• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Exclusive: Any help for those who are taking English as a second language

Reaction score
First of all, the syllbus
Writing 1. Describe, report, and give
personal information.
Carry out longer writing
tasks on a wider range of
topics.
• Writing letters to people in
different situations (some
formal, some informal).
• Writing down your feelings
and opinions, e.g. diary
entries, and recording your
experiences in other ways,
e.g. postcards.
• Writing descriptions of
events, places, people, etc.
2. Use language for a specific
purpose, e.g. to persuade, to
consider others’ views, to write
a commentary
• Taking part in debates and
writing up the conclusions
in a report
• Writing letters or articles of a
very specific nature, e.g. to
persuade your local council
to not build a new road; to
argue that smoking should be banned.

Reaction score
First of all, the syllbus
Writing 1. Describe, report, and give
personal information.
Carry out longer writing
tasks on a wider range of
topics.
• Writing letters to people in
different situations (some
formal, some informal).
• Writing down your feelings
and opinions, e.g. diary
entries, and recording your
experiences in other ways,
e.g. postcards.
• Writing descriptions of
events, places, people, etc.
2. Use language for a specific
purpose, e.g. to persuade, to
consider others’ views, to write
a commentary
• Taking part in debates and
writing up the conclusions
in a report
• Writing letters or articles of a
very specific nature, e.g. to
persuade your local council
to not build a new road; to
argue that smoking should be banned.

pls write starting & ending lines of letter to parents, brothers & sisters , relatives , friend , pen pal friend , council , editor , minister & ministry & so on. pls also provide staring & ending of essay , article , story , report ,

I `ll be v.thankful to u for this kind of Act.
jzk

Reaction score
Okay :)
first lets say that parents brother until pen friends they are all informal and semi formal letters, however council to minsitr it is formal
Thus, here are what you want.

Formal writing ( Council, editor, minister and ministry)
Samples of introduction:
I am writing to express my concerns regarding the cinemas plan to. / building a new garage
Using questions as why do we use the worst choice?
You can also say things as: On the other hand, there are ways of increasing cinema revenue \ other places for building the garage.
End with: Thank you for your attention, and I am looking forward to your replay.
If you are writing a letter for an organizer to choose you for a particular job as meeting a famous person use a strong ways of persuading as:-
Since you are the organizer, you have my life in your hands. I am writing this letter to convince you \ I have known the breaking news that the famous ………. \ Lastly, you should save my life ………
Use signature as impatiently yours, yours faithfully.
SUGGESTIONS AND OPINIONS
I am writing to draw your attention to . On behalf of. Regarding the issue of…… to protest about.
In my opinion, It seems to me that, I am convinced that, in my firm belief.
Owing to the fact that, on the grounds that, since.
Thus, therefore, as a consequence.
I have one or two suggestions which I think would be useful for you. There are however one or two suggestions………. I look forward to hearing from you.
One solution to the problem would be……………….
There is one or two suggestions that I would like to submit in order to solve the parking problem.
In addition to this, there are …………….
You can also give ideas in a letter :-
I have recently known that ideas are needed for. I decided to put forward my ideas concerning………….
I hope you take my suggestions into consideration and that………………………….

Reaction score
Informal letter ( friends etc...........)
Well, in an informal letter you should start the way the question says.
I’m sorry I haven’t written this week, but.
I’m sorry I haven’t written for ages, but I’ve been busy studying and haven’t had the time.
HOWEVER if it is in response
It was lovely to hear from you last week\ a few minutes ago\yesterday
Transition: Any way, I thought to drop you a line about .. I thought you would like to know ……….
Signature would be love from or hugs and kisses or
yours.
In narration we could start I cant wait to tell you about \ you will never guess what happened to me and then use time phrases as ( this week- a few minutes ago)
State who and what and where and when and why things you were doing.
E.g. I was walking home with Ahmed on Tuesday, we were chatting about. When suddenly\out of the blue …………
Time phrases must be used in narrative as, while I was doing. By this time The minute I within no time.. After what seemed like ages.
Use feelings as I was disappointed\surprised\furious to realize\learn\see etc……
PERSONALIZE ! say I don’t need to tell you how I was frightened. As you can imagine I was.., You know me …… You know how frightened I am of
END WITH well I must dash now to tell all about it or It all turned right at the end or I think it was the scariest moment \ happiest moment of my life.
IN AN ADVICE LETTER ! we use words as It was lovely to heart that . But I was sorry to hear you are …… Don’t worry I had the same experience\ I was in the same boat
Use phrases as What about\ you really should How about .. Have you thought of .. Try to .
Well,. Worked for me and I believe it will work for you, too.
I know that you are coach potato but .
I know you are not the world’s most energetic person, but…………..

