• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Is GIKI better or NUST???

Reaction score
i know this much that u r allowed Air conditioners in hostels of GIKI only... :p
HEC ranks NUST as no. 2 and GIKI as 4th ..... but no ones gives a sh** to it.. :p
NUST ranks 350th in world in 209, and its engineering was ranked 280th in the same year...
but what people here say is that GIKI has all the modern labs n equipment n faculty, thou they hav nw moved to NUST n LUMS
if u get admission in aerospace or avionics at Risalpur, the nu shd go for it, coz CAE is ranked among top military colleges of the worls.. :)

Reaction score
hec ranking is shit but first of all giki is ranked 3(hec) ...but it is actually better if u look at points distribution....i am nustain but i can say giki is better due to its market value ,engro ,p&g etc all prefer giki students man giki along with lums are the big players of market...qs ranking nobody cares due to its criteria ...giki is only engineering uni rated grade a by england(pakistani) it came 3rd in asia 1998 nobody cares about 9 10 11 12 just that u were third in one year among iit and nws like colleges you get market attention...nust is good but giki is like dream :) i failed giki test and could have afford it ....but giki stands unparrallel we nustains come second(if you are from seecs or eme)

Reaction score
It depends on what you want to pursue. Mechanical is the best at GIKI. Electrical at NUST. Chemical at NED.

Reaction score
GIKI is my dreaM UNI ..... It is the best uni I ever listened abt or researched on!!!! ON the contrary Nust is also a best engineering uni. so is NED.

Reaction score
there is no comparison, i got admission in Mechanical engineering at giki without preparation. but then i studied very hard and got admission (in Mechanical engineering) at nust in 2nd merit list and my merit no. was not very good as i got in giki. nust has its reputation in the country and has a very good environment. if you go to giki, there are guys who are always bragging about ther university. they don't know shit but think they're better because they pay more money. the truth is there is a big protion of people who are their just because of money and no talent. the university lies in some pakhtoon area and a lot of pakhtoon students get admission their on some sort of quota. giki has the same standard as uet peshawer and most of giki students don't qualify for nust because of bad merit no. but nust has a lot of students who passed giki with better merit no.'s. ofcourse giki offers no competition. And speaking of better universities, PIEAS is the best but going there for undergrad studies is not advised because of their 5 year contract. so i joined nust (eme)

Reaction score
i wonder how u think that giki students dont qualify for nust.. stop doin shy predictions man n b realistic.. come to giki n av a survey, minimum ov 80 percent students are those who were also granted admissions in nust n the rest are also avin those students who ddnt even appear in nust's test. Syed Hashim Ali topper ov nust 2012 test is studyin materials in giki.. I maself got 68 merit numba in nust bt got 204 hea at giki while numba ov students appearin in giki were round about 6000 whea in nust more than 50000 I think. The fact is that giki test is nt that kinda formal as nust uet etc conduct based on RATTA ov Fsc therefore the talented n conceptual students apply only. Most ov students hea are frm a levels n quality conceptual education is to b dealt wd. Yeah we pay more coz we are aving modern n equipped labs nt theoratical like u bt also scholarships are thea for the deserved ones.. Anotha thin i wd point is the environment n discipline as well as the hell competition inside the uni.. Hea we are avin classes labs n quizzes upto midnght late n still each fourth student approximately gets probation n is expelled out due to the genious n extra hardworkin students' competition as well as complex quizzes n papers whea many ov ma frnds frm eme(failed to qualify giki) say that they dn touch the book till paper's nght n yet secure 3 gps(hea u'd av to study at least 16 hours a day frm start as well as must av sm extra conceptual bright mind for 3).. u people graduate 3000 students a year n hea 300 at most n still the rankin is only avin a difference ov 2 points(pakistani) besides the fact ov blacklistin ov Giki by the us... u may verify ma each said word !

Reaction score
there is no comparison, i got admission in Mechanical engineering at giki without preparation. but then i studied very hard and got admission (in Mechanical engineering) at nust in 2nd merit list and my merit no. was not very good as i got in giki. nust has its reputation in the country and has a very good environment. if you go to giki, there are guys who are always bragging about ther university. they don't know shit but think they're better because they pay more money. the truth is there is a big protion of people who are their just because of money and no talent. the university lies in some pakhtoon area and a lot of pakhtoon students get admission their on some sort of quota. giki has the same standard as uet peshawer and most of giki students don't qualify for nust because of bad merit no. but nust has a lot of students who passed giki with better merit no.'s. ofcourse giki offers no competition. And speaking of better universities, PIEAS is the best but going there for undergrad studies is not advised because of their 5 year contract. so i joined nust (eme)

i wonder how u think that giki students dont qualify for nust.. stop doin shy predictions man n b realistic.. come to giki n av a survey, minimum ov 80 percent students are those who were also granted admissions in nust n the rest are also avin those students who ddnt even appear in nust's test. Syed Hashim Ali topper ov nust 2012 test is studyin materials in giki.. I maself got 68 merit numba in nust bt got 204 hea at giki while numba ov students appearin in giki were round about 6000 whea in nust more than 50000 I think. The fact is that giki test is nt that kinda formal as nust uet etc conduct based on RATTA ov Fsc therefore the talented n conceptual students apply only. Most ov students hea are frm a levels n quality conceptual education is to b dealt wd. Yeah we pay more coz we are aving modern n equipped labs nt theoratical like u bt also scholarships are thea for the deserved ones.. Anotha thin i wd point is the environment n discipline as well as the hell competition inside the uni.. Hea we are avin classes labs n quizzes upto midnght late n still each fourth student approximately gets probation n is expelled out due to the genious n extra hardworkin students' competition as well as complex quizzes n papers whea many ov ma frnds frm eme(failed to qualify giki) say that they dn touch the book till paper's nght n yet secure 3 gps(hea u'd av to study at least 16 hours a day frm start as well as must av sm extra conceptual bright mind for 3).. u people graduate 3000 students a year n hea 300 at most n still the rankin is only avin a difference ov 2 points(pakistani) besides the fact ov blacklistin ov Giki by the us... u may verify ma each said word !

i am also a gikian and everything (lost prince) mentioned is 100% right . and also the nust test was much easier and staight forward as compared to the giki's entrance test which was totally based on concepts and the physics portion was really tough one. so if you want to join giki then forget about the ratta and your marks in fsc (i also did fsc) which is usually but i say " mostly cramming " . industry doesn't look at the rankings of institute but at its output (i.e students) . also as a NUSTIAN friend mentioned there is some quota in GIKI. there is no such quota admissions are 100% on merit .

Reaction score
It depends on what you want to pursue. Mechanical is the best at GIKI. Electrical at NUST. Chemical at NED.
nust is electrical... Nust student bag all the top awards in competitions relating electrical and robotics