the sound quality for some of the audios isn't clear. Using an ipod or mp3 player is even better, as it will be easier to pause, rewind and forward.

• What is Tajweed? Part 1 | Part 2
  • History of Tajweed. Download
  • Islamic Point of View. Download
  • The Obvious and the Hidden Mistakes. Download
  • More about the Mistakes in and Virtues of Tajweed. Download
  • The Aadaab (etiquettes) of reciting Qur'aan. Download
  • The three Arkaan of the Qur'aan and how the Qur'aan was collected into one Mushaf. Download
  • Imam Hafs Ibn Sulayman al-kufi 90-180 H and his teacher Asim Ibn Abi Annujud d. 127 H. A brief summary on the 10 Qiraat. Download
  • The Isti'aathah before reciting the Qur'aan. Download
  • The ways of basmalah before and while reciting the Qur'aan. Download
    episode_11.mp3
  • Introduction to the sounds of Arabic alphabet. Download
  • The rules of tanween and noon sakinah. Download ¦ Support doc
  • A continuation of the last episode and introduction to the rules of Idhghaam. Download
  • The rule of Nooan sakinah and tanween and specifically the rule of Ikhfaa'. Download
  • Rules of Noon sakinah and tanween, plus an introduction to the rule of Iqlaab. Download
  • An introduction to the rules of meem sakinah, which has three types: Ith-haar shafawi, Idhghaam shafawi and Ikhfaa shafawi. Download
  • The rules of ghunnah in detail. Download
  • Introduction to the rules of Madd. Download
  • Madd asli. Download
  • Rules of Madd and al-Madd al-Muttassil. Download
  • The Rules of al-Madd al-Munfassil in detail. Download
  • The Rules of Madd al-Badal. Download
  • The rules of Madd Asssilah. Part 1 | Part 2
  • Al-Madd Al Laazim Part 1 | Part 2
  • Rules of Madd al-Farq. Download
  • Al-huroof al-Muqatta'h (the disjointed letters). Download
  • Al-Madd al-'Arid li al sukoon (how to stop while reciting). Download
  • Different Combined Madds. Download ¦ Support Doc 1 ¦ Support Doc 2

Reaction score
yes and i wud want to help others , sorry i just saw d first option and ticked it without reading the rest!!