• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

My Chances in LUMS BS Economics?

Reaction score
I gave the LCAT test, held yesterday. The Test was very easy, I did 100% on English but due to time, I left about 4-5 MCQs in every Math Section, There were three math sections. I have 2A* 4A 2B in O'levels, 75% in FSc part I (LUMS Require 65%), I sent about 30 Extracurricular Certificates, 2 Work Experience Certificate and a well written personal statement, What are my chances in BS Economics?

Reaction score
75% is pretty less according to me. Plus, your O'levels result is not the best around. Your chances are pretty slim unless you have a very good score in LCAT. Keep your fingers crossed. Do inform us if you get admitted. :)

Reaction score
there is a good chance i guess. they might select you on the basis of co-curricular. hope for the best. i have seen guys of 4 A's in olevels and with mediocre FSC/Alevel results in Lums so good luck.

Reaction score
hamidali why are you sooo demotivating person ?
there are pretty high chances of puma star , except from this a bit down F.SC percentage
6A's in O level is enough to get into lums for Bsc economics
if you have 11A's this doesn't mean you should expect everyone to be a nerd like you..

@puma star : Dont worry bro, there are pretty high chances for you and by the way 30 Extracurricular Certificates, 2 Work Experience Certificate wont make a difference , they select on the basis of admission test and O level that's it

Last year i Cousin got offer from lums he also had 6A's in O level and did well in L-CAT?
secondly how are you sure you did 100 % correct on English
it was way to difficult than Maths ,it was tricky and most of the time you wont tick the right option
just don't be so over confident and keep praying :)\Good luck

Reaction score
@creative22: I gave SAT I, Although I didnt got a good score, But LCAT was no way near the Standard of SAT I...SAT I english portion was so tough but I think I aced the LCAT English. I maybe wrong but I hope I wasnt, so i am just praying, wishing I would get in.

They started a new BS program in SDSB, BS in Management Science, does it mean that the number of seats have increased? Does it increase my chance of getting in?

Reaction score
hamidali why are you sooo demotivating person ?
there are pretty high chances of puma star , except from this a bit down F.SC percentage
6A's in O level is enough to get into lums for Bsc economics
if you have 11A's this doesn't mean you should expect everyone to be a nerd like you..

@puma star : Dont worry bro, there are pretty high chances for you and by the way 30 Extracurricular Certificates, 2 Work Experience Certificate wont make a difference , they select on the basis of admission test and O level that's it

Last year i Cousin got offer from lums he also had 6A's in O level and did well in L-CAT?
secondly how are you sure you did 100 % correct on English
it was way to difficult than Maths ,it was tricky and most of the time you wont tick the right option
just don't be so over confident and keep praying :)\Good luck

God! Demotivating? I'm just against false hopes. They just give you a different mindset and when you are rejected it's much more hurtful (It's a personal experience). I told him what I feel his chances are and didn't make up anything like everyone else would in order to encourage him and get his morale high. He definitely has a chance, but the reason why I said it was slim was given in my msg (i.e. he has a a pretty low FSC first year percentage). I have seen people with 10 As in O'levels getting rejected by LUMS. Secondly, I also said that if LCAT went well then he has a pretty good chance. Above 100 boys applied to LUMS from my school, and most of them had a great LCAT. That is why I was more analytical about his chances.
And it's nothing about me, I'm not even going to LUMS FYI! I don't even consider myself that good!

Reaction score
thers a big factor of luck involved as well.... Olevels and lcat are both very important ... u do good there u have a very good chance :)

Reaction score
hello to every one ...... i wanted to know that how much chances do i have to get admission to LUMS... i performed well in FSC i got almost 90 percent .....and in matric i also got almost 90 percent but unfortunately i performed bad in LCAT ..... i hope to get more than 70 percent in lcat ....i unfortunately left almost 30 questions ..... but the questions i marked i am much confident about 'em ...... good academic background + bad LCAT =YES or NO ..........plz help.........waiting for reply

Reaction score
hello to every one ...... i wanted to know that how much chances do i have to get admission to LUMS... i performed well in FSC i got almost 90 percent .....and in matric i also got almost 90 percent but unfortunately i performed bad in LCAT ..... i hope to get more than 70 percent in lcat ....i unfortunately left almost 30 questions ..... but the questions i marked i am much confident about 'em ...... good academic background + bad LCAT =YES or NO ..........plz help.........waiting for reply

Its not that all the weightage is given to lcat.... u have an excellent result in fsc and matric... InshAllah hope for the best.

Reaction score
these are some of many assumptions .. everything counts.. and btw in my opinion the weightage of lcat will go down as it got leaked .

Reaction score
Listen guys, I know one person who is a teacher in lums, and he says that due to the leaked LCAT lums just wont sit like that they will reject students with a high score in LCAT and not EXCELLENT grades and thus people who gave the sat will have a higher chance this year

Reaction score
I gave the LCAT test, held yesterday. The Test was very easy, I did 100% on English but due to time, I left about 4-5 MCQs in every Math Section, There were three math sections. I have 2A* 4A 2B in O'levels, 75% in FSc part I (LUMS Require 65%), I sent about 30 Extracurricular Certificates, 2 Work Experience Certificate and a well written personal statement, What are my chances in BS Economics?

U have a 70 percent chance i suppose if u have a good score in LCAT. I have 4 A stars 2b's and in AS 2 A's and 1 B and in SAT 2090 so what do u think my chances are?

Reaction score
Listen guys, I know one person who is a teacher in lums, and he says that due to the leaked LCAT lums just wont sit like that they will reject students with a high score in LCAT and not EXCELLENT grades and thus people who gave the sat will have a higher chance this year

u sure?