Reaction score
may you please give me some ideas on how to write about: consideration to others, global tourism , internationalism and happiness... thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Heba
Consideration to others :-
Popular opinion states that that the collapse of the financial system was caused by uncurbed greed and opportunism in the economy’s “higher layers.” There is a popular notion of greedy, lustful billionaires who could never get enough, and who played irresponsible games to win more, while people’s well-being was at stake.
Many people support President Obama’s measures to even out the financial system, and support his and Prime Minister Gordon Brown’s talk of the need for consideration for others, greater compassion, and a kinder attitude between people.
The Average Joe Scenario

It is easy, and thus common, for the average Joe to point the finger at the ones in the high positions, and say that they are the ones in need of a new attitude: an attitude of consideration for others in terms of “How can I help these people?” instead of “How can I profit from these people?”

The average Joe thinks that his consideration of his family, friends and neighbors, makes him generally a good person, and that those in higher positions are the ones responsible for much of his misfortunes, such as losing his job, or having to pay more money for goods and services.
What this same average Joe fails to see is that the same billionaire he’s pointing his finger at, in many cases, also has consideration for his family, friends and neighbors, and is generally “a good person” by the same standards. It’s just that in his professional life, he is cutthroat competitive, while the average Joe isn’t.
Essentially, Kabbalah states the problem with this scenario is that both the average Joe and the ones in higher positions, have the same small “field of consideration” – one localized to benefiting only oneself and one’s close ones, and both are operating according to the same internal calculation stemming from a desire to profit from others.

Extending the Field of Consideration – From Personal to Global
Kabbalah states that this “being nice to others” in human society stems from a need to be secure and comfortable, and embedded into that same calculation is one that makes it okay to exploit and succeed over those who aren’t close. Moreover, it states that it is this attitude, of differentiating between “close ones that one should be nice to” and “distant ones that it is okay to profit from” is where the change needs to be made, and it’s no different for the ones in high positions than it is for the average Joe.
Globalization is the condition of today’s present era, and Kabbalah states that it requires everyone to extend their field of consideration to encompass humanity as a whole. In other words, the only way people can prosper and live secure, comfortable lives is by relating to all people as if they belong to one global family, of which everyone is a member.
Kabbalah states that by promoting the idea of global family, about how profitable it is to care for others, people will be influenced and will start acting accordingly. If examples of true consideration for others are promoted through all the popular media channels, people will begin to think and act according to these examples, even though they initially might not want to.
According to Kabbalah, this is how a needed change of attitude in this day and age should be implemented. By doing so, Kabbalah states that all economic and social systems will begin operating smoothly, for everyone’s benefit, because its operators (i.e. all people, not just those in high positions) will be in tune with this world’s new conditions.

