• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IAL Biology on may-june 2014

Reaction score
hey folks!

im a candidate for biology IAL and gonna appear for AS and A2 as well on may-jne 2014, well, only months left for my exams and this is my second time appearing for biology AL (GCE the first time)

well, i will really appreciate any help or tips to take into consideration in order to get high grades, actually im hopping for A* and not even A

first of all before telling me any tips, i want something small that would never harm you, may you all pray for me to achieve the grades i hope?

Thanks a lot guys :)

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm new to Edexcel, I previously sat for the CIE AL Biology qualification, but I didn't do as I hoped, and I can't enter again due to centers with practicals not accepting private candidates anymore where I live.

I'm hoping to do the AS Biology qualification in M/J 2014, but I have a question, I hope you can answer it. Do I have to take all the three AS units in M/J 2014, or can I enter for Units 1 & 2 in M/J 2014, and then do Units 3, 4, 5, & 6 in January next year? Have you heard of students doing it this way?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
well you are lucky because i do live in KSA as well :p :D
anyhow i had the same problem as you are, didn't do well in my previous entry for GCE and now doing it for IAL instead for no centers accepting private candidates :D
anyhow i guess yep you can do what you are saying (that is what I heard :D ) but the thing is that I haven't seen anyone doing what you are saying...moreover bear in mind that next year it may change again, I mean no more IAL next year (as I said it may, actually a friend told me so and not sure if it is true or not)

Reaction score
I checked with Edexcel's website -- the IALs are a new thing, started this Jan. I don't think they'll be discontinuing it this fast. Anyway, I'll be registering through British Council, they are always accepting private candidates. And my aim is to do half the units now and the other half in Jan next year. So I'll be done with them.

When you say GCE, do you mean CIE's GCE A Levels? If so, can you tell me what topics are different in the Edexcel AS syllabus? I've looked into the specification and taken down a list of topics, as I can't get the textbook yet ... what textbook(s) are you using?

Reaction score
well look, Cambridge is not like Edexcel, so CIE is Cambdrige and GCE is Edexcel, old GCE is the same as IAL but till the last june session (2013), and IAL is just the new suit for old GCE, the new GCE has practical instead of alternative to practical papers, while CIE is a different board which I know nothing about except that it is more or less differing from the Edexcel GCE and IAL (you know, somethings here not there and others there not here), that is all the difference between the Biology AL Cambridge and Edexcel and no more :)

regarding the booka and stuff, I compiled all my Biology books notes and other stuff in a mediafire folder check it out :)

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm new to Edexcel, I previously sat for the CIE AL Biology qualification, but I didn't do as I hoped, and I can't enter again due to centers with practicals not accepting private candidates anymore where I live.

I'm hoping to do the AS Biology qualification in M/J 2014, but I have a question, I hope you can answer it. Do I have to take all the three AS units in M/J 2014, or can I enter for Units 1 & 2 in M/J 2014, and then do Units 3, 4, 5, & 6 in January next year? Have you heard of students doing it this way?

Thanks in advance.
Yap. We can do edexcel exams like this. In fact, I am doing my Biology IAL Unit 1,2, and 3B this year may-june. I would be doing the rest on next year may-june. :ROFLMAO:
Plus, we can also sit in IAL exams twice if we want. :D

Well good luck. :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
well look, Cambridge is not like Edexcel, so CIE is Cambdrige and GCE is Edexcel, old GCE is the same as IAL but till the last june session (2013), and IAL is just the new suit for old GCE, the new GCE has practical instead of alternative to practical papers, while CIE is a different board which I know nothing about except that it is more or less differing from the Edexcel GCE and IAL (you know, somethings here not there and others there not here), that is all the difference between the Biology AL Cambridge and Edexcel and no more :)

regarding the booka and stuff, I compiled all my Biology books notes and other stuff in a mediafire folder check it out :)

Thanx for all those notes. :D

Good luck with your exams. Sure, I would pray that your results are up to your expectations. ;)

Reaction score
how were your IAL's? Could you please upload the papers if you come across them.. thanks a ton! :)

Reaction score
how were your IAL's? Could you please upload the papers if you come across them.. thanks a ton! :)
The very first IAL exams was on January 2014. You can't expect edexcel to release papers this soon. :D

Keep visiting XPC. I'm sure this is the place where you would find the papers as soon as they are released. :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
my teacher gave us the Biology unit 1 IAL 2014.. it was okay..it had a lot of Cystic fibrosis and DNA stuff in it
yea i know that, actually this is what my friend told me :D
where are you from btw? if near we might have some group study or so :D

Reaction score
i really need some good ntes for physics... if u guys know of any please link me to them
thanks a lot :)

tdk

Reaction score
Could anyone give me the link for the MARK SCHEME or Answers of Examzone Practice Questions of Edexcel AS Student's Book .
Thank you in advance.