• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

help needed please about fsc or A level

what do you think is the best choice u have only 2 days

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
i am oping for chemical engineering and i want to know what is best FSc from akh or A level. y university choice id nust

Reaction score
i am oping for chemical engineering and i want to know what is best FSc from akh or A level. y university choice id nust
grade wise I think you should go for Fs.c . It's easier to get grades and a good percentage... And aptitude tests are also based on Fs.c syllabus too... Not on the Fs.c pattern, but the material is the same... except for some shortcuts... And NUST needs at least 60% to be eligible to get admission in it in intermediate or A level, but needs 80% in aptitude tests. :|
Concept wise A level is better. And Federal board ( Islamabad board) is known to be more difficult than both A level and Fs.c...
And one more thing, you mentioned Chemistry... I've known that Chemical engineering in KU is better than that in NED ! But sadly there's politics in KU... :|

Reaction score
A level is good if you want to go out of Pakistan right after A level... But most of the students go out of Pakistan after doing their BS degree and getting a job experience too... So it becomes the same... Well, that's what I think :\

Reaction score
But you might have heard A level students usually progress faster in universities... So that's a factor too...
I just told the pros and cons I know . I can't decide for you... :)

Reaction score
Sadly the worst part :(
and Mustehssun Iqbal
About the Fsc syllabus thing, you people have a misconception....

The Entry test syllabus is vast.

A level students have to study some topics which were not part of A level syllabus...
AND
Other board students also have to study some topics which were not part of their syllabus, it might be part of other board's syllabus!

Quit whining, the other board's students face the same issue!

:)

Reaction score
and Mustehssun Iqbal

A level students have to study some topics which were not part of A level syllabus...
AND
Other board students also have to study some topics which were not part of their syllabus, it might be part of other board's syllabus!

i'm not whining... there's a list of topics which are in Fs.c syllabus... Take Circle, hyperbola, parabola, eclipse, sets, functions and binary relations, and a lot of them too. I'm just telling the truth so people become aware...
My cousin is in NUST and he told me this, and I found it true as well... :\
It's true that other boards have to study some topics. But the material is mostly Fs.c related. I do agree that we have an advantage of having better concepts than Fs.c students but the syllabus is more to their side. Maybe you haven't looked closely to the Fs.c textbooks brother. I' m not talking about their past papers, we all know they're repeated, but I'm talking specifically about the Fs.c textbooks.
And aptitude tests are having more and more percentage in Pakistan universities than the intermediatte/ equivalent grades. Do you know why?? It's because Fs.c checking has become highly corrupt now. Papers are done in homes. Papers are even checked by teachers at gunpoint unfairly... That's why aptitude tests are having more percentage than grades nowadays. So that people who actually studied in their intermediate level can get fair no. of seats rather than students who unfairly got grades... :(

Reaction score
and Mustehssun Iqbal

AND

And it might just differ on the approach to learning brother... Maybe you grasp the concepts from the ECAT material. But that's advanced for me. To study that material, I feel the need of first studying the Fs.c syllabus too...
and I am also a big fan of route learning as well :D

Reaction score
I AM GONNA GIVE YOU AN HONEST ADVICE..PLEASE GO FOR FSC,,i did a levels..i am giving entry test, they all are based on fsc,,,,,no faida of doing alevel..TRUST ME (I REGRET MY DECISION OF DOING A LEVELS,FSC MATHS IS SO DIFFERENT FROM A LEVELS)..I AM SUFFERING A LOT

Reaction score
I AM GONNA GIVE YOU AN HONEST ADVICE..PLEASE GO FOR FSC,,i did a levels..i am giving entry test, they all are based on fsc,,,,,no faida of doing alevel..TRUST ME (I REGRET MY DECISION OF DOING A LEVELS,FSC MATHS IS SO DIFFERENT FROM A LEVELS)..I AM SUFFERING A LOT
or start studying Fs.c books 3 months before aptitude tests, like studying it seriously... some people do that too...