• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I.G.C.S.E Cairo

Reaction score
THAT IS MY COUNTRY I WILL do OF COURSE i will do AND THE BEST SALAM FOR ALL EGYPATIONS ON THIS GREAT FORUM:p :love::love: THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD

Reaction score
u r from EGYPT happy to know that there is some EGYPTIANS on this forum ... :):LOL:
Lol, I know same here :D...You would think that Egyptians are a lot everywhere in the world but when I started using this site I didn't find a lot of people; kind of felt out of place but I am happy to know that there are other Egyptians :'D

egy

Reaction score
Lol, I know same here :D...You would think that Egyptians are a lot everywhere in the world but when I started using this site I didn't find a lot of people; kind of felt out of place but I am happy to know that there are other Egyptians :'D

i am happy too (y)(y);) ...... do u know one of ur friends or relatives who was a IG student and he get into one of the public universties such as CAIRO or AIN SHAMS universty and with what grades ..... medicine , pharmacy , engineering .......
any idea about university will be appreciated ...:D

Reaction score
i am happy too (y)(y);) ...... do u know one of ur friends or relatives who was a IG student and he get into one of the public universties such as CAIRO or AIN SHAMS universty and with what grades ..... medicine , pharmacy , engineering .......
any idea about university will be appreciated ...:D
Sadly I wanted to ask about that too :p

Reaction score
sad :(:cry: i wanted to ask ........ it looks u r not living EGYPT , but if u r there why donot u ask some of the universties there
hey guys although im an iraqi grl bt ma frnd is egyptain so i can tell some of the unis requiremnet in ur country
u guys need up to 8 or 9 subject for ur o level for a good collage like medical engineering the range is A*-b
in AS n A level also u need up to 4 subject ranging A-C
n for A level the same ranging A*-B
ni guess there is some formula thy do to equate ur certificate n thy will obtain ur % n GPA n for medical it has to b above 110%

Reactions: egy

egy

Reaction score
hey guys although im an iraqi grl bt ma frnd is egyptain so i can tell some of the unis requiremnet in ur country
u guys need up to 8 or 9 subject for ur o level for a good collage like medical engineering the range is A*-b
in AS n A level also u need up to 4 subject ranging A-C
n for A level the same ranging A*-B
ni guess there is some formula thy do to equate ur certificate n thy will obtain ur % n GPA n for medical it has to b above 110%

thank you

Reaction score
Thank you ^^
but I heard they now need only 2 As subjects or 1 Alevel
and we need 8 olevels

egy

Reaction score
Thank you ^^
but I heard they now need only 2 As subjects or 1 Alevel
and we need 8 olevels

i asked about it we need 8 O level only

and for A level ........ u can take 4AS or ...2AS and 1 A level or ...... 2 full A level

BUT do not have any idea about universities

Reaction score
i heared that we may take 4 AS subjects than u can enter any private college if u wanted public universities u may take 3 at AS and 1 at A2 level or 2ASand 2 Alevel or 4 ASand any number in A2 WHAT IS SURE THAT WE NEED 8 O LEVEL SUBJECTS ...

Reaction score
A QUESTION IS THERE ANY PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES OR EVEN PRIVATE ONES IN EGYPT WHICH ACCEPT STUDENTS OF 11 YEARS ONLY NOT 12 , BUT WITH O LEVEL AND AS LEVEL ONLY

Not any more. However, I made an appeal to the Minister of High Education as well as many other students and those who completed the required subjects in at least three sessions have been accepted.

Reaction score
sad :(:cry: i wanted to ask ........ it looks u r not living EGYPT , but if u r there why donot u ask some of the universties there

You need 8OLs.
Does that mean that some faculties do not require an AL or AS subject?

Yes, indeed, only few faculties require AL subjects. Here is a list for those faculties:

- Engineering, Computer Science and Information Technology, and Fine Arts (Architecture Department) require either Maths AL or Maths AS plus Physics AS/Chemistry AS/Accounting AS.

- Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry and Physiotherapy require either Biology AL or Biology AS plus Physics AS/Chemistry AS/Maths AS.

What are the minimum grades required?

The minimum acceptable grade is C for an IGCSE (Ordinary level) subject and D for AS and AL subjects. This does not mean that if you scored C grade in all subjects, you will be accepted in Engineering, for example, it depends on the Tansik results.
What is the minimum score required for Faculty X?

Please refer to this link for Tansik scores for year 2012: http://www.tansik.egypt.gov.eg/fapplication/IG.htm
I just checked the link above, what are those numbers? How do I get this score while I do not know how much I scored in IGCSE, I just know my grade?

They evaluate our grades to fixed percentage. Follow the procedure:

1- A*=100%, A=95%, B=85%, C=67.5% and D=60%.

2- Add all your grades with correspondence to the above percentages. For example, you scored 5A*, 2A and 1B in OLs and A in AL. Your metascore will be: 5*100 + 2*95 + 85 + 95 = 870.

3- Divide your score by the number of the subjects you have sat, in our example, they are 9. 870/9= 96.66667%

4- Multiply your percentage by 4.1 (A factor fixed by Tansik Office to evaluate your grades to be like Thanaweya A'mma score. 96.66667*4.1= 396.333347.

Any other help? :3

Reactions: egy