• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computers & ICT: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Could anyone please give me a link where i could get topical past papers questions on AICT.
Thank you. :)

Reaction score
HELP !
Question number 24 ??
Whoever is going to do this i'm sure you will have to do it from the start, as in when u are doing it can you PLEASE take a screen shot of the Box that appears which says 'Function Argument' while you are doing a function. I dont have practice of excel at all and we hardly have much papers to practice :/

Attachments

• 9713_s08_qp_2.pdf
    103.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 9713_s08_ms_2.pdf
    139.5 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
i mean question number 25** ?! here i've also given the Examiner report.

Attachments

• 9713_s08_er.pdf
    156.9 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
HELP !
Question number 24 ??
Whoever is going to do this i'm sure you will have to do it from the start, as in when u are doing it can you PLEASE take a screen shot of the Box that appears which says 'Function Argument' while you are doing a function. I dont have practice of excel at all and we hardly have much papers to practice :/
I could try and see it, but I need the .zip file which I cannot find... so if you/anyone could post it. Thanks

Reaction score
HELP !
Question number 24 ??
i mean question number 25** ?! here i've also given the Examiner report.

both your questions are solved over here, there ain't much of anything to explain except just putting the formula.. to see the Function Argument box, just click the "fx" button in front of the formulas...
now for the graph, see the other word document

hope it'll help

Attachments

• 29-33.zip
    29.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 24-28.zip
    23.8 KB · Views: 19
  • forum graph.docx
    861.6 KB · Views: 18
Reaction score
With the .zip files I meant the resource files :p found them already but thanks anyways. When I started doing this paper myself (for practise) I got stuck at question 7 already... Could anyone help? I believe the formula is correct but for some reason is not working. [As you can see I get #N/A results :(]
Problem.PNG

Reaction score
With the .zip files I meant the resource files :p found them already but thanks anyways. When I started doing this paper myself (for practise) I got stuck at question 7 already... Could anyone help? I believe the formula is correct but for some reason is not working. [As you can see I get #N/A results :(]
View attachment 4222
Your lookup is correct... no problem with that. The problem lies in the ROUTE column. The data in the column are all in text format, if I'm correct. Anyways it's pretty easy to get around this problem... just put the formula like this: =VALUE(MID(A6,3,1))... the value function converts the text thing into number...
it should work now

Reaction score
Unfortunately will not solve this way neither... (also tried changing format)Problem2.PNG

Reaction score
before MID use VALUE like =VALUE(MID(##,##,##))
enter formula like this way = vlookup(value(mid(a6,3,1), ............... ) and no need to reformat the Route column, just CONVERT IT using VALUE function
Thank you so much!! This was the cause. I have (strangely) never heard of this function, and if it comes in the practical exam (in March I believe), I am really thankful for this hint!!

Reaction score
To Xenon
Paper 2 june 2010 has the file JXCust right ? when you open it the Company field is not complete ?? and while i'm doing my quary or report half the fields are not visible ? is it how its suppose to be or half of the column on 'Company' is actually missing ?

Reaction score
the same paper may/june 2010 can anyone give me a write up for the last question ?

Reaction score
Heyy there anyone to help ? :(
And Xenon you didnt explain how to do 25th question ?
Though, thanks for all the Help, God Bless You ! :)

Reaction score
And Xenon you didnt explain how to do 25th question ?
ah ok, first sort the Route column in ascending order
then in the table created, use the function COUNTIF and then manually enter the formula, I mean... like Route 1 starts from row 6 to 14.. taking this information, the formula set is =COUNTIF(Sheet1!$E$6:$E$14,">=5"), column E is used since we are dealing with time....
you can use this formula or use a bigger and more automated formula
=COUNTIFS(Sheet1!$E$6:$E$131,">=5",Sheet1!$F$6:$F$131,RIGHT(A2,1))
copy this in the first cell and drag it along to complete the table

Reaction score
To Xenon
Paper 2 june 2010 has the file JXCust right ? when you open it the Company field is not complete ?? and while i'm doing my quary or report half the fields are not visible ? is it how its suppose to be or half of the column on 'Company' is actually missing ?
Question number 9 of may/june 2010, how do you do it ?

as usual, I've uploaded the file... check out the query criteria
you can do Q5 in two ways... the first method is easy which includes entering the simple text "Is Not Null" in the Company field while performing the query
the next step is bit more advanced... in the design view, on an empty row, enter Left([CustomerID],1) (make sure that the JXCust table is visible in the design view, if not then select the Show Table and make the table visible).. doing this will create a new field in the query... now in the criteria section, just enter B or Like "B" ... afterwards you'll have your all the data required to create the query

step 9 will be easier to do, if you use the second method to perform the query in step 5
just make a copy of step 5, remove all the fields except the new field created by the Left function (I named it Inital in my file) and the Profit field (to delete a column in design view, select it and press Delete)... now select the Totals from Show/Hide (you'll see a new row named Total will appear between Table and Sort row) and then select Avg function for the Profit field from the Drop down menu (Group by will be shown by default)

Attachments

• forum_ASmay2010.zip
    45.1 KB · Views: 37