• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Is it advisable for an IGCSE graduate to enter university immediately?

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I am from Bahrain and I am going to do my IGCSE exam in a month. I have been thinking lately of joining a university immediately after I finish my IGCSE's. But the main thing I am in serious doubt at is that is it really advisable and not a problem, for an IGCSE graduate to enter university?

To me, this is a difficult choice. Many say that entering the universities can remove 2 years of studying in AS and AL. So this could be a good advantage, while some say that applying for a university is a difficult task.

If you guys recommend me entering a university, can you please suggest me some good and reliable universities in countries like the US, India, Singapore etc. that accept IGCSE students?

Thanks a ton!

Reaction score
it actually depends on your academic potential the university and the concerned country..............check it out there are many who do so.....

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I am from Bahrain and I am going to do my IGCSE exam in a month. I have been thinking lately of joining a university immediately after I finish my IGCSE's. But the main thing I am in serious doubt at is that is it really advisable and not a problem, for an IGCSE graduate to enter university?

To me, this is a difficult choice. Many say that entering the universities can remove 2 years of studying in AS and AL. So this could be a good advantage, while some say that applying for a university is a difficult task.

If you guys recommend me entering a university, can you please suggest me some good and reliable universities in countries like the US, India, Singapore etc. that accept IGCSE students?

Thanks a ton!
Most of the good universities require AS level at least. I doubt they would accept you with IGCSE only. Plus, the IGCSE doesn't provide you with enough knowledge to enter a university.

Reaction score
No university in the United States would accept you with only IGCSE's, but I don't know about India and Singapore. I know some universities in Malaysia and the UAE that would accept you, although you might have to do a foundation year.

As for it being a good thing to do, I don't know. I think it depends on what you'd like to study. Are you studying Medicine, Engineering or something like that? Then I'd say at least do AS. If you're planning on studying History, Politics, English, Business, Tourism, etc, I don't think it matters whether or not you do AS.

Hope I helped. :)

Reaction score
No university in the United States would accept you with only IGCSE's, but I don't know about India and Singapore. I know some universities in Malaysia and the UAE that would accept you, although you might have to do a foundation year.

As for it being a good thing to do, I don't know. I think it depends on what you'd like to study. Are you studying Medicine, Engineering or something like that? Then I'd say at least do AS. If you're planning on studying History, Politics, English, Business, Tourism, etc, I don't think it matters whether or not you do AS.

Thanks. But I checked a few days ago the Cambridge Recognition search website. I found that 108 universities in the US can accept only IGCSEs.

Reaction score

do u know any colleges that accept IGCSE in Malaysia

Reaction score

do u know any colleges in malaysia other than university of nottingham??