• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CIE vs EDEXCEL

Reaction score
Exactly.So shouldn't universities consider this?It seems unfair if they don't :(.Btw is IGCSE o levels more difficult or gce o levels?

Reaction score
Octahedral said:
Exactly.So shouldn't universities consider this?It seems unfair if they don't :(.Btw is IGCSE o levels more difficult or gce o levels?

Not sure about that..

But what I'm sure is that

Level of difficulty

easy----------hard

GCSE < IGCSE < (CIE/singapore) O-level

I took IGCSE but actually thought i'd better be doing O-level cuz we had A* so getting A's among series of A*'s makes it look imperfect

O-level now has A* right?

Reaction score
GCSEs are insanely easy. I studied the night before for most of my exams and got 1 B, 6 As and 2 A*s.
Now, all I seem to do is study and I still don't think I've done very well. :\

Reaction score
RiseAgainst said:
GCSEs are insanely easy. I studied the night before for most of my exams and got 1 B, 6 As and 2 A*s.

so unfair! or might be that u'r naturally intelligent :D

Reaction score
ideggkr said:
RiseAgainst said:

so unfair! or might be that u'r naturally intelligent :D

Lol, I wish. :(
If I was, I wouldn't need to study as much as I'm doing right now. >.>

Reaction score
I've done both CIE and EDEXCEL, let me tell you now, EDEXCEL is soooooooo easy, if you want a challenge, do CIE. If you don't EDEXCEL is for you.

Reaction score
about IGCSE compared to O level: IGCSE is so very very easy. i had a very mixed prep for O level: first year i was in a school where we studied for O level from Edexcel, then we shifted and i had to go to a school where we studied for IGCSE, then we shifted and i went to american high school for a year, then i ended up giving CIE O level in Pak. point is, Edexcel's syllabus is easier than even IGCSE's but i think it's easier to score in CIE. IGCSE's syllabus is almost the same as GCE O level, but the questions they set in IGCSE are not as detailed as they set in GCE O level. i wish i'd given IGCSE =(

Reaction score
i have no idea abt igcse .. but gce is not so hard either.. if i can get 7Az n 1 fu**ing C in english, then anyone can...:p

Reaction score
giving exams in edexcels is kinda different in edexcel i heard..heard u give it in parts so that should make it easier for guys who screw up on ''the ultimate ending exams'' which is cie

Reaction score
hey i think edexcel has more resources all the books i uploaded here sre written for edexcel besides their syllabus looks easier than the cie ones nd my teachers also say cie is tougher

Reaction score
I appeared for Edexcel O levels , and CIE A Levels.

Cie is atleast 2 or 3 times harder than Edexcel. You just need to have so much knowledge in every subject to do a good enough result. Its sad , universities don't differentiate between the two systems.

Reaction score
i am appearing for both math cie and edexcel this june
alot of things i could not do in mechanics and stats in edexcel due to the different syllabus, i didnt even look at their syllabus.
but their questions are very straight forward no thinking needed at all , as long as you know the syllabus all's cool

Reaction score
my dad thinks if i get bad in one i may be able to get good in another, and since this is my last year i do not want to repeat subjects again to get the university requirments.

Reaction score
^ lol best reply man...but highschool primary school all is hard in nepal..its so uselesss the education here that its damn hard

Reaction score
Most of the cie students claim edexcel is easier but thats absolutely wrong. I myself is a student of edexcel n i know how it is. Dont go too far, just compare isl papet of each board. In edexcel, there are conceptual or opinionated questions which requires solid reason n arguaments while cie exams dont have that n are far too easy!!

Reaction score
Being completely honest, it depends on what papers you're talking about to say CIE's harder than Edexcel.
IMO, subjects such as Maths or Chemistry, or most essay subjects (except for perhaps Business Studies and a few more) are much harder with CIE. But I'd say Edexcel is harder for Physics.
And for all of you saying CIE Further Maths is way harder than Edexcel.
Hmm. I'm not so sure. I'm doing Further Maths with CIE and I've finished the syllabus for the pure section in under 2 months (with a private teacher coming twice a week of course). I think the reason Edexcel looks easier is because they have a ton of textbooks and online stuff, so it's easier to know what you're required. With CIE you have to go through past papers and figure out what they want you to do. But the fact that the full Further Maths A level is summarised in 2 papers also makes it slightly easier.