• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

LUMS VS GIKI VS NUST (Engineering)

Which university is the best for UG electrical engineering?

• Total voters
Reaction score
As the title says it all..Which university is the best for UG electrical engineering..NUST, LUMS or GIKI??

Reaction score
I've studied at both, NUST (EME) and GIKI. GIKI is way better than NUST.
GIKI didn't start it's electrical UG program now, it has been running since the beginning
Can't say anything about LUMS; haven't been there, but I'm sure it must be top notch

Reaction score
I've studied at both, NUST (EME) and GIKI. GIKI is way better than NUST.
GIKI didn't start it's electrical UG program now, it has been running since the beginning
Can't say anything about LUMS; haven't been there, but I'm sure it must be top notch
Can u please get information about LUMs engineering also?? Because i am an oversea student..Ur help would be appreciated..

Reaction score
Can u please get information about LUMs engineering also?? Because i am an oversea student..Ur help would be appreciated..
I haven't been to LUMS, but I think it must be good, since they have a very good reputation with their business school. I don't think it's accredited by the PEC, but you should check for yourself. Even if they are not accredited now, they will be later. LUMS SSE offers only electrical engineering so if you are interested in some other field of engineering then LUMS may not be fit for you.
If you have the money and admission then go for LUMS (the fees is 7 lakh per year i think). If you have to choose between GIKI and NUST, go for GIKI.
One thing you wont have to face in GIKI and LUMS is rote learning, because the entry tests are made in the way to filter out crammers, whereas in NUST you will find many crammers. So if you are doing a levels, this should be a plus point for you. Feel free to ask more.

Hope that helps

Reaction score
i want to go to GIKI.I want to know what is the % of girls n that university and wat SAT score is reqquired to be exempted from the admission test because i am also an overseas student and i cant come in the middle of the session for the admision....

Reaction score
i want to go to GIKI.I want to know what is the % of girls n that university and wat SAT score is reqquired to be exempted from the admission test because i am also an overseas student and i cant come in the middle of the session for the admision....
When I was in GIKI, I remember, there were very few girls. Like in a class of 100 there were maybe 10. You can expect this in any engineering institute.
Your sat II score should be above 2000 to get into electrical eng. You may have a chance with something like 1900, but you might not get into electrical, because everybody wants to do electrical eng.
Have you taken your sat II?
and have you applied to giki yet?

Reaction score
no.i am doing A2 currently and will apply for GIKI for 2013.nways I want to know is it a good university bcuz i liv in Saudiaarabia and i have no idea how Swabi would be..

Reaction score
Yes, it's a good university. Best in Pakistan for engineering if you ask me. There's nothing in sawabi, nobody actually leaves the campus because there's nothing outside and you get most of the stuff in the campus, except for cigarettes maybe. That's the only downside of GIKI, you'll miss out on the city life, but it's good in a way also cuz the security is tight and the rest of Pakistan isn't very safe.
Just keep your sat II scores high and you can easily get in GIKI or NUST

Reaction score
go for gik (if you can afford and pass the tough merit list there as they take less amount of students)
go for lums if you want to do business personally i would prefer engineering over business anyday making gik better option
1 gik
2 lums
3 nust eme
all are great btw

Reaction score

in giki girls have less than 1:10 compared with boys