• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Math Paper 6; Continuity correction HELP

Reaction score
Hi' can anyone plzzzz tell me when Continuity Correction is applied in normal distribution.........
Thanx:)

Reaction score
Hi' can anyone plzzzz tell me when Continuity Correction is applied in normal distribution.........
Thanx:)
I want to know too.. :(
im stuck at this for like forever and havent been able to solve it.. i cant seem to identify the questions where this is applied. :'(
i posted this question in another thread too i hope someone answers this for us.. :/

Reaction score
u apply it when u are converting a binomial distribution to a normal one.

Binomial can be converted to a normal distribution if (n*probability of success>5)
if X is binomial distributed with (n,p) then converting to normal it becomes (np,npq)

some correction have to be made though
if P (X> or (less then or equal to) then add 0.5
if P (X< or (greater then or equal to) then subtract 0.5

Reaction score
View attachment 10444

View attachment 10445

View attachment 10446

I hope this helps u. I made them in a hurry so handwriting sucks.
u apply it when u are converting a binomial distribution to a normal one.

Binomial can be converted to a normal distribution if (n*probability of success>5)
if X is binomial distributed with (n,p) then converting to normal it becomes (np,npq)

some correction have to be made though
if P (X> or (less then or equal to) then add 0.5
if P (X< or (greater then or equal to) then subtract 0.5
thanxxxxx............(y)(y)

Reaction score
use continuity correction in questions which say... ' hence by suitable approximation '...

Reaction score
use continuity correction in questions which say... ' hence by suitable approximation '...
i think c.c apply when converting from binomial to normal distribution..........:)
but thanx for the advice.....