• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics oct/nov 33 (answer questions)

Moi

Reaction score
tom is the paper i beieve for everyone??
i got some questions and will be appreciated if u answered...ask awy lets help each other!

Q1) difference between absolute and relative uncertainty?
Q2) how measure precentage uncertainty in different conditions? ex: of an average value, of and added/subtracted value, multiplied/divided value ect.
do we use /\x÷ X *100 for all ?? plz explain all kind of conditions for precentage uncertainty with examples.
Q3) for obtaining voltage and current values...do we keep them the same or write them to 3 sig figures?
Q4) If they did not ask us for a certain unit..do we write answers in cm or m ?
Q5) when are we supposed to convert to meter?
Q6) when do we write the value to decimal place and when to sig. fig?? is it true that mesuered values are to decimal places and calculated are in sig. fig?? what about the obtained ones like voltage and current? in decimal place or sig. fig (3) or just the way they are ?
Q7) the ruler uncertainty is 0.5 mm from each side thus 1 mm in total. why does cie 2 mm uncertainty sometimes not 1 ??

thats abt it for now. thank you to whoever will answer my questions and inshAllah we all will do good !!

Reaction score
Hello, my exam is tomorrow, if you did the paper, can you please tell me, was there electricity experiment ? or pendulum ? just tell me what were the questions generally about. Thanks alot.

Moi

Reaction score
Hello, my exam is tomorrow, if you did the paper, can you please tell me, was there electricity experiment ? or pendulum ? just tell me what were the questions generally about. Thanks alot.
Sorry my exam is tomorrow Too :)

Reaction score
hi :) tomorrow's my exam too..
my answers to some of your Q's:
1) absolute is the actual uncertainty (+/- the least s.f.) while relative is the fractional uncertainty (actual uncertainty divided by the measurement/reading)
4) it must be to the nearest mm.
i think it's best to just use 3 s.f.

I also have a question: Is there a proper angle (from the vertical axis) for the starting positon of a pendulum when finding its oscillation's time period? Should we raise the bob at a small angle so it would move slow?

Moi

Reaction score
hi :) tomorrow's my exam too..
my answers to some of your Q's:
1) absolute is the actual uncertainty (+/- the least s.f.) while relative is the fractional uncertainty (actual uncertainty divided by the measurement/reading)
4) it must be to the nearest mm.
i think it's best to just use 3 s.f.

I also have a question: Is there a proper angle (from the vertical axis) for the starting positon of a pendulum when finding its oscillation's time period? Should we raise the bob at a small angle so it would move slow?

Thx for ur answers... nearest mm as in
Ex. 20.0 cm / 0.200 m ? This way??

As for your question. ..I dont think u need to make it at an angle or rais the bob.
The line ad we all know is always vertical. Now usually, questions make you change the hight of the string carrying the ball and this will infact change the speed of your bob movement between slow and fast.
U cant control it.

Reaction score
Thx for ur answers... nearest mm as in
Ex. 20.0 cm / 0.200 m ? This way??

As for your question. ..I dont think u need to make it at an angle or rais the bob.
The line ad we all know is always vertical. Now usually, questions make you change the hight of the string carrying the ball and this will infact change the speed of your bob movement between slow and fast.
U cant control it.

if it's 20 cm then it's 200 mm.

Reaction score
does anyone have a idea what instruments are coming for the paper tomorrow? will electricity come or mechanical?

Reaction score
guys there was one paper where electricity was the second question and there was the limitations and improvement on that question.. anyone know which year that was? or could u pls tell me wat i could write on limitations and improvements on an electricity question..
thank u!

Reaction score
[quoa voltmeter,resistors, meter rule, a battery
another i've got is rubber band n mass hanger n retort stand......plzz dnt ask ask silly question how i knw....:cautious:an obviously im nt gonna tell:p

Reactions: Moi
Reaction score
Q4) If they did not ask us for a certain unit..do we write answers in cm or m ?
then does'nt materrzz at oll u could ans in any better to use SI bt remember if u've once done with 'm' or 'cm' u have to use everytime the same unit for the rest ov ur experiment.....!!!!:cautious:
Q5) when are we supposed to convert to meter?
uote]

ur never supposed to convert untill a space provided for answer hav a unit{e.g: length...........m}
bt still again better to use SI units n Dnt forget to take readings or convert it to the unit u once decided n used.......

Moi

Reaction score
another i've got is rubber band n mass hanger n retort stand......plzz dnt ask ask silly question how i knw....:cautious:an obviously im nt gonna tell:p
Thats the tools for second experiment? Thx

Reaction score
no u have to tell the limitation n improvements....

n it does'nt matrzz actually learn for both its so easy for us....got oll wot gonna come in paper....!!!thanx to internet n xtreme paperzzz:D

Reactions: Moi
Reaction score
hey have u oll checked the 1oo% guess by saad gujjar its absolutely correct.....

Reaction score
kindly help me with questions of pendulum how to find the readings?? do we take 20 osscilations for t1 and ecord the time and for T we add both t1 and t2 values and then divide by two?am i right?