• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
After the initiative taken by Math_angel in the IGCSE section, I have made this topic for students of O'levels. You can post any question or any problem here and me along with other XPF users will try to help you as soon as possible. This topic is a feasible option as it won't bring a hassle of making new topics for every question and it will also allow the helpers to not miss any of your questions and have one common topic for answering your Mathematics queries.

So start posting your problems. :)
Hey... Please help me out!
I'm confused because of two questions.
Q: A bus travels at 36km/h and arrives at its destination half an hour late. If it travels at 42km/h, it arrives at the same destination half an hour earlier. Find the journey's distance.
The below question is about simultaneous equation.
Q: If A gives B $3, B will have twice as much as A. If B gives A $5, A will have as much as B. How much does everyone have?

Reaction score
Hey... Please help me out!
I'm confused because of two questions.
Q: A bus travels at 36km/h and arrives at its destination half an hour late. If it travels at 42km/h, it arrives at the same destination half an hour earlier. Find the journey's distance.
The below question is about simultaneous equation.
Q: If A gives B $3, B will have twice as much as A. If B gives A $5, A will have as much as B. How much does everyone have?

Q1)
D=D
36(x+0.5) = 42(x-0.5)
36x + 18 = 42x - 21
18+21 = 42x - 36x
39= 6x
x=6.5 hrs :D

now for finding the distance use any one side of the equation
D= 36(6.5) + 18
D= 234+18
D=252 km !

Will solve Q2 later :D

Reaction score
in winters you do study cuz that makes sense...you have exams in like 3 months..but in summers...HOW do you study! :p
Just like that we study in winter:)
i have to study bcz i'm having my assessments after vacations. So its important for me. Don't know abt u?

Reaction score
Guys
can u help me in a math past paper problem for matrices, Its from past paper gcse olevels year: 2006,paper 2, question 11,

Look at a ii), i dont get why when we find the determinent, we didnt switch the values of B to
(d -b)
(-c a)

as well as aiii) and aiv)

Il upload the past paper

Please explain properly so i know how to solve​

Attachments

• 4024_s06_qp_2.pdf
    186.8 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Guys
can u help me in a math past paper problem for matrices, Its from past paper gcse olevels year: 2006,paper 2, question 11,​
Look at a ii), i dont get why when we find the determinent, we didnt switch the values of B to​
(d -b)​
(-c a)​
as well as aiii) and aiv)​
Il upload the past paper​
Please explain properly so i know how to solve​
determinant of A = 7(might be wrong ;) )
you dont switch the values of B cuz you use A to find A-1 and then you solve it as B = A-1

A X C
(1 -3)(X) = (-1 0)
(3 -2) (Y) (0 1)
solve this

well A (iv) is a transformation..so its a 90* A-Clockwise Rotation on the Origin...let me know where i am wrong..its been two months i have not touched Maths!! (y)

Reaction score
guys i have a question even though its sounds easy, it always give me a hard time, so its about coordinate geometry
from year: 1996 paper 1 question 6
The equation of a straight line l, is 6x-2y+1=0
a). write this equation in the form y=mx+c

I can never re-arrange and make it to that equation above. give me some helpful explanantion too

thanks

Reaction score
Hello i m new here and want help in ADDMATHS chapter identities . I literally dont get it!!!!!!