Reaction score
  • Happiness
  • What people from all over the world are searching for? What is the most important thing for each individual? It can be love, friendship, for some people it is wealth. But every person is struggling to attain happiness.
  • What is happiness? It is something that cannot be exactly explained, something that cannot be specifically defined, but its universal meaning is understood by everybody.
  • Here are some steps that can help your write an essay on happiness.
  • Try to analyze what is happiness for you. This will help you to figure out the main points of your essay on happiness.
  • Our lives are full of love and joyful moments. But if we are realistic, we should understand that life is not always that way. Our life will always be filled with challenges. It is best to admit this to ourselves and decide to be happy anyway. Try to put your thought into sentences that will be the basis for your essays on happiness.
  • When writing an essay on happiness, try to analyze various aspects of your life.
  • A little investigation among your friends and relatives can help you with writing an essay on happiness. Analyze the results in your essays on happiness.
  • Summarize the answers and point out your idea and thoughts on this topic.
  • To attract your audience’s attention, try to be creative. An essay on happiness can be written in an interesting manner. Try to look at happiness from different sides.
  • Do not hesitate to quote famous people and provide vivid and amazing examples from their lives and your own. This will only make your essay on happiness brighter.
  • Do not forget about the structure of your essays on happiness: introduction, main body, and conclusion.
  • Different feelings and emotions make us feel carelessly and sincerely happy inside. What does it really take to be happy, to appreciate and to love our lives? These questions will always arise in our heads. And you are the only one to decide what means to be happy.
  • Essays are the most common academic paper that looks might seem easy to writer. Our free tips will help you to get through any kind of essays. Still, if you are stuck on writing, you can always ask us for help!
  • Our custom written essays are well-structured, professional, and cover the material in-depth. Simply place an order with our custom writing service, purchase the essay using any payment method from available ones (PayPal is available) and get your A+ papers.
  • Buying an essay paper is easy! Buy your paper now and secure yourself an excellent grade!

Reaction score
Actually, I did open this topic for writing,reading and listening exam :) So I am sorry if this information isn't complete :)

Reaction score
Hey AndrEw01 :)
The summary is so easy. Try to increase the use of linking words.
( The first idea write First of all, .................... the second Moreover,.................. third In addition and the forth Furthermore,.............. the last one write Finally,................ )
Do not forget to start with a sentence of 8 words describing the general writing
Do not exceed the world limit which is Maximum maximum 115-120 words
Now open the Thesaurus and get similar to these words " Good, bad, big, small, happy, sad, walk, see, issue, topic "
Ans I hope this Formal vocabulary could help you:-
Establish
Conflict: Struggle
Nurture: help someone
Accommodating: agreeing to a demand.
Concept: idea or principle
Grasp: Understand
Significantly
Variety: several different
A various amount of…….
Vital-Crucial: important
Dietitians: food scientists
Moderate: neither small nor large
Eliminate: totally remove
Trigger: activate
Insight: deep understanding.
Aspect: a feature of
Achieve: a goal
Make: a decision or a change or a choice
Meet: a need
Miss: a chance\ an opportunity
Curriculum= Syllabus
Financial: related to money
Controversy: a public discussion and argument about sth.
Controversial: causing a lot of angry public disagreement.
Incentive: sth that encourages you to do sth.
Accuracy or fluency
Evolve: develop from a simple to complicated.
Sophisticated: complicated.
Trough: time when a business or economy not growing.
Peak: the point when sth is best or most successful.
Access: way of entering.
Fluctuate: to change frequently in size, amount or quality.
In advance: before time expected.
Substantial: Big
Doubt: شك
Surf the net: use web to search sth.
Lose track of time: waste time
Imminent: likely to happen very soon.
Subsequently: afterwards, later.
Ancient: very old.
Phase: stage
Vulnerable: at risk.
Extinct: no longer existing.
Disastrous: extremely bad or unsuccessful.
Acclimatize: get used to a change in conditions.
Condemn: to express very strong disapproval of sth
Abolish: official end a law or a system.
Renovate: repair.
Surpass: be greater than expected.
Speculate about sth: guess
Implications: possible effects or result of an action.
Overcome a difficulty
Remedy a situation
Resolve an issue
Reach a compromise
Adequate: enough or sufficient.
Tolerant: متسامح
Infrastructure: basic system of city.
Useful can be replaced with beneficial\worthwhile\ advantageous. Useless can be replaced with pointless\futile\fruitless. Possible with feasible. Impossible with impracticable. Likely with probable and unlikely with improbable.
Pristine: unspoiled
Devastating: extremely harmful
Conserve: Save
Efficient: كفئ
Redundant: without a job
Persuade= convince
Unbiased: neutral
Rectify: correct
Intrusive: too noticeable in way that is annoying.

Reaction score
Finally, and again, use this website http://thesaurus.com/ when training on pastpapers summary to change every hard word in each idea, so at the end you will have a lot of vocabulary. Wish you best of luck :)

Reaction score
Hi Madridista....can u help with the topic of internationalism & olympics by giving some points on it ... i wud be thankful =)